PDA

View Full Version : Portable heaters

Cheyenne
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
My brother has purchased one of these and really liked it. But it still has a bit of odor to it (after 2 days) and the company told him to return it. I don't know if it's really the product or my brother. I was on my way to go get one of these. Does anyone know anything about this one or one like it?

http://www.bionaire.ca/bionairebh3900.html

jackass
11-30-2007, 03:33 PM
What kind of odor??

Cheyenne
11-30-2007, 03:40 PM
What kind of odor??
The directions state that there is a "factory odor" that needs to burn away in the initial turning on of the unit. They suggest it be turned on in a garage to start with. I could barely detect any smell when I went to my brother's house to see this thing yesterday. I just don't want to waste a trip to the store or money

Found the one he has

http://www.vitasprings.com/bionaire-galileo-digital-console-heater.html

jackass
11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I would just let it go for another day or two and see what happens.

Trigg
11-30-2007, 05:35 PM
My brother has purchased one of these and really liked it. But it still has a bit of odor to it (after 2 days) and the company told him to return it. I don't know if it's really the product or my brother. I was on my way to go get one of these. Does anyone know anything about this one or one like it?

Those things tend to run through the electricity like crazy.

glockmail
11-30-2007, 07:30 PM

It's a simple electrical resistence heater. The odor is from paint, oils and shit on the coils; actually mormal for a factory item. The gases should burn off after the first few uses.

All of these heaters are 100% efficient, but electrical resistance is typically the most expensive method to heat a space. Because the heaters are so cheap, they are cost-effective when used very little.

Abbey Marie
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
It's a simple electrical resistence heater. The odor is from paint, oils and shit on the coils; actually mormal for a factory item. The gases should burn off after the first few uses.

All of these heaters are 100% efficient, but electrical resistance is typically the most expensive method to heat a space. Because the heaters are so cheap, they are cost-effective when used very little.

Don't you just love it when guys go all engineering on you? :salute:

Speaking of which, where is Pale?

Mr. P
11-30-2007, 09:06 PM

They should stop putting that on the coils..:wink2:

Cheyenne
12-01-2007, 02:04 AM

All of these heaters are 100% efficient, but electrical resistance is typically the most expensive method to heat a space. Because the heaters are so cheap, they are cost-effective when used very little.My brother said that if he figured our rate up right, it should run less than $30 a month to run it 24/7. I don't plan on doing that.

Don't you just love it when guys go all engineering on you?Every time ;)

I would just let it go for another day or two and see what happens.You mean my brother's? He'll do what he wants no matter what. He makes things so much harder than what they really are.

As far as my purchasing one; I did. I will plug it in Sunday to let the factory goo burn off & go from there.

Thanks everyone!