PDA

View Full Version : Is the republican party imploding?

truthmatters
12-01-2007, 10:26 AM
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/index.php?ntid=259540&ntpid=1

The brown county R party was disbanded after the elected leader was accused of child enticement.

No one was left to vote for a new leader.

5stringJeff
12-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Linky no worky.

truthmatters
12-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Its fixed now.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/index.php?ntid=259540&ntpid=1

State Republicans have disbanded the Green Bay area 's Republican Party after its chairman was arrested for child enticement and the party couldn 't muster enough officers to pick a new leader.

State Republican leaders on Thursday downplayed the development, promising to remake the Brown County party. County parties generally focus on local candidates but also assist in larger races. The Brown County party 's dissolution could have reverberations in the already bitter campaign for northeastern Wisconsin 's congressional seat.

"It 's just really, really going to create some difficulties if they don 't act fast on this, " said Tim Meyer, UW-Green Bay communications professor who specializes in politics and the media. "It 's the organizational structure and experience that they 'll lose. "

The party 's dissolution comes as the GOP fights to recover from some painful losses in northeastern Wisconsin, historically a Republican stronghold.

bullypulpit
12-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Hope the bastard gets what he deserves. I hope even more that he didn't get his hands on any kids.

As for the GOP imploding, there's this...

<center><a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/26/us/politics/26recruit.html?_r=5&oref=login&pagewanted=print>Short of Funds, G.O.P. Recruits the Rich to Run</a></center>

It would appear that the GOP is having such serious money troubles that the national GOP leadership is recruiting those wealthy enough to finance their own campaigns.

Pick your office and pay the price and you too can be an elected official! Yessirree, you too can reap the benefits of political corruption, kick-backs and pay-offs. If you call now, you can secure government jobs and no-bid contracts for your friends and family. Don't delay! Call today!

Classact
12-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Hope the bastard gets what he deserves. I hope even more that he didn't get his hands on any kids.

As for the GOP imploding, there's this...

<center><a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/26/us/politics/26recruit.html?_r=5&oref=login&pagewanted=print>Short of Funds, G.O.P. Recruits the Rich to Run</a></center>

It would appear that the GOP is having such serious money troubles that the national GOP leadership is recruiting those wealthy enough to finance their own campaigns.

Pick your office and pay the price and you too can be an elected official! Yessirree, you too can reap the benefits of political corruption, kick-backs and pay-offs. If you call now, you can secure government jobs and no-bid contracts for your friends and family. Don't delay! Call today!your link doesn't work unless I give it a cookie.

5stringJeff
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Well, shame on the local party chair. I hope he gets what he deserves.

As far as the local party goes, I'm sure there will be plenty of time to rebuild it.

12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
if this was widespread i could see your question being valid, but an isolated incident doesnt give me much worry.

besides. maybe we should disband both parties.

PostmodernProphet
12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
the party couldn 't muster enough officers to pick a new leader

some places are like that.....my own home town used to have a Democratic Party, but the cops shut it down because the neighbors were complaining about the noise.....they still have a float in the Octoberfest Parade though.....six empty chairs on a hayrack.......and the local wits amuse themselves by setting two cups of coffee at an empty booth in the local cafe and setting a sign "Democratic Caucus" on it.......

Yurt
12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
How does this local incident make you believe that the "entire" republican party is imploding?

Has anyone committed "suicide?"

Has anyone lied about an affair?

Has anyone lied about an affair, again?

truthmatters
12-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Did you not read the part fwhere it talks about they did not have enough people to vote in a new leader?

Did you not read the part where it siad it used to be a Republican stronghold?

Are you really unaware of the fundraising problems the party has had?

Bush and his disastors and lies about what he would do have sent your party reeling even if you cant see it.

5stringJeff
12-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Did you not read the part fwhere it talks about they did not have enough people to vote in a new leader?

It's called quorom. I'm sure that, given time to contact people, set up a meeting specifically for this purpose, etc. there will be plenty of interest in getting the party apparatus set up again.

Did you not read the part where it siad it used to be a Republican stronghold?

Plenty of cities "used" to be GOP strongholds. Many of them are Democratics strongholds because of the demographics of city dwellers.

Are you really unaware of the fundraising problems the party has had?

Bush and his disastors and lies about what he would do have sent your party reeling even if you cant see it.

One local party having problems does not equate to our entire party "reeling."