PDA

View Full Version : broken christmas decoration

Trigg
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I have an advent tree that is probably 10 years old. My 5 year old broke it last night while I was out and by the time I got home he was already asleep. My husband told him he had to explain what happened to the tree.

We're now home from school and I sat him down and asked about it. He said it was an accident...to which I asked "did dad tell you not to touch it?"......"yes"......"did you touch it anyway?"......."yes".........."why did you touch it after you were told not to?".

His answer to that one was......"I couldn't control myself"

Cute answer, but he still got lectured.....I'm wondering if it took him long to think that one up.

mrg666
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
my kids would have just cried a little then said a sniffled sorry it wont happen again , untill the next ,time, time, time lol.

glockmail
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
The newest thing these days is if a kid says something wrong and you point it out to them, they respond by saying "Oh, just kidding". The public school system has worked very hard to teach kids not to accept responsibility for their words and actions.

Trinity
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
The newest thing these days is if a kid says something wrong and you point it out to them, they respond by saying "Oh, just kidding". The public school system has worked very hard to teach kids not to accept responsibility for their words and actions.

I think you may be correct on that one.......although I had quite the experience at my youngest child's parent teacher conference.

He is in the third grade, and I met with his teacher and reading teacher about a month ago, they had told me he had a couple of read and response questions that he did not have me sign. He told them that I forgot to sign them.

I then told them that no I did not forget, he did not bring it to me to sign. I also told them that it is his responsibility, not mine, to make sure his homework is finished before it is due.

I thought both teachers were going to fall out of their chairs. They looked at me with open mouths and said can we get that on video? I was confused, I was like get what? They said what you just said about it not being your responsibility. I looked at them and said why? They told me you would be surprised by how many parents come in here and tell us it is their fault their child did not get their home work done.

They then told me I needed to join the PTO.

Trinity
11-28-2007, 12:00 PM
I have an advent tree that is probably 10 years old. My 5 year old broke it last night while I was out and by the time I got home he was already asleep. My husband told him he had to explain what happened to the tree.

We're now home from school and I sat him down and asked about it. He said it was an accident...to which I asked "did dad tell you not to touch it?"......"yes"......"did you touch it anyway?"......."yes".........."why did you touch it after you were told not to?".

Cute answer, but he still got lectured.....I'm wondering if it took him long to think that one up.

That sounds like something my 9 year old would say.

Monkeybone
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM

Beat the Hellspawn! or stick him in the garage for a day or two :laugh2:

Trigg
11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
That sounds like something my 9 year old would say.

He has older siblings. I asked him to pick things up off the floor the other day and his response was...."mom, I'm just a little boy."

I'm mean though....made him to it anyway.

glockmail
11-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I think you may be correct on that one.......although I had quite the experience at my youngest child's parent teacher conference.

He is in the third grade, and I met with his teacher and reading teacher about a month ago, they had told me he had a couple of read and response questions that he did not have me sign. He told them that I forgot to sign them.

I then told them that no I did not forget, he did not bring it to me to sign. I also told them that it is his responsibility, not mine, to make sure his homework is finished before it is due.

I thought both teachers were going to fall out of their chairs. They looked at me with open mouths and said can we get that on video? I was confused, I was like get what? They said what you just said about it not being your responsibility. I looked at them and said why? They told me you would be surprised by how many parents come in here and tell us it is their fault their child did not get their home work done.

They then told me I needed to join the PTO.

My saying around here- it has caught on with my kids- is "you need to show some personal responsibility. We're not raising Democrats here!". :laugh2:

Trigg
11-28-2007, 12:09 PM

He knows he can't get away with an answer like that..or the one he gave me, which is why he got the lecture.

Funny you should mention the "just kidding" my daughter came up with that one not to long ago. My answer: I'm not laughing, and no you weren't kidding........and up the stairs to her room she went.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
My saying around here- it has caught on with my kids- is "you need to show some personal responsibility. We're not raising Democrats here!". :laugh2:

:clap: :laugh2:

Trigg
11-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Beat the Hellspawn! or stick him in the garage for a day or two :laugh2:

you and nuke need to lay off the :cheers2: while at work:laugh2:

Monkeybone
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
you and nuke need to lay off the :cheers2: while at work:laugh2:

only thing that makes the day bearable sometimes. otherwise you end up strangling someone

Trinity
11-28-2007, 01:10 PM
He has older siblings. I asked him to pick things up off the floor the other day and his response was...."mom, I'm just a little boy."

I'm mean though....made him to it anyway.

wow I'm just a little boy huh.....yeah I would have made mine do it to.:laugh2:

Trinity
11-28-2007, 01:11 PM

:laugh2: that was funny!

glockmail
11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
:laugh2: that was funny! Funny because they know I mean it. The glockster voting block!

Nukeman
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
you and nuke need to lay off the :cheers2: while at work:laugh2:Hey like Monkey said, sometimes its all that makes the day bareable:cheers2::slap:

Trigg
11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Funny because they know I mean it. The glockster voting block!

:laugh2: