PDA

View Full Version : Blogtalk: CNN Debate Under Fire

stephanie
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM
They've now uncovered five plants in the people asking questions...I told you yesterday I thought the questions were as if they mocking conservatives...well it seems I wasn't the only one thinking this..
This was pretty low, even for Cnn...

By Kate Phillips and Ariel Alexovich

Whew. CNN had barely been confronted by the disclosure last night that one of the video questioners — (the gay retired general) — served on two of Hillary Clinton’s committees before computer keyboards from one coast to another began sounding off heatedly.
And the critics — we’ll focus here on the right-leaning members of the online community — keep on posting. From high-profile to smaller sites, bloggers are fanning the fire, not simply irritated by the affiliations of Gen. Keith Kerr. (The Clinton camp said it had nothing to do with the general’s video.) In addition, a few of the other videos were submitted by supporters of Democratic candidates.
And some Republican activists and bloggers list broader complaints about the CNN/YouTube debate, denouncing the video topics chosen from the 5,000 or so submissions. Some bloggers slammed CNN for seeming to reduce Republicans to guns, gays, the Bible, and oh yeah, the Confederate flag. (We actually questioned the latter one last night — what was that about?) And just to note, some members of this site’s Open Caucus, a roundtable of voters from across the country, expressed their disappointment, too, that such hot-button incendiary questions were posed while major issues like health care, education, energy and Iran, etc., were not asked of the candidates.From Robert Bluey this morning:
At a time when CNN had an opportunity to shine as host of last night’s Republican presidential debate, the network faltered. Today conservatives are left with yet another example of bias at the highest level of the media establishment. It’s another sad example of how liberals deliberately portray conservatives as gun-toting, Bible-thumping and gay-bashing bigots.
I had high hopes for CNN in its role of selecting questions for last night’s debate. The network had nearly 5,000 to choose from — plenty to get a good representation of a variety of issues. Instead, we heard three questions about guns, a topic of significance to the GOP, but was it really that important to ask three different questions? There was also a question attacking trade, another about the North American Union, a silly question about The Holy Bible and two each on abortion (here and here) and homosexuality (here and here). By the time Anderson Cooper got around to introducing a question about the Confederate flag, I was flabbergasted.

read the rest and comments..
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/blogtalk-cnn-debate-under-fire/

Gaffer
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Didn't see it, but I read lots of comments about it. Sounds like the clinton news network did their usual shitty job of presenting a debate. Not actually a debate, a question and answer forum starring the GOP nominees and the liberal moonbats. Nothing really there to watch.