PDA

View Full Version : youtube debate tonight

11-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Anyone planning to watch it? I might have to check out a replay but im curious how the Republicans will do tonight.

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Anyone planning to watch it? I might have to check out a replay but im curious how the Republicans will do tonight.

Yup, I am. It's on here in a little over an hour.

I can't figure out why they keep doing this youtube shit though. I think it's a joke.

11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Yup, I am. It's on here in a little over an hour.

I can't figure out why they keep doing this youtube shit though. I think it's a joke.

i agree. i would have much rather prefered a real debate. but atleast it gives us another opportunity to view the candidates and listen to their views. and who knows maybe the videos will give some challenging questions to the men.

For some reason i think the polls afterward are going to show Ron Paul winning again. I dont know who the real winner will be though.

Mr. P
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM

From what I remember about the last 'youtube' debate....it was sorta a joke as far as real debates wasn't it? A waste of time?

11-28-2007, 06:59 PM
From what I remember about the last 'youtube' debate....it was sorta a joke as far as real debates wasn't it? A waste of time?

yeah, but then the last one involved Democrats. So maybe this one will be different.

Hobbit
11-28-2007, 07:16 PM
yeah, but then the last one involved Democrats. So maybe this one will be different.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=758&stc=1&d=1196295381

chesswarsnow
11-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I am on it now.
2. Missed part of it.
3. I got the part where Ron Paul sounded like the second coming of Ross Perot.

Regards,
SirJAmesofTexas

JackDaniels
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I am on it now.
2. Missed part of it.
3. I got the part where Ron Paul sounded like the second coming of Ross Perot.

Regards,
SirJAmesofTexas

You understand that Ron Paul is in favor of free trade, right?

chesswarsnow
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sounded like he was complaining about the *SUPER HIGHWAY*.
2. Great sucking sound.
3. Of land being taken from farmers etc to build the mile wide freeway.
4. From Mexico to Canada.
5. Maybe it there's no off ramps, we can send all the illegals to Canada???:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
11-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I think ron paul could just stand there and look at the camera and he'd still win the debate because of the voters. They should try that sometime just to verify their poll.

JohnDoe
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
I am watching it and I think the you tube questions and their answers are fairly decent this time, it is not a joke at all...at least this time it isn't! Didn't watch the last you tube debate

chesswarsnow
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This dumb yellow line and blue line is stupid, in my judgement.
2. And they are trying to tell you something.:coffee:
3. They're saying, "These two colorful lines are more important that what these Republicans are saying".
4. *Typical Neo~Liberal Media Mind Control*.
5. Seems like they always have these lines through their eyes, should be a signal to you.
6. You didn't notice did you, thats why ( I ), *THE GREAT CWN* am here.

Regards,
SirJAmesofTexas

retiredman
11-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This dumb yellow line and blue line is stupid, in my judgement.
2. And they are trying to tell you something.:coffee:
3. They're saying, "These two colorful lines are more important that what these Republicans are saying".
4. *Typical Neo~Liberal Media Mind Control*.
5. Seems like they always have these lines through their eyes, should be a signal to you.
6. You didn't notice did you, thats why ( I ), *THE GREAT CWN* am here.

Regards,
SirJAmesofTexas

newsflash: if you watched it on CNN instead of Headline News, you wouldn't see the blue and yellow lines.

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 10:09 PM
OK...OK... I have HEARD ENOUGH from this lisping asswipe giuliani.... FOR CRYING OUT LOUD... NEW YORK CITY... NEW YORK CITY... NEW YORK CITY... NEW YORK CITY...

... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Oddly... I really like Romney. Always like Tancredo, except I didn't know he doesn't support the NASA, not good, and Hunter. Those are your three good Republican candidates.

11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
is there a replay time? ive been looking through the tv information and cant find information. i was hoping to see it too.

Pale, side question for you. It seems like every once and a while you really like Romney and really dont like him. im just curious whats up with that.

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
is there a replay time? ive been looking through the tv information and cant find information. i was hoping to see it too.

Pale, side question for you. It seems like every once and a while you really like Romney and really dont like him. im just curious whats up with that.

I think I get a false sense of who he is through the media, then there's a debate and I get to listen to him first hand. I wasn't real sure he answered questions in the first two debates I saw him in to my liking. But this time, he did a great job. I thought he did the best job of anybody tonight. Straight forward, and gave very conservative answers, on immigration, the war in Iraq, taxes, spending, etc.. Right now, I'd vote for him.

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 10:28 PM
And to the retired Army General that was a FAGGOT, that wanted to know if any of the candidates would allow FAGS to openly serve in the military, I have just one thing to say....

SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU IGNORANT FUCKING FAGGOT!!!

stephanie
11-28-2007, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=Pale Rider;161318]And to the retired Army General that was a FAGGOT, that wanted to know if any of the candidates would allow FAGS to openly serve in the military, I have just one thing to say....QUOTE]

Well now...how convenient General Kerr just happened to be in the audience..

Look what I found..the whole list is on her website..
Clinton Campaign Announces Launch Of LGBT Americans For Hillary Steering Committee
The list also includes prominent LGBT activists who have been leaders on issues important to the community, including three retired members of the military who have worked to overturn the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy,

Keith Kerr, retired Colonel., U.S. Army; retired Brigadier General, California National Reserve

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/release/view/?id=2196

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE]

Well now...how convenient General Kerr just happened to be in the audience..

Look what I found..the whole list is on her website..
Clinton Campaign Announces Launch Of LGBT Americans For Hillary Steering Committee
The list also includes prominent LGBT activists who have been leaders on issues important to the community, including three retired members of the military who have worked to overturn the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy,

Keith Kerr, retired Colonel., U.S. Army; retired Brigadier General, California National Reserve

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/release/view/?id=2196

I thought the debate as a whole was a good one. But as the time grew near the end, CNN just COULDN'T resist throwing out a few screwed up questions, including planting the FAGGOT General in the audience to ask his FUCK UP question. Had I been there, you'd have heard one very loud voice say, "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN."

stephanie
11-28-2007, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=Stephanie;161328]

I thought the debate as a whole was a good one. But as the time grew near the end, CNN just COULDN'T resist throwing out a few screwed up questions, including planting the FAGGOT General in the audience to ask his FUCK UP question. Had I been there, you'd have heard one very loud voice say, "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN."

some of the questions were good..
a lot of the video were a REAL JOKE...Cheney, the guy holding up the bible..the confederate flag..

I'm not sure...I think quite a few of the questions were trying to mock the conservative values..

anyone else..thoughts??

Pale Rider
11-28-2007, 11:36 PM
some of the questions were good..
a lot of the video were a REAL JOKE...Cheney, the guy holding up the bible..the confederate flag..

I'm not sure...I think quite a few of the questions were trying to mock the conservative values..

anyone else..thoughts??

No you're right, and those questions came later. Those questions were stupid, just like the pin headed faggot general.

Had I been asked about the Confederate flag, I'd have said it's the southern battle flag of the Confederate States of America. It's has a very deep historical value and is part of America. So what.

As far as the Bible question, that was just plain stupid, but I thought the guys answered it real well.

Kathianne
11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Gay Military guy, all I'm giving here, CNN needs to do better:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MzJjY2E1YzA5MmU4YjRiZWJiNGM3OGQ4YjE5Mjg3NTY=

Hillary Gets a Question [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

From a reader:

That General who just asked about Don't Ask, Don't Tell is a member of Hillary Clinton's Gay Steering Committee.

Doesn't CNN bother to even google these people?

11/28 10:00 PM

http://patterico.com/2007/11/28/memo-to-cnn-how-to-run-a-fair-debate/

http://instapundit.com/archives2/012295.php

November 28, 2007

READER DAVID RICE EMAILS:

I'm hardly one of McCain's people. Before tonight, I could only vote for McCain, Ron Paul, or Mike Huckabee. But tonight, it was clear to me that McCain impressed the most.

And of course, the most dynamic moment tonight was the homosexual 40 year veteran asking whether gays in the military should be condoned by the Republican candidate.

Dynamic, yes. But also a planted question, it appears. Once again, CNN demonstrates an inexplicable failure to background-check pro-Hillary questioners.

UPDATE: Some advice for CNN.

ANOTHER UPDATE: It's not just Hillary: "Oh, my tireless colleague Avi Zenilman back at Politico World HQ does an insta-search on Kerr and discovers he was on the Steering Committee of 'Veterans for Kerry.'"

This -- like the Hillary connection -- doesn't undercut the question. (I'm in favor of gays in the military). But it does make CNN look bad for failing to disclose easily-available information about this guy.

MORE: An on-air apology from Anderson Cooper, saying that CNN didn't know that Gen. Kerr was on Hillary's steering committee: "If we had known that we would have disclosed it before using the question, if we used the question at all."

Suckered by Hillary, again. Try Google, next time. It's not that hard!
posted at 10:48 PM by Glenn Reynolds

and a Kerry angle:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1107/A_powerful_moment.html'

November 28, 2007
Read More: Debate

A powerful moment

A retired Army general, Keith Kerr, just listed all his military credentials and then left the crowd silent by saying at the end of his video that he is "an openly gay man" and wants to know why gays can't serve in the military.

Romney was hit by Anderson Cooper with a past statement (imagine that) saying that he "look[ed] forward" to the day gays could serve. Pressed hard by Cooper about whether he had changed his mind, Romney plainly looked displeased. "This isn’t that time," Romney first said, noting the national security threats. He said the "don't ask, don't tell" policy "seems to have worked" and, toward the end, even drew some boos (it was tough to discern exactly why).

Kerr, present in the audience, was then introduced by Cooper and said he didn't feel as though he got an answer. Explaining why, he got his own boos (partially snuffed by some shushing).

It all made for some feet-shuffling and floor-staring among the gathered Republicans.

Oh, my tireless colleague Avi Zenilman back at Politico World HQ does an insta-search on Kerr and discovers he was on the Steering Committee of "Veterans for Kerry."

Guess the GOP is not as good as DNC at stacking the ringers.

JohnDoe
11-29-2007, 12:08 AM

Yes Avatar, it is on now, it is midnight EST on CNN.

11-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Been watching it a bit. im quite disappointed with a number of them.

What the heck was with Thompson and his ad?? I mean i understand contrasting your record with the other candidates but dont you usually have to show your own record? I mean simply attacking Romney and Huckabee doesnt necessarily make people vote for you. it just doesnt make any sense and didnt seem a wise idea. And Romney totally ripped him up afterwards.

And then Thompson didn't answer the question on what programs he would cut. Ron Paul atleast answered.

Huckabee seems a bit petty tonight. He totally fumbled the providing illegals with in-state tuition. He seemed a bit ticked at some points too.

Guiliani was avoiding questions too. I mean i know what he did in New York but that doesnt mean you keep going to that every time you get a question you dont like.

I like Tancredo's ad.

I still think Ron Paul is nuts but atleast he seems straightforward.

I think Mitt came off extremely will so far.

I still think this format really sucks though.

Roadhouse158
11-29-2007, 07:00 AM
I love the undecided registered republican woman at the university. She decided, because of last nights debate, that she was supporting John Edwards....????? Huh....She said it was because all the republicans on stage were making promises they wouldn't keep.....hmmm....Huckabee was a very popular Gov. of Ark winning the national gov. award, Rudy turned NYC around, Romney did a good job in MA.....She thinks they are lying about what they are going to do huh....They are making promises they can't keep.....Dumb....Yet she believes Edwards will end poverty in America....HA....how....by shipping all poor people to another country....That she believes...What a nimwit.....With that logic anyhow.

Roadrunner
11-29-2007, 07:38 AM
From a post above: "If we had known that we would have disclosed it before using the question, if we used the question at all."

Isn't this a trick right out of the Clinton playbook? Spring your "surprise", and if you get caught, say you didn't know a thing about it in advance. So-so-so familiar........

11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I love the undecided registered republican woman at the university. She decided, because of last nights debate, that she was supporting John Edwards....????? Huh....She said it was because all the republicans on stage were making promises they wouldn't keep.....hmmm....Huckabee was a very popular Gov. of Ark winning the national gov. award, Rudy turned NYC around, Romney did a good job in MA.....She thinks they are lying about what they are going to do huh....They are making promises they can't keep.....Dumb....Yet she believes Edwards will end poverty in America....HA....how....by shipping all poor people to another country....That she believes...What a nimwit.....With that logic anyhow.

i know. something smelled funny with that one. I was just like... i have a hard time believing these are undecided Republicans.