3. Tell DP your story here.
4. I have.

:popcorn:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

manu1959
11-30-2007, 12:07 AM
jimmy carter....friends house
clint eastwood...party....his retuarant....wifes resturant....
mary stuart masterson....brothers party
mack fry nevada politician....my parents house
harry reid nevada politician....my parents house
paul lacksalt nevada politician....my parents house
frank farenkopf RNC chair decades ago...now gaming commisioner....my parents house...
authur ashe....tennis tournament
stan smith....tennis tournament
merv griffin....tennis tournament
vinny testaverde....took him drinking
jim kelly....friend's wedding
will clark....friend's wedding
matt williams....friend's wedding
jim harbaugh.....friend's wedding
leigh steinberg...sports agent....mom worked for him
franz hoek....dutch national team goalkeeper and ajax coach.....trained by him
ross valory.....journey....my next door neighbor when i was a kid...

Gaffer
11-30-2007, 12:14 AM
The Cowsills lived in the house behind us in California. They were there about three months before moving to Las Vegas. I never got to really know them. Went to school with Burt Blilevin. He became a pitcher for the Mets. My brother had a friend that was a DJ for a radio station. He went over to see him and three guys answered the door and said he couldn't come in. My brother tried to push by them and they all got into a wrestling match. He had two in a head lock and the other was half heartedly beating him with his hand. It was all in fun. So the DJ comes out and breaks it up and asks my brother if he knows who they are. He said NO and the DJ says these are the DOORS. Jim Morrison was the only one missing.

Anyone remember the TV series Wild Wild West? Robert Conrad? His brother was in my squad in Vietnam. Conrad was his stage name his real name was .... get this Peter Falk.

stephanie
11-30-2007, 12:35 AM
I know "ONE" of Dog the Bounty hunter ex wives..

Does that count??

:laugh2: OK... carry on..:cheers2:

Mr. P
11-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Former Senator Sam Nun....(Nice guy)

Bettina Gregory (ABC News)

Howard Cosell...(what a nice guy he was)

Lady Bird Johnson...(man was she short!)

George Will...(big pus in an airplane)

Hillery....(she REALLY IS A BITCH)

Jim McKay...(wide world of sports)

Those are the biggies I can think of right now.

Hobbit
11-30-2007, 01:42 AM
World famous Nobel Prize winning physicist Stephen Hawking.

A friend of mine and I were at Texas A&M, where Hawking was giving a lecture. My friend has done a great deal of work based on Hawking's theories. My friend was invited to speak to Dr. Hawking, one-on-one. I was invited to tag along.

diuretic
11-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Joe Wambaugh the writer.

jackass
11-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Lets see:
Elle McPherson : stood at a red light with her in NYC and made a witty comment to her. She DID laugh...maybe it was just to be polite..but SOMEONE out there has a pic with her and I talking :)

Met Clarence Clemmens (sp) from Bruce Sprinsteens band.

Jason Garret (Cowboys offensive coordinator) grew up in my hometown.

Got Mike Tysons autograph on a NYC street on a $5 bill for Jimbo. Hey you still have that?

Hagbard Celine
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Andre Benjamin (Andre 3000) - Spoke to him as he was leaving CNN Center one day while I was coming in to work.

darin
11-30-2007, 10:20 AM
(internationally famous)

OCA - took him to dinner; asked my wife to wear something low-cut for him.

5StringJeff - He wrote the word 'Pithwo' on my white board in my office.

Matthew Broderick - was an extra in the movie "War Games"

Johnny Cash - at his Museum.

(locally famous)
Best man in my wedding - his little brother pitches for KC Royals. David Riske.

The Frugal Gourmet.

That's aboot it.

5stringJeff
11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Pithwo

Sinner.

:)

gabosaurus
11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I once had a short debate about politics with Neil Young. I met him while backstage at a CSNY show in Anaheim.

My sister works at a movie studio and has met more famous people than she can remember. She was unimpressed by any of them.

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
John McEnroe- bought me drinks

Dustin Hoffman- flirted at Knicks game

darin
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Abbey - admit it. You are a celebrity. You are probably somebody we see on TV all the time, yet you hide behind dated photos and your screen name. Are you Laurie Dhue? Barbara Bush (the elder)?

dan
11-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Lets see:
Elle McPherson : stood at a red light with her in NYC and made a witty comment to her. She DID laugh...maybe it was just to be polite..but SOMEONE out there has a pic with her and I talking :)

What was the comment?

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Abbey - admit it. You are a celebrity. You are probably somebody we see on TV all the time, yet you hide behind dated photos and your screen name. Are you Laurie Dhue? Barbara Bush (the elder)?

Barbara Bush the elder! :smack:

I'm not even a celeb in my own home, lol. :laugh2:

Oh, through work, I've also met Lee and Leslie Keno, the two blonde brothers who appraise stuff on the Antiques Roadshow. Do they count?

http://www.stlmag.com/core/includes/phpThumb/phpThumb.php?src=/media/galleries/314/IMG_3172.jpg&w=378&q=100

dan
11-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Andre Benjamin (Andre 3000) - Spoke to him as he was leaving CNN Center one day while I was coming in to work.

I'd like to meet him. Apparently, I was at a concert at a really small club with Big Boi, but I didn't see him.

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Lets see:

Here ya go....

http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars2/elle-brownthomas5.jpg

-Cp
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
1. Johnny Cash - met him at his Museum when I was 16
2. Vince Neil - Shook his hand and mutually said hello at "The Rainbow" on Sunset Strip in LA
3. Hugh Hefner - Shook his hand in Las Vegas - Comdex 2000 at the MGM Hotel
4. Danielle Fishel (Topanga from Boy Meets World) - E3 2003 Party held by Vivendi Universal
5. Curt Warner (Former Seattle Seahawk RB) - He was part of a "Football Camp" where I was a camp councelor for 4th graders.
6. Flava Flave - Shook hands with him earlier this year in front of the MGM Hotel in Vegas - waiting for my car to return from Valet.
7. Didn't say hi or shake her hand but Ashley Olsen - but sat at the table across from her a few years ago at a place called "Sushi on Sunset" - Sunset Strip in LA.

Trigg
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
The only person I've ever met is Rene Syler from CBS The Early Show. We were in Jamaica and our kids played together the entire week. I had no idea who she was, since I don't watch the show, until someone came over and wanted to shake hands. We kept in touch for about 2 years.

dan
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
4. Danielle Fishel (Topanga from Boy Meets World) - E3 2003 Pary held by Vivendi Universal
Man, you have no idea how jealous this makes me.

6. Flava Flave - Shook hands with him earlier this year in front of the MGM Hotel in Vegas - waiting for my car to return from Valet.

How long did it take him to find your car?:laugh2:

remie
11-30-2007, 02:28 PM
I had never really stopped to think until you asked but here goes:

George Bush I - went hunting with him
The Queen - met her at a horse farm my brother manages
Lynn Swann - beat him out of a buck playing golf
Mark McGuire - hated the roid rap on him cause he is really nice
Jim Kiick - You cant believe how small he is for an NFL player
Larry Czonka - has the biggest hands Ive ever seen on a person
Jimmy Edmonds- rather quiet and shy
Albert Puljos - dont speaka de english so good but nice
Pete Rose- a first class prick
Emeril Lagasse - met him at his restaraunt where he was flirting with wifey
MC Hammer- met him at the races and wanted to mug him for his jewelery
Arnold Palmer- another prick
Gary Player-talked horses with him over a beer. A prince of a guy.

Julia Roberts...well not really but I have stared at her picture a lot.:boobies:

May be others but those are the ones that spring to mind.

-Cp
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Man, you have no idea how jealous this makes me.

Really? She's a lot skankier looking in person - had a tattoo on the small of her back (Tramp-stamp) and smokes....

Uh.. yeah... not so "hot" anymore:

http://www.dvdsnapshot.com/DanielleFishel.jpg

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/premiere_photo/20050905/20/4160003549.jpg

jackass
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
What was the comment?

Well she was walking down the street with photographers calling her and taking pictures. I looked at her and said something like..sure must be tough or something like that.

jackass
11-30-2007, 03:23 PM
3. Hugh Hefner - Shook his hand in Las Vegas - Comdex 2000 at the MGM Hotel

Dude you are my hero now!! Hugh ROCKS!

-Cp
11-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Dude you are my hero now!! Hugh ROCKS!

LOL! Yeah.. we were at Studio54 inside (nightclub) - he was upstairs that night with an entourage of "hotties" - as they made their way out - me and some pals were just standing there as he walked by, so I stuck my hand out and he shook it.. lol

I immediately had to go wash my hands as I had no idea where they might have been!! :P

darin
11-30-2007, 03:47 PM
...but you smelled it first, right?

Admit it.

-Cp
11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
...but you smelled it first, right?

Admit it.

ewwwwwww... no!!

Sometimes, when I get nervous, I stick my hands under my armpits and than I smell them like this!

http://www.clicket.com/images/pe40018.jpg

jimnyc
11-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Got Mike Tysons autograph on a NYC street on a $5 bill for Jimbo. Hey you still have that?

Yep, sure do! That was funny as hell, Jackass almost got his ass beat by Iron Mike! LOL I was chicken, so I gave Chuck a $5 bill and asked him to get his autograph for me as he left a store in our building where he was shopping with his girlfriend at the time. They left the store and stopped on the corner newsstand. When Chuck confronted him he turned towards him and gave him a look like he wanted to bite his ear off! I even said "I'd kick his ass if I were you, Mike"! He didn't do it though. :(

Ran into Jesse Jackson in the elevator of the building we worked at, and stared down Al Sharpton as he left the building. Got pretty close to Charles Barkley out in front of the building as well as a few other NBA stars. We worked at a law firm, and our firm was representing Latrell Sprewell in his case against the NBA for suspending him for the season for choking his coach.

Watched Danny Devito leave the building, Samuel L. Jackson & Heath Ledger too. (CBS was in our building and broadcast the morning show there).

Ran into Otis (OJ) Anderson in the parking lot of Lawrence Taylor's bar in NJ and got his autograph too.

Yeah, I know, mine were all chance meetings and near misses, but why in the hell would any of these people want to meet with me? LOL

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 05:06 PM
We worked at a law firm, and our firm was representing Latrell Sprewell in his case against the NBA for suspending him for the season for choking his coach.

That reminds me, I knew P.J Carlesimo. The choking was probably deserved! :coffee:

jimnyc
11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
That reminds me, I knew P.J Carlesimo. The choking was probably deserved! :coffee:

Can't recall, were you a Seton Hall Alum? If not, how do you know him?

darin
11-30-2007, 05:10 PM

Watching the Sonic 4th-quarter stumbles this year - seems they are experts in 'choking' too! :( It's carried over!

Trigg
11-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Watched Danny Devito leave the building, Samuel L. Jackson & Heath Ledger too. (CBS was in our building and broadcast the morning show there)

At one time I would have been envious of you meeting Heath Ledger, but then I saw him kiss another man. I just can't look at him the same way :puke3:

Said1
11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I've met a lot of Canadian politicians, a senator (not hockey), members of Canadian national press through various jobs and a bar I frequent. I've met several aboriginal actors and singers - most famous, Adam Beach who co-starred with Nicolas Cage in Windtalkers. No one mega famous, aside from Wayne Gretzky (when I was about 9 and couldn't careless) Steve Yizerman (super nice guy) and Mac and Iris from "Another World'. :laugh2:

manu1959
11-30-2007, 06:15 PM
LOL! Yeah.. we were at Studio54 inside (nightclub) - he was upstairs that night with an entourage of "hotties" - as they made their way out - me and some pals were just standing there as he walked by, so I stuck my hand out and he shook it.. lol

I immediately had to go wash my hands as I had no idea where they might have been!! :P

that reminds me of the hollywood hills party i went to with my brother.....all twelve penthouse pet of the months were there.....do they count?.....met one of the writers for the mag that ghostwrites the "stories".........

AFbombloader
11-30-2007, 06:18 PM
My family got to go the the Colts training camp last year and met Peyton Manning, Jim Irsay (owner), and Tony Dungy. They were all really nice, which really hurts to say because I am a Pats fan to the core!

AF:salute:

dan
11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Well she was walking down the street with photographers calling her and taking pictures. I looked at her and said something like..sure must be tough or something like that.

Oh... good one.

:lame2:

:D

jackass
12-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh... good one.

:lame2:

:D

:finger3:

SHE laughed!!

Roomy
12-01-2007, 07:06 PM
What a bunch of celebrity chasing stalker wankers, you disappoint me big time:pee:

Abbey Marie
12-01-2007, 07:51 PM
What a bunch of celebrity chasing stalker wankers, you disappoint me big time:pee:

Roomy, you are sounding like Psycho with a Brit accent. :poke:

shattered
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Marilyn Manson - Concert at The Rave
Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) - Alpine Valley (he's on crutches)
Trans-Siberian Orchestra (all of'em)
Herb Kohl (was a kid waitressing at Webs where he ate every morning)

mrg666
12-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Roomy, you are sounding like Psycho with a Brit accent. :poke:

there arent really accents here just alien words
ie
wanker , bollox etc

chesswarsnow
12-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have met more movie stars than I can remember.
2. And I know a rather famous singer, BJ Thomas
3. Here's a short list.
4. In no particular order.
5. I met Lorne Green at a AfterParty in Dallas, for a premier of a Movie, (The American Heroine) he was flown out with a bunch of Stars, which most I don't remember, he was the best person I have ever met who was a Movie Star.
6. Rudy Valle was there.
7. Stella Stevens was there, with her son Andrew Stevens.
8. I met Jack Nicholson at a party in L. A. at a private bar.
9. There were numerous other Stars there, was a long time ago, forgot them.
10. Rod Stewart, at L. A. party.
11. Alan Hale~Skipper of Gilligan's Island at golf course, putting green, @ golf course near The Griffith Park Observatory, Los Feliz I think. He was a Great Guy, I said to him, I loved you in Gilligan's Island, I watched it all the time after school" he said, "Thanks little buddy", made my day.
12. Sydney Poitier, I met on a putting green, in L.A., Rancho Park GC. he was nice, I shook his hand said hello, he smiled rather shy like, and said hello.
13. Charles Bronson, I met when I first started to learn to golf, at Rancho Park, at the par three nine hole course, he was on the tee in-front of me, I walked up and said, "Hello Mr. Bronson", he said hi, I asked for an autograph, he said "No", then smiled and said, "Ok", he signed my scored card with one of those short pencils.
14. OJ Simpson, I met at Rancho Park GC as well, I was on way back to Texas after a purchase of a Box Truck in WA, Seattle area, visited my old friend who lived in Puyallup, and drove it through L.A. to visit family there, and play a round of golf at my old stomping grounds. OJ just happened to be there, and I saw him unloading his clubs from a HC parking, as I drove in the parking lot, I knew he just got there and might have room for a single in his group, he came alone, I told the Starter that I wouldn't mind if I played golf with OJ, he sent me out to share a cart with him, OJ said about hole 9 he "I didn't do it, the cops lied", I didn't answer back, I didn't expect for him to say anything about it. He did it. OJ played rather good, for his bad knees.
12. Joe Santos, fame of Rockford Files, at same Rancho Park GC., real nice guy.
13. There are many many I left out, if I think of them I will add them later.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

OCA
12-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have met more movie stars than I can remember.
2. And I know a rather famous singer, BJ Thomas
3. Here's a short list.
4. In no particular order.
5. I met Lorne Green at a AfterParty in Dallas, for a premier of a Movie, (The American Heroine) he was flown out with a bunch of Stars, which most I don't remember, he was the best person I have ever met who was a Movie Star.
6. Rudy Valle was there.
7. Stella Stevens was there, with her son Andrew Stevens.
8. I met Jack Nicholson at a party in L. A. at a private bar.
9. There were numerous other Stars there, was a long time ago, forgot them.
10. Rod Stewart, at L. A. party.
11. Alan Hale~Skipper of Gilligan's Island at golf course, putting green, @ golf course near The Griffith Park Observatory, Los Feliz I think. He was a Great Guy, I said to him, I loved you in Gilligan's Island, I watched it all the time after school" he said, "Thanks little buddy", made my day.
12. Sydney Poitier, I met on a putting green, in L.A., Rancho Park GC. he was nice, I shook his hand said hello, he smiled rather shy like, and said hello.
13. Charles Bronson, I met when I first started to learn to golf, at Rancho Park, at the par three nine hole course, he was on the tee in-front of me, I walked up and said, "Hello Mr. Bronson", he said hi, I asked for an autograph, he said "No", then smiled and said, "Ok", he signed my scored card with one of those short pencils.
14. OJ Simpson, I met at Rancho Park GC as well, I was on way back to Texas after a purchase of a Box Truck in WA, Seattle area, visited my old friend who lived in Puyallup, and drove it through L.A. to visit family there, and play a round of golf at my old stomping grounds. OJ just happened to be there, and I saw him unloading his clubs from a HC parking, as I drove in the parking lot, I knew he just got there and might have room for a single in his group, he came alone, I told the Starter that I wouldn't mind if I played golf with OJ, he sent me out to share a cart with him, OJ said about hole 9 he "I didn't do it, the cops lied", I didn't answer back, I didn't expect for him to say anything about it. He did it. OJ played rather good, for his bad knees.
12. Joe Santos, fame of Rockford Files, at same Rancho Park GC., real nice guy.
13. There are many many I left out, if I think of them I will add them later.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

14. Do you have any shame? Or do you not know you are lying?

chesswarsnow
12-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Sorry bout that,

14. Do you have any shame? Or do you not know you are lying?

1. ^Turd, can I get a clean up on aisle nine?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

OCA
12-02-2007, 10:46 AM
You never met O.J. and he certainly never discussed the case with you, you are a liar.

I do not believe that I am in the minority with this opinion of you.

chesswarsnow
12-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Sorry bout that,

You never met O.J. and he certainly never discussed the case with you, you are a liar.

I do not believe that I am in the minority with this opinion of you.

1. This isn't *THE STEEL CAGE*
2. Need another clean up on aisle nine.
3. OCA laid another turd!:laugh2:
4. OCA was banned from this thread, Jimmy laid down the *LAW*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

OCA
12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. This isn't *THE STEEL CAGE*
2. Need another clean up on aisle nine.
3. OCA laid another turd!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You can't take it that someone caught you in a lie, crying like a little girl because you can't stand the heat is................................pathetic.

OCA
12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Also you have zero credibility here, nobody listens to you when you make the girly cry.

jimnyc
12-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Keep the stink in the steel cage. I'm not going to tolerate the feuds ruining threads elsewhere.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry bout that,
And I know a rather famous singer, BJ Thomas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I loved his voice. Is it true that he had lots of problems with drugs, and then became a Christian and cleaned up?

Mr. P
12-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Former Senator Sam Nun....(Nice guy)

Bettina Gregory (ABC News)

Howard Cosell...(what a nice guy he was)

Lady Bird Johnson...(man was she short!)

George Will...(big pus in an airplane)

Hillery....(she REALLY IS A BITCH)

Jim McKay...(wide world of sports)

Those are the biggies I can think of right now.

Add...

Ted (hiccup) Kennedy (hiccup)....The arrogance just oozed from him.

Robert (Bob) Dole......He made you feel like you knew him forever.

Chi Chi Rodriguez.....Friendly guy!

chesswarsnow
12-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

I loved his voice. Is it true that he had lots of problems with drugs, and then became a Christian and cleaned up?

1. Yeah BJ is a great buddy of mine.
2. He met the Lord and got it straight.
3. Really a warm and nice person.
4. I think he is one of the best Stars I have ever met, and or know.
5. He loves life, and his wife.
6. Is doing what he has always done, *Singing Songs*, and just like when he recorded them, he sounds fantastic!
7. His band has changed over the years, they retired, he replaced them with good folks.
8. All around BJ Thomas made the grade, excellent person!
9. I am very proud to call him my buddy!
10. He's been married to Gloria for something like 45 years, he stood the test of time, well done BJ!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JimmyAteWorld
12-04-2007, 01:31 PM

I wasn't going to bother responding until I came across this.

*I met William Shatner at a Star Trek convention about 12 years ago. (Fill in nerd joke here). Yes, he is a prick.

*Troy Aikman at a bar when the Cowboys had their training camp in Wichita Falls.

*Several former Cowboys, such as Everson Walls and John Dutton, during a benefit basketball game.

*Several pro wrestlers, if you count them as a celebrity. I was with the Jaycess and we were having a wrestling card as a fund raiser. I even took Kevin Von Erich and his son a couple of sodas.

*I did correspond briefly with Bob Lilly, though I never actually got to meet him face to face.

*There was a guy from some soap opera at a thing called World of Wheels. I didn't know who he was, but a couple of people with me got pretty excited.

*State Senator Steve Carriker. This was also through the Jaycees.

*John Ratzenberger did an episode of Made in America here about a year or so ago. I basically only got to say hi and shake his hand.

chesswarsnow
05-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Bump! here it is!!!
2. Who have you met?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas