PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Hunter asks Romney to oppose partnership with Chinese company

Abbey Marie
12-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Also received in an email from the Hunter campaign. I think Romney should at the least, respond to Hunter's letter.

HUNTER AGAIN CALLS ON ROMNEY TO OPPOSE BAIN PARTNERSHIP WITH CHINESE COMPANY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 30, 2007

Columbia , SC. At a press conference held at the South Carolina State Capitol today, Presidential candidate and U.S. Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) again called on Bain Capital, a company founded by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, to drop its strategic partnership with Chinese defense contractor Huawei Technologies in a bid to buy U.S. defense contractor 3Com.

"As the founder of Bain Capital, Governor Romney has an obligation to utilize his influence within the company to terminate the proposed merger between 3Com and Chinese defense contractor Huawei," said Hunter. "In light of China 's refusal to port several American naval vessels last week, it is increasingly more important that American military technology be protected from foreign companies, such as Huawei, that are closely aligned with the Chinese government."

The Washington Times reported today that U.S. intelligence agencies informed the CFIUS review committee, responsible for examining proposed foreign investment transactions, that a merger between 3Com and Huawei would threaten America 's national security. 3Com presently performs vital cyber-security work for the Department of Defense.

"This proposed deal, which Governor Romney can work to terminate should he choose to do so, is unpatriotic and damaging to national security," continued Hunter. As further detailed in a resolution introduced in the House of Representatives, Huawei has close ties to the military of Communist China and allegedly aided Saddam Hussein and the Taliban.

Earlier this month, Hunter sent a letter to Governor Romney requesting that he use his influence as the founder of Bain to terminate the company's partnership with Huawei, including the proposed merger with 3Com. Hunter, who is ranking Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, has not received a response to the letter.

82Marine89
12-01-2007, 10:51 PM
A few weeks back I contacted my congressman, about his military service. So, I sent him an email asking him about it. I also informed him that I had served and I thanked him for his service to this great Nation.

Instead of responding to my email with an email, I received a signed letter in the mail from him. He thanked me for my support and gave me his military history.

U.S. Army 1969-1971
1Lt, Infantry
173rd Airborne Brigade and Company ‘C’ (Ranger),
75th Infantry (Airborne)

Awards and Decorations
Bronze Star
Air Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
Parachutist Badge

That congressman is Duncan Hunter.

Abbey Marie
12-01-2007, 10:54 PM
A few weeks back I contacted my congressman, about his military service. So, I sent him an email asking him about it. I also informed him that I had served and I thanked him for his service to this great Nation.

Instead of responding to my email with an email, I received a signed letter in the mail from him. He thanked me for my support and gave me his military history.

U.S. Army 1969-1971
1Lt, Infantry
173rd Airborne Brigade and Company ‘C’ (Ranger),
75th Infantry (Airborne)

Awards and Decorations
Bronze Star
Air Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
Parachutist Badge

That congressman is Duncan Hunter.

He is the real deal. :salute: And I'll bet he never threw his medals over some wall.

Psychoblues
12-02-2007, 12:04 AM
He is no "real deal", abbey.

He is the real deal. :salute: And I'll bet he never threw his medals over some wall.

I got your neg rep, however, and I suppose you think that I am no "real deal" either. Whatever, the unAmerican ideals of Duncan Hunter and those that support him will not be sustained in the election of 2008 and thank God for that.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2007, 12:19 AM

I got your neg rep, however, and I suppose you think that I am no "real deal" either. Whatever, the unAmerican ideals of Duncan Hunter and those that support him will not be sustained in the election of 2008 and thank God for that.

Post that a woman (and one that I like very much), on this board is a "skank", and that's what happens.

stephanie
12-02-2007, 12:21 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gifDuncan Hunter..the REAL DEAL..http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

theHawk
12-02-2007, 01:47 AM

Yea Duncan Hunter is one of the few candidates, Repub or Dem, willing to take a stand against China's unfair trade practices. How 'unAmerican' of him. :cool:

5stringJeff
12-02-2007, 09:30 AM
1. While I strongly support free trade policies, I do think that we should restrict defense trade with countries like China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc. that are our undeclared, but potential, enemies.

2. Duncan Hunter, for all his good positions, doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. A $30 donation to Jim to run the board for one month says he doesn't last through March 31.

TheSage
12-02-2007, 09:39 AM
THis is what "FREE TRADE" has become jeff. It's Putting business ahead of all other traditionally considered priorities, including national security and self sufficiency. We shouldn't be dealing with china at all, simply for their use of slave labor and the eventual outcome of that, which will be reduction of all humanity to slaves.

How you neocons can now sit buy and STILL support the guys who wants merge chinese and american defense contractors is beyond me. You people need to wake up.

You fascist ring knockers need to consider those NOT employed by the military industrial complex.

5stringJeff
12-02-2007, 09:48 AM
THis is what "FREE TRADE" has become jeff. It's Putting business ahead of all other traditionally considered priorities, including national security and self sufficiency. We shouldn't be dealing with china at all, simply for their use of slave labor and the eventual outcome of that, which will be reduction of all humanity to slaves.

How you neocons can now sit buy and STILL support the guys who wants merge chinese and american defense contractors is beyond me. You people need to wake up.

You fascist ring knockers need to consider those NOT employed by the military industrial complex.

Like I said before, I think that we should restrict defense trade with countries like China. Of course businesses are going to consider profit above all else (or mostly above all else). That's what capitalism is all about. But in the case of national defense, the government has a legitimate reason to intervene in free trade.

And what's more, I don't support Mitt Romney, I support Mike Huckabee.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2007, 01:03 PM
1. While I strongly support free trade policies, I do think that we should restrict defense trade with countries like China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc. that are our undeclared, but potential, enemies.

2. Duncan Hunter, for all his good positions, doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. A $30 donation to Jim to run the board for one month says he doesn't last through March 31.

You may be right, Jeff, but I wonder how you would explain Huckabee's sudden rise in popularity, and why that same upswing cannot happen to Hunter.

5stringJeff
12-02-2007, 02:39 PM
You may be right, Jeff, but I wonder how you would explain Huckabee's sudden rise in popularity, and why that same upswing cannot happen to Hunter.

Huckabee's been campaigning hard in Iowa. Also, he's a "second tier" candidate, whereas Duncan Hunter is more of a "third-tier" candidate. If I didn't post here, I wouldn't even know Hunter was running.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Huckabee's been campaigning hard in Iowa. Also, he's a "second tier" candidate, whereas Duncan Hunter is more of a "third-tier" candidate. If I didn't post here, I wouldn't even know Hunter was running.

You must watch the debates. His excellent answers in the first debate were how I took notice of him. I then checked him out. I think that is the best use of these debates- to get to know someone whom the media is all but ignoring.

For me, it is analogous to wine. If a particular wine is advertised in TV commercials, it is almost always a mediocre to poor wine. Think the old Reunite ads, lol. You have to do a little research to find the gems.

P.S. I'm glad I was able to introduce Hunter to you! :>)