PDA

View Full Version : Are Men More Vain Than Women?

Abbey Marie
01-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Now that's a lot of toupees!

Are Men More Vain Than Women?
Posted by David Zinczenko
on Mon, Jan 08, 2007, 3:22 pm PST

The Unspoken Man Code has many rules. Next pitcher's on us. No crying at any movies rated PG or lower. Eyes forward at the urinal at all times. Another: Never admit you're worried about how you look.

It's doubtful that you'll hear many men ask anybody how they look in their jeans, or if their back hair is getting too Konglike, or if that flabby jiggle hanging over the belts is something they should be concerned about. While it may be common for women to articulate their bodily insecurities (in hopes that men will dismiss them, perhaps), men rarely say anything about theirs. That's because they're afraid that women will label them as too vain, too weak, too metro, too feminine, too devoid of the confidence they want and expect in a man.

But the truth is that men care almost as much about their appearance as Lindsay Lohan cares about New Year's Eve. The survey I did for my book Men, Love & Sex showed that 9 in 10 men aren't satisfied with their appearance -- and that they'd jump at the chance at changing one particular part of their body if they could. Consider these truths about men and their appearance -- and then ask yourself, Who's really more vain, women...or men?

Women may buy more shoes, but men drop the big bucks. When asked how much he'd pay for rock-hard abs (if it was only that easy), the average guy would invest $5,000 of his own money in himself. For movie-star looks in general, he'd drop $17,600. The scary fact: Although more women actually pay for cosmetic enhancements, men who seek medical help for their appearance are twice as likely to opt for an invasive cosmetic procedure like liposuction rather than a non-invasive appearance boost.

Men care more about their boobs than you do. Check this out: Only 34 percent of women surveyed said they'd want bigger breasts, but 38 percent of men said they'd want larger pectoral muscles. (If you were wondering, the circumference of the average man's chest is two inches larger than that of a woman's.) Men either have the pecs that are strong enough to break knuckles, or we're subjected to the ubiquitous man-boob barbs. And that hurts. Beating pecs as the top male body issue by the tiniest of jiggles: Just over 40 percent of guys say the gut is the No. 1 body part they'd like to change.

$1.1 billion can buy a lot of hair gel. One of a man's biggest frets comes when he looks down the shower drain and says goodbye to the mane that defines his manhood. American men spend more than $300 million on toupees annually. And $800 million on hair transplants (up to $20,000 for each procedure, which is performed on more than 24,000 men annually-and just 7,000 women).

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/12279/are-men-more-vain-than-women

Mr. P
01-09-2007, 03:08 PM
That's because they're afraid that women will label them as too vain, too weak, too metro, too feminine, too devoid of the confidence they want and expect in a man. Nope, it's cuz we don't give a shit! Cept the gay guys.:wink2:

Abbey Marie
01-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Nope, it's cuz we don't give a shit! Cept the gay guys.:wink2:

I dunno Mr. P. The numbers seem to say otherwise. :wink2:

Dilloduck
01-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I dunno Mr. P. The numbers seem to say otherwise. :wink2:

They're rigged

Abbey Marie
01-09-2007, 03:11 PM
They're rigged

:laugh:

Mr. P
01-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Women may buy more shoes, but men drop the big bucks. When asked how much he'd pay for rock-hard abs (if it was only that easy), the average guy would invest $5,000 of his own money in himself. For movie-star looks in general, he'd drop $17,600. The scary fact: Although more women actually pay for cosmetic enhancements, men who seek medical help for their appearance are twice as likely to opt for an invasive cosmetic procedure like liposuction rather than a non-invasive appearance boost.

Men care more about their boobs than you do. Check this out: Only 34 percent of women surveyed said they'd want bigger breasts, but 38 percent of men said they'd want larger pectoral muscles. (If you were wondering, the circumference of the average man's chest is two inches larger than that of a woman's.) Men either have the pecs that are strong enough to break knuckles, or we're subjected to the ubiquitous man-boob barbs. And that hurts. Beating pecs as the top male body issue by the tiniest of jiggles: Just over 40 percent of guys say the gut is the No. 1 body part they'd like to change.

$1.1 billion can buy a lot of hair gel. One of a man's biggest frets comes when he looks down the shower drain and says goodbye to the mane that defines his manhood. American men spend more than $300 million on toupees annually. And $800 million on hair transplants (up to $20,000 for each procedure, which is performed on more than 24,000 men annually-and just 7,000 women).

There ya go..they went to a gym and asked a bunch of gay guys these questions.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Insein
01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
They polled San Francisco and New York.

Dilloduck
01-09-2007, 03:17 PM
They polled San Francisco and New York.

:lol:

jackass
01-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Nope, it's cuz we don't give a shit! Cept the gay guys.:wink2:
I wouldnt say its that we dont give a shit...we are just easier to be happy the way that we are. Lets look and see who actually does spend more on surgeries...men or women??

Mr. P
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I wouldnt say its that we dont give a shit...we are just easier to be happy the way that we are. Lets look and see who actually does spend more on surgeries...men or women??

We care, yes. What I mean is unlike women, we don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. Now folks use common sense...of course we know you must present an image in some areas of life. Men dress for success, not approval of their matching shoes, overall...we say pffffffffffttt.

Men are ok in how they look. Women are not, and need someone else to tell them they look ok. The age old 'does this dress make me look fat' question comes to mind.

I'm leaving now for a 2 week spa vacation. :)

jackass
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
We care, yes. What I mean is unlike women, we don't give a shit what anyone else thinks.
I'm leaving now for a 2 week spa vacation. :)
Agreed. :beer:

Now have a hell of a time..and post some pics when you get back. Enjoy!

Mr. P
01-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Agreed. :beer:

Now have a hell of a time..and post some pics when you get back. Enjoy!

NO PICs...the Victoria Secret girls are under contract for that, can't take pics, just can't. :D

Gaffer
01-09-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm bald, which means I can wash my head with a wash cloth.

I'm toothless so I don't have to brush my teeth everyday.

I wear what is comfortable, so don't worry about fashion.

No vanity here. I don't give a shit. If someone doesn't like it they can stay away from me.

I also don't like parties, large crowds, social events, or muslims.