PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Michael Savage(talk show host)files law suit against CAIR..

stephanie
12-01-2007, 04:46 AM
CAIR and the city counsel of San Francisco has had an ongoing campaign to try and take Dr.Savage off the air...Well now he is fighting back...:clap::clap:

DANIEL A. HOROWITZ State Bar No. 92400

Attorney at Law

P.O. Box 1547

Lafayette, California 94549

Attorney for Plaintiff

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA

read the whole thing at...
http://www.savage-productions.com/Savage_CAIR_suit.html

Gaffer
12-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Was reading this last night. They better stick to whimpy talk show hosts like hannity if they want to take anyone down. Savage will bite back. I hope he wins big time.

truthmatters
12-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Hes sueing then for quoting him off the puplic airwaves.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hes going to lose bigtime.

April15
12-01-2007, 11:08 AM
The man has no case! What has been done is covered by "fair use" rules for copyrighted materials.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Hes sueing then for quoting him off the puplic airwaves.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hes going to lose bigtime.

Michael Savage OWNS the copyrighted materials he broadcasts, and owns them, outright...just as the NFL owns their broadcasts...ever heard the following:
"This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this telecast or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the game without the NFL’s consent, is prohibited."

It is illegal to use the intellectual property or broadcast in any way without their permission....especially for financial gain.....:fu:

truthmatters
12-01-2007, 11:28 AM
I think the courts will determine what he OWNS and what he does not.

Quoting him when he speaks on a puplic airwave is pretty not interfering with his rights.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I think the courts will determine what he OWNS and what he does not.

Quoting him when he speaks on a puplic airwave is pretty not interfering with his rights.

I agree, it does not interfere with his rights, but that is not what the case is about.

They used his copyrighted materials for financial gain without his permission. Do you think that the NFL would stand by, and allow you to charge admission for a re-broadcast for what ever worthy cause you want?

The fact that CAIR is a non-profit should certainly put a brighter spotlight on what they are doing, who they are, and why they should be exempt from paying taxes in the US.

I am sure that I could go on, but you will not change your mind, without the court ruling in favor of the position, and then you will more than likely still disagree, because you don't like the politics, not because of the issue of stealing intellectual property rights.

truthmatters
12-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Have you read it?

There is very little offered in there of the property theft.

Its mostly trying to tie this entity to terrorism.

His case seems pretty thin in the facts.

If they missused his copywrited material and he proves it that is fine with me.

-Cp
12-01-2007, 12:11 PM
I LOVE most of the comments about this on digg:

http://digg.com/world_news/Michael_Savage_fights_back_sues_CAIR

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Have you read it?

There is very little offered in there of the property theft.

Its mostly trying to tie this entity to terrorism.

His case seems pretty thin in the facts.

If they missused his copywrited material and he proves it that is fine with me.

I have read it, and the basis is that CAIR used his quotes for their marketing and money drives.....

The rest, that is is tied to terrorism, makes a much greater statement, in that is questions their status as a tax free organization, and relates their dealings with terrorist activities and supporters of terrorist activites, for what I gather would be a future proceeding by the Feds if this goes down the way I think it will.

Gaffer
12-01-2007, 01:17 PM
cair took Savage's show and used only the parts they wanted too. They did it to raise money for their organization, a unindicted co-conspirator in a terrorist trial. They use their money to support and finance hamas and hezbollah.

cair used the excerpts from savages show to raise money and to get sponsors to stop sponsoring Savage's show. They started this war and he's going to finish it.

Hugh Lincoln
12-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Savage, aka "Weiner", hates Muslims because he's Jewish. Big deal. Muslims and Jews both need to take their fight away from us. Far away.

truthmatters
12-01-2007, 02:13 PM
cair took Savage's show and used only the parts they wanted too. They did it to raise money for their organization, a unindicted co-conspirator in a terrorist trial. They use their money to support and finance hamas and hezbollah.

cair used the excerpts from savages show to raise money and to get sponsors to stop sponsoring Savage's show. They started this war and he's going to finish it.

When you broadcast on puplic airwaves you can be quoted by anyone.

It is not illegal and they dont have to quote every word you say.

Savage says things all the time which make him look like a fool. That is his fault.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200405140003 go listen to the stupid shit he says.

Gaffer
12-01-2007, 02:50 PM
When you broadcast on puplic airwaves you can be quoted by anyone.

It is not illegal and they dont have to quote every word you say.

Savage says things all the time which make him look like a fool. That is his fault.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200405140003 go listen to the stupid shit he says.

The stuff they are using is over 4 minutes long and is used for their profit. The keyword here is profit. They are making money off of rebroadcasting parts of his show. He didn't give them permission and he is not being paid for the use of his broadcast. It's that simple.

If you go to his website you can read the entire complaint. He has a very strong case.

truthmatters
12-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Well it seems it was in the public domain so it does not matter how long it is huh?

You see playing four minutes of his rants is not really consistant with the arguement they took him out of context huh?

They are a non profit so NO they did not make profit.

He called then non humans and said they should be forcibley converted to christianity and that we should just nuke ANY Muslim country.

He said really evil and stupid things on the puplic airwaves and then thinks no one should be allowed to repete them. Hes an idiot.

Gaffer
12-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Something broadcast over the airwaves is not in the public domain. It is copyrighted material. Rebroadcasting it for profit of any kind is against the law to do without permission.

He can say anything he wants on his radio show. For them to use it to raise money for their organization without his permission or paying him is wrong, and he's calling them on it.

The stations that carry his show pay him to broadcast it. The islamists didn't pay him and they edited it to make it sounds bad. A little trick they learned from mediamatters. Hopefully he wins and it starts more investigations of cair by the feds.

April15
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM
The court decision will be eager awaited. My money is he looses.

Yurt
12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
I have read it, and the basis is that CAIR used his quotes for their marketing and money drives.....

The rest, that is is tied to terrorism, makes a much greater statement, in that is questions their status as a tax free organization, and relates their dealings with terrorist activities and supporters of terrorist activites, for what I gather would be a future proceeding by the Feds if this goes down the way I think it will.

That, IMO, is the whole point of the lawsuit. CAIR didn't steal anything and violated no copyright laws. If I call you a piece of trash and you use that to show others that I am an insulter, fine. His point is about the tax exempt status. Whether they fund raise over his comments or not, is only minimally relevent to his overall suit. The main focus of the suit is not about stopping them from using his words or getting compensation for "using" those words, it is about ending their non-profit status.

Unfortunately, as much as I see Savage's point about the tax exempt status, he will lose this case. Think NAACP. I also think its interesting how he constantly bashes lawyers on his show, and yet now turns to lawyers. He's a doctor, go pro per big guy.

Btw, I am a fan of most of what he says. I feel like calling his show and mentioning the lawyer bit.

:)