PDA

View Full Version : Surfing

Yurt
11-27-2007, 10:44 PM
I love kayaking. Been a body boarder (sometimes called sponging) since I was 13. Like body boarding, but it has finally gotten a wee dull for me. I almost got into surfing at 17, but my dad said car or surfboard, you choose. More chicks fit in cars.... Then I was in the islands for a year, but only had my trusty body board and on 190 a month stipend, no surfboard. Then back to the NW where I got into kayaking instead of surfing. Well....been in SLO for a few years now and really want a good energy sport to burn those, girls close your eyes .... those love handles that have come in my early thirties and my wife's good cooking.... girls you can open your eyes. Body boarding is good, but I am buying a surfboard and becoming a true "braully" dude.

Taking my first lessons this weekend. And, the mrs. is coming too. I think its awesome she wants to learn to, being from Alberta and all :cool:. I am renting two boards Sat morning, buying the surf rack, surf booties and hitting the beach braaaa. Then sunday we do the lessons. I didn't really want them, but she does, prairie girl. :) airight, i don't mind em....

So I'll be hangin ten brooooos

http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/penguin_surfing.jpg

Kathianne
11-27-2007, 10:50 PM
I love kayaking. Been a body boarder (sometimes called sponging) since I was 13. Like body boarding, but it has finally gotten a wee dull for me. I almost got into surfing at 17, but my dad said car or surfboard, you choose. More chicks fit in cars.... Then I was in the islands for a year, but only had my trusty body board and on 190 a month stipend, no surfboard. Then back to the NW where I got into kayaking instead of surfing. Well....been in SLO for a few years now and really want a good energy sport to burn those, girls close your eyes .... those love handles that have come in my early thirties and my wife's good cooking.... girls you can open your eyes. Body boarding is good, but I am buying a surfboard and becoming a true "braully" dude.

Taking my first lessons this weekend. And, the mrs. is coming too. I think its awesome she wants to learn to, being from Alberta and all :cool:. I am renting two boards Sat morning, buying the surf rack, surf booties and hitting the beach braaaa. Then sunday we do the lessons. I didn't really want them, but she does, prairie girl. :) airight, i don't mind em....

So I'll be hangin ten brooooos

http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/penguin_surfing.jpg

That's way :cool: ! Lessons are a good idea!

82Marine89
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Surf booties?

Yurt
11-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Surf booties?

Up here, north of point conception, which some describe as the cape horn of California, the water is much colder than south of the point. The point is about 40 or so miles north of SB I think, the current change in the ocean is extreme. I actually saw the line differential when I took amtrak once. Pretty awesome. Smooth, fairly warm south and BOOM, rough windy north, cold ocean.

These help:

http://www.ton2surf.com/booties/ONeill_Sneak_Freak_Booties_Split_Toe_32mm.jpg