View Full Version : The Nine Most Badass Bible Verses - moved

Hagbard Celine
11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
This is great :D Enjoy.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15699_9-most-badass-bible-verses.html

darin
11-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Moved to 'Humor' because we don't have a 'Mocking' forum.

Hobbit
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I can't help it. As a Christian and a man, I think that's awesome. The one about the Earth swallowing those guys was a little out of context (lots of people complained about wandering in the desert, but these guys blamed God and wanted to go back to Egypt), but is still awesome.

There's an unmentioned Samson one I think was worthy of mention, though. One night, when Samson was in a Philistine city, the guards locked the gates to trap him in so they could kill him. In response, Samson tore the gigantic main gate of city off it's f-ing hinges and hauled it off. That was probably lucky for the Philistines. If he was really trapped, the whole city would be dead by sunup.

Edit: Correction, he took the hinges, too.

And Samson lay low till midnight; then he arose at midnight, took hold of the doors of the gate of the city and the two gateposts, pulled them up, bar and all, put them on his shoulders, and carried them to the top of the hill that faces Hebron.

carbonbased
11-28-2007, 10:46 AM
There's an unmentioned Sampson one I think was worthy of mention, though. One night, when Sampson was in a Philistine city, the guards locked the gates to trap him in so they could kill him. In response, Sampson tore the gigantic main gate of city off it's f-ing hinges and hauled it off. That was probably lucky for the Philistines. If he was really trapped, the whole city would be dead by sunup.

Yes... Sampson, the christian suicide bomber. In his death he killed more enemies than in life. That one is a bit hard to digest. My grandmother couldn't explain it to me (as she could with alot of other things in the Bible).

darin
11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
He wasn't a suicide bomber - he killed a bunch of evil people. killing Evil people is okay.

Hagbard Celine
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Moved to 'Humor' because we don't have a 'Mocking' forum.

Sorry, I didn't mean to mock, I just thought it was an entertaining article and figured ya'll would get a kick out of it. I almost put it in the humor forum myself but I figured since the verses were legit it should go in religion/ethics. :dunno: I also meant for this to be an offshoot of the "most misinterpreted Bible verses" thread.

Hagbard Celine
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Yes... Sampson, the christian suicide bomber. In his death he killed more enemies than in life. That one is a bit hard to digest. My grandmother couldn't explain it to me (as she could with alot of other things in the Bible).

C'mon now. Don't get all heavy.

carbonbased
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
He wasn't a suicide bomber - he killed a bunch of evil people. killing Evil people is okay.

The method would matter IMO.

Perhaps enough for a new thread this one? (Not in the humor section)

Monkeybone
11-28-2007, 11:01 AM
anh, see Sampson killed his captors. not some kids or elderly ppl in a bus or pet market. these ppl blinded and tortured him.

carbonbased
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Discussion here?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=160826