PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite thing about Christmas?

12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Just wanted to start a thread where people can share their thoughts and favorate things about Christmas. I am really excited about it this year for some reason. its great:)

Kathianne
12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to start a thread where people can share their thoughts and favorate things about Christmas. I am really excited about it this year for some reason. its great:)

The reason=no finals.

:laugh2:

Of course, no month off either. :(

Mr. P
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
What's your favorate thing about Christmas?

Memories, sweet memories. That's it for me.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I love sitting in our living room with my husband late at night with just the tree lit and a fire going, with a glass of wine. Perfection if it is also snowing.

I love seeing the excitement on our daughter's face when she opens a particularly great present.

I absolutely love walking around Longwood Gardens at night http://www.longwoodgardens.org/ when it is decorated for Christmas. There is Christmas music, and they decorate the trees on part of their 1,050 acres and indoor and outdoor gradens with a half million lights.

Driving around looking at decorated houses is also fun.

Wrapping presents with my daughter is also a great tradition.

glockmail
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd like to visit the Biltmore during this Christmas. http://www.biltmore.com/g_christmas.asp?CMP=KNC-Google&HBX_PK=biltmore+house&HBX_OU=50

What I like best is the high school Christmas concert. Last year was our first year going and all the kids looked so great in their black and whites. Huge representation as well: band kids as expected, some hippie types cleaned up for the event, but also the boys choir, which last year was about 20 big football types with bass voices. They were all great.

-Cp
12-03-2007, 12:38 AM
I don't favor it anymore than I do anytime of the year.... In fact, I tend to loath the Holidays...

5stringJeff
12-03-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't favor it anymore than I do anytime of the year.... In fact, I tend to loath the Holidays...

I wouldn't use the term "loathe" but I agree, I don't see it as an especially magical time of year.

I do, however, appreciate that there's more football on over the holidays.

-Cp
12-03-2007, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't use the term "loathe" but I agree, I don't see it as an especially magical time of year.

I do, however, appreciate that there's more football on over the holidays.

The word loath is appropriate for me because this time of the year only creates more stress for me as we always end up doing crap out of obligation - after all "It's Christmas".............*bleh*........

diuretic
12-03-2007, 02:01 AM
I don't know if I "like" this but it cracks me up to see Santa in his big red suit and "snow" everywhere and we're walking around in shorts and tee shirts because it's so bloody hot :lol:

Trigg
12-03-2007, 07:37 AM
We give the kids a certain amount of money (5-7$ for each person) and they shop for each other. IT's fun to watch them price check and REALLY think about what the other might want. They have a great time buying and wrapping presents for each other and it teaches them about giving this time of year instead of just getting.

Usually I would say I hate to shop, but this makes it fun.

glockmail
12-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't know if I "like" this but it cracks me up to see Santa in his big red suit and "snow" everywhere and we're walking around in shorts and tee shirts because it's so bloody hot :lol: You're on the wrong side of the gawdamn globe, man!

When you drain the sink does the whirlpool form counterclockwise?

jimnyc
12-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I almost hate to say this, since we're in the religious forum, but it's the truth, and notice I said "almost"!

My favorite thing is seeing the beautiful women dressed up in nice red silk & satin panties and bras! Nothing brings out the Christmas spirit in me more!

Ok, and on a serious note, I absolutely love hearing Silent Night and Little Drummer Boy (the originals) on a cold, dark night - hopefully snowing.

I also still love watching Frosty and Rudolph.

And watching "you're gonna shoot your eye out" is a must see too! Ralphie rocks!

Mr. P
12-03-2007, 09:43 AM
I almost hate to say this, since we're in the religious forum, but it's the truth, and notice I said "almost"!

My favorite thing is seeing the beautiful women dressed up in nice red silk & satin panties and bras! Nothing brings out the Christmas spirit in me more!

Ok, and on a serious note, I absolutely love hearing Silent Night and Little Drummer Boy (the originals) on a cold, dark night - hopefully snowing.

I also still love watching Frosty and Rudolph.

And watching "you're gonna shoot your eye out" is a must see too! Ralphie rocks!

I seldom have the TV on before 7pm, but just this morning I did, and saw a womans underwear commercial. TOO MY surprise a camel paw was CLEARLY VISIBLE! Had to grab me nitro pills!

glockmail
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Must have HD. You mean camelfoot?

-Cp
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Both of you are wrong.. it's called "Camel Toe"....

Mr. P
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Both of you are wrong.. it's called "Camel Toe"....

That's it CP you're right...you perv! :poke:

No HD, Glock...I was very surprised! I know what I saw, seen one ya seen em all.

diuretic
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
You're on the wrong side of the gawdamn globe, man!

When you drain the sink does the whirlpool form counterclockwise?

Yep, location, location...people talk about Christmas on the beach. Not me, I hate sand in my food! :laugh2:

Actually I'll go and check the sink now. brb.

It went clockwise down the kitchen sink. The bathroom hand basin just sort of drained. I flushed the dunny to check and that went anti-clockwise. Uh-oh.......I'm unbalanced...but I knew that anyway :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
12-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Yep, location, location...people talk about Christmas on the beach. Not me, I hate sand in my food! :laugh2:

It went clockwise down the kitchen sink. The bathroom hand basin just sort of drained. I flushed the dunny to check and that went anti-clockwise. Uh-oh.......I'm unbalanced...but I knew that anyway :laugh2:

Clockwise is over-rated. :coffee:

April15
12-03-2007, 05:28 PM
The day after when everybody returns to earth.

manu1959
12-03-2007, 05:42 PM
my favourite thing is the expressions on the faces of my children.....

12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
i like so much about the season.

Music. Ive had Christmas music in my head since the season began. thankfully its good music:)

The spirit of the season. im excited about doing what I can to help people.

i love spending time with the family.

Wearng my santa hat:)

Watching Scrooge the Musical. (Love that version)

Holiday Chex Mix! and Hot cocoa!

there are so many fun things.

Said1
12-03-2007, 06:15 PM

Ha. Ha. That reminds me of the Simpsons.....Bart calls Australia. :laugh2:
I used to do that, until I got caught......at the end of the month.

The best part about Christmas, for me, is presents. I like getting great gifts and I like when people enjoy my gifts. Ilike the decorations and lights too.

glockmail
12-04-2007, 06:35 AM

Interesting. Your toilet prolly has water jets along the rim that start the anti-clockwise rotation, yet your sink drains naturally clockwise. (The hand basin prolly is starting to clog.)

It would seem that the toilet designer assumed that anti-clockwise was the natural rotation. It also appears that he was incorrect.:fart:

truthmatters
12-04-2007, 09:56 AM
We give the kids a certain amount of money (5-7$ for each person) and they shop for each other. IT's fun to watch them price check and REALLY think about what the other might want. They have a great time buying and wrapping presents for each other and it teaches them about giving this time of year instead of just getting.

Usually I would say I hate to shop, but this makes it fun.

That is very cool. I had an only child so we would go do a giving tree kid.
The stores all have them and you pick a name off the tree and see what they want. We would have fun together picking out stuff for the kids we selected. We would always add to the list of things they wanted and tried to figure out from the little bit of information what else the kid might want after we had gotten them what they asked for.

My favorite thing about this time of year is people are nicer to each other. You can help a person in the grocery store and they have no questions about why you are helping them. I try to help people all year long but sometimes you can see in their eyes "what are you after". This time of year they just dont question your kindness.

shattered
12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
i like so much about the season.

Music. Ive had Christmas music in my head since the season began. thankfully its good music:)

The spirit of the season. im excited about doing what I can to help people.

i love spending time with the family.

Wearng my santa hat:)

Watching Scrooge the Musical. (Love that version)

Holiday Chex Mix! and Hot cocoa!

there are so many fun things.

Luckily, they make a Hot Cocoa Chex Mix now. It's good. :D

LOki
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Quail hunting with Dad.