PDA

View Full Version : My sister's cat

Sitarro
11-29-2007, 04:07 AM
My brother has had his new D300 for almost a week now so he is trying to play as much as possible. He was at my sister's house and took a shot of her cat. I took that shot and cropped it down to just the head instead of the full body shot in the original. I also did some work on the eyes to take out the reflection. This is Sammy.........

The original shot was a raw capture that was 36 megapixels.

darin
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
part siamese? Pretty! Very sharp, crisp.

Sitarro
11-29-2007, 11:24 AM
He's a mutt but has a lot of the characteristics of a Ragdoll or Himalayan. He does talk a lot like a Siamese. He is real hard to shoot because he has those beautiful blue eyes with the pupils that get huge and red when he's pissed or scared and he always seems pissed or scared when a camera is present.

Jon
11-29-2007, 11:51 AM
My brother has had his new D300 for almost a week now so he is trying to play as much as possible. He was at my sister's house and took a shot of her cat. I took that shot and cropped it down to just the head instead of the full body shot in the original. I also did some work on the eyes to take out the reflection. This is Sammy.........

The original shot was a raw capture that was 36 megapixels.

Very sharp! 36 megapixels? Perhaps you meant 36 megabytes? ;)

Is that a straight 100% crop, or is it downsampled?

How is the new AF? The new AF is one of the biggest reasons I considered switching when my 20D failed.

I need details. :D

Abbey Marie
11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Great pic, Sitarro. Every whisker is defined. Btw, beautiful cat!

Sitarro
11-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Very sharp! 36 megapixels? Perhaps you meant 36 megabytes? ;)

Is that a straight 100% crop, or is it downsampled?

How is the new AF? The new AF is one of the biggest reasons I considered switching when my 20D failed.

I need details. :D

Yes it is megabytes and I used the cropping tool in Photoshop to go from the original email image he sent me, down to just his head. I haven't seen any of the actual images.

I haven't even seen the camera yet, he bought it last Thursday and he has been flying since except Thanksgiving Day when he shot the cat...... I was working. I'm sure he used the AF for this shot.

Sitarro
11-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Great pic, Sitarro. Every whisker is defined. Btw, beautiful cat!

I'll tell my brother you complimented his work. Sammy is a beautiful cat, he actually has long silky fur that is hard to see in this shot. My sister had his front paw's claws taken out as a baby but he still tears me up when I wrestle with him. He grabs me with his front paws and rakes his rear claws across any exposed skin and if he gets mad enough bites the crap out of me. I always leave her house bleeding.