PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Flatly Asserts He Opposed War at Start

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Bill Clinton Flatly Asserts He Opposed War at Start

By PATRICK HEALY
Published: November 28, 2007

During a campaign swing for his wife, former President Bill Clinton said flatly yesterday that he opposed the war in Iraq “from the beginning” — a statement that is more absolute than his comments before the invasion in March 2003.

Before the invasion, Mr. Clinton did not precisely declare that he opposed the war. A week before military action began, however, he did say that he preferred to give weapons inspections more time and that an invasion was not necessary to topple Saddam Hussein.

At the same time, he also spoke supportively about the 2002 Senate resolution that authorized military action against Iraq.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/us/politics/28clinton.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Could somebody please answer one question for me?

WHO THE FUCK IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT HERE... HILLARY OR BILL?!

Why is this impeached moron plastered all over every news paper and webpage?

darin
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Clintons are blatant, unabashed political opportunists.

hjmick
11-28-2007, 04:53 PM

You poor politcally correct soul, they are not "political opportunists," they are political whores.

Hobbit
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
You poor politcally correct soul, they are not "political opportunists," they are political whores.

They are Democrats in the classical, derogatory sense. That is, politicians who go whichever way the wind blows and always give in to the mob.

typomaniac
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM

Why do you need to ask? You're the one contributing to the posting. :poke:

glockmail
11-28-2007, 05:03 PM

The NYT sanitized this as much as they could: "a statement that is more absolute than his comments before the invasion in March 2003". But Rush lead with this today, with Bill-Bob's actual quotes from today and 2003, proving that his latest comments are a complete bald-faced lie.

hjmick
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
The NYT sanitized this as much as they could: "a statement that is more absolute than his comments before the invasion in March 2003". But Rush lead with this today, with Bill-Bob's actual quotes from today and 2003, proving that his latest comments are a complete bald-faced lie.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Maybe it depends on what your definition of "support" is...

11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Hill Billy is running.

The fact that he blatantly lies about it despite writing an op ed supporting the war is downright amazing.

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Hill Billy is running.

The fact that he blatantly lies about it despite writing an op ed supporting the war is downright amazing.

Exactly. "They," meaning bubba and hitlery have sat down and calculated that if hitlery isn't enough by herself, "they" will start throwing bubba out there to let the clinton lovers know that a vote for hitlery will be the same as a vote for bubba.

These two filthy, opportunist sons a bitches are the SEEDIEST THINGS I can think of that's EVER hit politics. They're just disgusting to point of making me ill.

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Why do you need to ask? You're the one contributing to the posting.

To point out their filthy lying, hypocritical ways. Why did you need to ask? :poke:

typomaniac
11-28-2007, 08:00 PM
To point out their filthy lying, hypocritical ways. Why did you need to ask? :poke:

In 1992, Hillary made no bones about wanting to be as politically influential as she could. I don't suppose Bill would feel any differently now.

That's why I asked: because it hardly seems like such a huge surprise.

Not that it has anything to do with their lies or hyprocrisies...... :slap:

trobinett
11-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Acutally, everytime Bill opens his pie hole, he cost Hilary votes.

Keep talking Bill...........:lol:

Kathianne
11-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey, even Oliver Willis can't take this shit and he is as liberal as they come. Lots of links:

http://www.oliverwillis.com/archives/2007/11/27/president-clinton-didnt-oppose/

President Clinton Didn't Oppose The Iraq War
By Oliver Willis on November 27, 2007 11:43 PM

UPDATE: Those of you visiting via Andrew Sullivan and other conservative blogs should know that I think Sullivan is full of crap and that President Clinton is one of the nation's greatest presidents, I just happen to disagree with him on this.

bill clinton in iowaAs one of President Clinton's strongest supporters and biggest fans, it pains me to point out that what he's saying here is a load of bull.

During a campaign swing for his wife, former President Bill Clinton said flatly yesterday that he opposed the war in Iraq “from the beginning” — a statement that is more absolute than his comments before the invasion in March 2003.

That's just not true. I don't think its right to put President Clinton in the role of war supporter, but if he was against the war only he and Sen. Clinton know for sure because he didn't say a thing about it. Maybe, as the article goes on, he was silent due to presidential protocol or to not overshadow Sen. Clinton's vote and subsequent statements, but President Clinton was noticeably silent as the nation went to war in 2003.

You can easily compare his silence to that of his vice-president, Al Gore, who was vocally and clearly opposed to the war from day one. I wondered at the time - and I still do - why President Clinton sat on his hands when he easily would have had a national platform to nullify Bush's war policy.

There is no public record of any sort to support President Clinton's assertion that he "opposed Iraq from the beginning". That just didn't happen.

glockmail
11-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Acutally, everytime Bill opens his pie hole, he cost Hilary votes.

Keep talking Bill...........:lol: Same with Hill. Hillary for the Dem Nom!!!! :lol:

manu1959
11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
....this from the same man that didn't know a blow job was sex......

Pale Rider
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
....this from the same man that didn't know a blow job was sex......

... or wasn't sure what the definition of IS is...

manu1959
11-29-2007, 12:43 PM
... or wasn't sure what the definition of IS is...

really .... talk about stupid ..... you know i think the dems are just too dumb to know how dumb they are ......

typomaniac
11-29-2007, 12:50 PM
really .... talk about stupid ..... you know i think the dems are just too dumb to know how dumb they are ......
As opposed to the unelected genius in the Oval Office now? :lol:

manu1959
11-29-2007, 12:52 PM
As opposed to the unelected genius in the Oval Office now? :lol:

this coming from a guy that can't figure out how an "unelected" guy got elected twice....

how dumb must you all be to get get beat twice by a guy you all claim is a moron....

typomaniac
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
this coming from a guy that can't figure out how an "unelected" guy got elected twice....

I can figure it out just fine, thank you very much. I'm just not rich enough to turn it into a court fight.

manu1959
11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I can figure it out just fine, thank you very much. I'm just not rich enough to turn it into a court fight.

the gang of four have lots of money what is stoping them?

11-29-2007, 01:49 PM

it wouldnt have been a court fight if Al Gore hadnt challenged the results of the several counts that gave Florida to Bush. Gore brought it to court because he had hopes to manufacture votes in democrat districts.

The idea that Bush is somehow unelected when he never lost a single count in Florida, even the ones done according to Al Gores standard afterwards is just evidence of being in denial.

typomaniac
11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
it wouldnt have been a court fight if Al Gore hadnt challenged the results of the several counts that gave Florida to Bush. Gore brought it to court because he had hopes to manufacture votes in democrat districts.

The idea that Bush is somehow unelected when he never lost a single count in Florida, even the ones done according to Al Gores standard afterwards is just evidence of being in denial.
The Florida Supreme Court disagrees with you.

11-29-2007, 07:34 PM
The Florida Supreme Court disagrees with you.

When did the Florida Supreme Court count the vote?

(Seriously I cant believe there are still people arguing that Bush didn't win in 2000)

typomaniac
11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
When did the Florida Supreme Court count the vote?When did you? :lame2:

(Seriously I cant believe there are still people arguing that Bush didn't win in 2000)
Why not? People are still arguing that Clinton should have been thrown out of office over Monica/Paula/pick-your-reason.

Yurt
11-30-2007, 12:05 AM

You know the answer Pale. Without He-Hor, we wouldn't even be talking about her. I don't judge their private lives, but is interesting all the times (that we KNOW of) slippery billy played He-Hor and she stood by "her" man.

Yurt
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
When did you? :lame2:

psssssssssst......... your "point" negates your own "point" :lame2:

typomaniac
11-30-2007, 12:43 AM

You seem to be lost. Please stop at the nearest filling station for directions before returning to the thread. Thank you.

Yurt
11-30-2007, 01:19 AM
You seem to be lost. Please stop at the nearest filling station for directions before returning to the thread. Thank you.

typomaniac
12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
I KNEW it. "Yurt" is just a bot that's trying to spam DP. :lol:

Yurt
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I KNEW it. "Yurt" is just a bot that's trying to spam DP. :lol:

you actually consider that an educated response :poke:

mrg666
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM

??? ex president

Psychoblues
12-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Because he is far smarter, a better musician and probably even a better hog rider than you ever imagined, pr.

Besides all that, he would have certainly kicked gwb's ass in 2000 if it were legal to do so. But, now we have Hillary. What a breath of fresh air and a break from the crooks and thieves tha tare now running things in this country?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Oh, by the way,,,,,Do you have any links or quotes where he ever supported the War On Iraq?

Also, by the way, don't you agree that if Bill Clinton would have been given support by the then sitting republicans for his actions against Osama Bin Laden during his tenure as United States President that possibly 9/11 would have never happened? And I'm not even mentioning the warning that he gave to gwb as he handed over the reins of the American machine.

Americans are far smarter than you give them credit for, pr.

trobinett
12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Because he is far smarter, a better musician and probably even a better hog rider than you ever imagined, pr.

And your sorry ass knows this how?

Besides all that, he would have certainly kicked gwb's ass in 2000 if it were legal to do so. But, now we have Hillary. What a breath of fresh air and a break from the crooks and thieves tha tare now running things in this country?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Hillary is a breath of fresh air, yea right, like a fart, a really RICH fart, try again Psyco.:slap:

Oh, by the way,,,,,Do you have any links or quotes where he ever supported the War On Iraq?

You really are lame huh?

Do you need directions to get home at night, or do you really ever leave the house?

Also, by the way, don't you agree that if Bill Clinton would have been given support by the then sitting republicans for his actions against Osama Bin Laden during his tenure as United States President that possibly 9/11 would have never happened?

No.

And I'm not even mentioning the warning that he gave to gwb as he handed over the reins of the American machine.

You really are delusional.:laugh2:

Americans are far smarter than you give them credit for, pr.

Most, but not all, your the poster boy for dumbed downed Americans, enjoy your time in the spot light.:fu: