PDA

View Full Version : Report: Republicans in much better mental health, than others...

darin
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh the power of 'studies' and 'statistics'.

:)

Of COURSE, I approve of the conclusions.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Republicans are significantly more likely than Democrats or independents to rate their mental health as excellent, according to data from the last four November Gallup Health and Healthcare polls. Fifty-eight percent of Republicans report having excellent mental health, compared to 43% of independents and 38% of Democrats. This relationship between party identification and reports of excellent mental health persists even within categories of income, age, gender, church attendance, and education.

The differences are quite significant, as can be seen. While Democrats are slightly less likely to report excellent mental health than are independents, the big distinctions in these data are the differences between Republicans and everyone else.

One could be quick to assume that these differences are based on the underlying demographic and socioeconomic patterns related to party identification in America today. A recent Gallup report (see "Strong Relationship Between Income and Mental Health" in Related Items) reviewed these mental health data more generally, and found that men, those with higher incomes, those with higher education levels, and whites are more likely than others to report excellent mental health. Some of these patterns describe characteristics of Republicans, of course.

But an analysis of the relationship between party identification and self-reported excellent mental health within various categories of age, gender, church attendance, income, education, and other variables shows that the basic pattern persists regardless of these characteristics. In other words, party identification appears to have an independent effect on mental health even when each of these is controlled for.

Correlation is no proof of causation, of course. The reason the relationship exists between being a Republican and more positive mental health is unknown, and one cannot say whether something about being a Republican causes a person to be more mentally healthy, or whether something about being mentally healthy causes a person to choose to become a Republican (or whether some third variable is responsible for causing both to be parallel).

Previous analysis (see Related Items) shows that a number of variables are related to self-reported mental health -- including, in particular, income. Because Republicans have on average higher incomes than independents or Democrats, part of the explanation for the relationship between being a Republican and having better mental health is a result of this underlying factor. The same is true for several other variables.

But the key finding of the analyses presented here is that being a Republican appears to have an independent relationship on positive mental health above and beyond what can be explained by these types of demographic and lifestyle variables. The exact explanation for this persistent relationship -- as noted -- is unclear.

rest at link.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/102943/Republicans-Report-Much-Better-Mental-Health-Than-Others.aspx

Hagbard Celine
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
In other words, rich white guys report having excellent mental health. What a surprise! :cool:

theHawk
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
In other words, liberals report having a high number of mental disorders. What a surpise! :laugh2:

retiredman
11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
in other words, republicans are egotistically self-delusional. How many of those supposedly mentally stable republicans go trolling for anonymous gay buttsex in airport bathrooms?:lol:

darin
11-30-2007, 12:53 PM
in other words, republicans are egotistically self-delusional. How many of those supposedly mentally stable republicans go trolling for anonymous gay buttsex in airport bathrooms?:lol:

Linking homosexuality with mental instability, are we?

Hagbard Celine
11-30-2007, 01:01 PM
In other words, liberals report having a high number of mental disorders. What a surpise! :laugh2:

This study is skewed because it doesn't include sexual repression and religious fundamentalism in the list of mental disorders :poke:

retiredman
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Linking homosexuality with mental instability, are we?

not at all. Just repressed homosexuality that exhibits itself as inappropriate, risky, furtive and illegal behavior.

Do you think that is normal?

April15
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Denial is a great state of mind.

darin
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
WOW Seems all the libs who replied to this are DEFENSIVE... :)

Wonder why that is?

I suspect it's, in part, because Liberals tend to be Godless. Godlessness is insanity. :)

April15
11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Insanity is believing in fantasies like seas parting and bushes talking, in short God.

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
It's no surprise to me that the party that regularly cries that the sky is falling down, would have only a 38% self-reported rate of excellent mental health. All that negativity has to have an effect.

And this quote is too funny:

The reason the relationship exists between being a Republican and more positive mental health is unknown, and one cannot say whether something about being a Republican causes a person to be more mentally healthy, or whether something about being mentally healthy causes a person to choose to become a Republican (or whether some third variable is responsible for causing both to be parallel)

darin
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Insanity is believing in fantasies like seas parting and bushes talking, in short God.

OMGWOWO!!!WTF!!LOL! NICE comback!!!

for me to poop on.

theHawk
11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
It's no surprise to me that the party that regularly cries that the sky is falling down, would have only a 38% self-reported rate of excellent mental health. All that negativity has to have an effect.

And this quote is too funny:

It is pretty funny how all these libs have to come out and attack conservatives. Just because in general we feel good about our mental health.

darin
11-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Right - they aren't attacking the study, they are attacking Republicans/Conservatives.

theHawk
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
not at all. Just repressed homosexuality that exhibits itself as inappropriate, risky, furtive and illegal behavior.

Do you think that is normal?

Actually, homosexuals in general have the highest suicide rate. And most being victims of 'recruitment' when they were young boys I am sure are probably screwed up their heads.

theHawk
11-30-2007, 03:27 PM
This study is skewed because it doesn't include sexual repression and religious fundamentalism in the list of mental disorders :poke:

Funny, I know I have seen studies and polls posted on this board that suggest repubs are more satisfied with their sex life than libs are.

And what does religious fundamentalism have to do with republicans? Oh yea thats right, they're mostly Christians so that automatically makes them "fundamentalists"...silly me. :cool:

Hagbard Celine
11-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Actually, homosexuals in general have the highest suicide rate. And most being victims of 'recruitment' when they were young boys I am sure are probably screwed up their heads.

Dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession. Maybe they're all gay. Be careful what they're sticking in your mouth while you're unda da gas.:eek::poke:

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession. Maybe they're all gay. Be careful what they're sticking in your mouth while you're unda da gas.:eek::poke:

Hey now, you can't compare a chosen profession, with a born-with-it, can't-get-over-it condition like gayness. ;)

(I have no idea where I'm going with this, lol).

Hagbard Celine
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey now, you can't compare a chosen profession, with a born-with-it, can't-get-over-it condition like gayness. ;)

(I have no idea where I'm going with this, lol).

Hey, THIS guy was born to be a dentist.
http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs17/hermie.jpg

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey, THIS guy was born to be a dentist.
http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs17/hermie.jpg

Props for the Hermie pic. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
He was probably gay, too, hanging out with Rudolph and Yukon Cornelius all the time. :D

chesswarsnow
11-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I had a study on this a year or so ago.
2. On another site, I self banned from, recently.
3. It goes into a certain amount of fact findings and over all realities around this topic.
4. Neo~Liberals are rather disenfranchised with living a happy life.
5. And have drank the, *Doom ~And~Gloom* for to long.
6. You get it by watching the Neo~Liberal Media for to many years.
7. The constant hammering damages their brains.
8. After a while your brain gives up, and it becomes a prisoner of the thing it is watching, *The Neo~Liberal Media*.
9. It is true, they lose all contact with reality, and at a weak moment, they will end their lives without understanding what they are about to do.
10. So if your a Neo~Liberal, be forewarned, you are in grave danger of dieing young.:poke:

11. NEWS FLASH,... . .. .... ... .. . . ..this just in, Crazy Neo~Liberal goes off meds, and takes hostages at Hillary Campaign Center, read it here first! thus:http://www.wmur.com/news/14737868/detail.html

"

An armed man took hostages at the office on 28 North Main St. Friday afternoon, and officials with the campaign said that there were two workers taken hostage in the office, but police have not confirmed that those were the only two hostages in the building.

"

12. More on link:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Said1
11-30-2007, 05:37 PM

I think your both wrong. I'm quite certain it's psychiatrists. Female doctor's kill themselves more frequently then males. Sucks to be in the health profession, I guess.

April15
11-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Right - they aren't attacking the study, they are attacking Republicans/Conservatives.The study is as flawed as the idea that conservatives are in a better state of mind. To be in denial is of course a better state of mind because without reality there is no cause for worry and without worry all there is to do is count money and that would make anyone feel better.

darin
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Why? Why is it flawed? HOW is it flawed? The study participants gave their OWN ACCOUNT of the state of their health, it seems.

Your posts in this thread alone VERIFY the study...lmao :)

manu1959
11-30-2007, 06:17 PM
In other words, rich white guys report having excellent mental health. What a surprise! :cool:

what about teddy the drunk?

gabosaurus
11-30-2007, 06:38 PM
You certainly can't prove your point with this thread. :)

bullypulpit
12-01-2007, 05:26 PM
WOW Seems all the libs who replied to this are DEFENSIVE... :)

Wonder why that is?

I suspect it's, in part, because Liberals tend to be Godless. Godlessness is insanity. :)

No, "Godlessness" is not "insanity". It is rationality.

April15
12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Why? Why is it flawed? HOW is it flawed? The study participants gave their OWN ACCOUNT of the state of their health, it seems.

Your posts in this thread alone VERIFY the study...lmao :)I see it the other way around. That the conservatives are actually crazy but think others are because they are to loonie to recognize it. That is what denial does.

darin
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I see it the other way around. That the conservatives are actually crazy but think others are because they are to loonie to recognize it. That is what denial does.

..yet VASTLY MORE Republicans report Great Mental Health...hrm....I believe Liberals do not understand not EVERYBODY is as miserable as they are.

Psychoblues
12-02-2007, 12:09 AM
How much more of this denial and projection by republicans and power obsessed wannabees can this country handle?

The racism, classism, and personal egos of you jerks will certainly bey your downfalls.

stephanie
12-02-2007, 01:02 AM
I tend to believe this study..

I mean just look at the liberals rabid hatred for President Bush..There's a good example of some serious mental meltdowns...

I didn't care for Bill Clinton, but I didn't spend my every waking hour hating him...I just couldn't wait for him to be gone...

Conservatives tend to be more laid back, they don't think themselves to be the be all of everything...and their just plain ole lovable...:laugh2::cheers2:

Psychoblues
12-02-2007, 01:07 AM
You gotta be kidding?

I tend to believe this study..

I mean just look at the liberals rabid hatred for President Bush..There's a good example of some serious mental meltdowns...

I didn't care for Bill Clinton, but I didn't spend my every waking hour hating him...I just couldn't wait for him to be gone...

Conservatives tend to be more laid back, they don't think themselves to be the be all of everything...and their just plain ole lovable...:laugh2::cheers2:

I would blame it on your Alaskan environment but have you ever listened to your Senator Ted Stevens? You really gotta be kidding!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!!

stephanie
12-02-2007, 01:11 AM
You gotta be kidding?

I would blame it on your Alaskan environment but have you ever listened to your Senator Ted Stevens? You really gotta be kidding!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!!

See what I mean...EVERYTHING has to be about politics with a liberal..
That must be why Michael Savage says...

Liberalism is a mental disorder...:laugh:

Psychoblues
12-02-2007, 01:16 AM
And in what possible context did you consider the article as presented?

See what I mean...EVERYTHING has to be about politics with a liberal..
That must be why Michael Savage says...

Liberalism is a mental disorder...:laugh:

Were you just trying to be coy and apolitical?

America was and is founded on liberal ideals. Whoever thought that a "woman" might someday be able to vote?

theHawk
12-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Psycho, you're living proof of a liberal suffering from a mental disorder, if not several. LOL

Psychoblues
12-02-2007, 02:02 AM
My vote is just as good as yours, Hawk.

Psycho, you're living proof of a liberal suffering from a mental disorder, if not several. LOL

And don't blame your self destructive tendensies on me. Your have eyes, ears and a brain. Your acceptance of unearned and disrespected authority is not my fault.

LuvRPgrl
12-02-2007, 03:08 AM

And how do you account for the 62% of liberals who claim to have poor mental health?

LuvRPgrl
12-02-2007, 03:09 AM

I thought you opposed stereotyping?

LuvRPgrl
12-02-2007, 03:16 AM

Your posts in this thread alone VERIFY the study...lmao :)

Well, you know how it is, liberals not only know what is better for you, they also know better than you if you are happy or not.