PDA

View Full Version : Wife Snapped these today.....

-Cp
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
On the way up to get our Christmas Tree....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=782&stc=1&d=1196659812

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=783&stc=1&d=1196659901

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=784&stc=1&d=1196660040

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=785&stc=1&d=1196659981

5stringJeff
12-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I hate snow.

Cool pics. :)

-Cp
12-03-2007, 01:09 AM
I LOVE Snow...

diuretic
12-03-2007, 02:02 AM
You've got pointy trees :coffee:

Dilloduck
12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Lived in Minnesota too long to like winter.

truthmatters
12-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Snow is great to visit and sucks to live in and deal with.

-Cp
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM

What's there to "deal with" about it?

5stringJeff
12-04-2007, 07:56 PM

Agreed.

Driving, shoveling, getting cold, getting wet, seeing nothing but white... things like that. Yuck.

glockmail
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Agreed.

Driving, shoveling, getting cold, getting wet, seeing nothing but white... things like that. Yuck.

Where you are, you can look up in the sky and see grey....

5stringJeff
12-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Where you are, you can look up in the sky and see grey....

Yes. Unfortunately, for the next week or so, that's all I'm forecasted to see. :(

KitchenKitten99
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM

-Icy roads
-Icy sidewalks
-icy windows and doors of your car
-salt from the roads just loves to erode the finish of your car
-getting stuck behind a plow when you're in a hurry
-the need for an additional source of income just to fund the increase in buying windshield washer fluid
-fuel economy goes down because of the additives that are put in fuel to keep it from freezing
-having to shovel your driveway because you can't afford a snowblower
-having to wear multiple layers that make you feel fatter than you already are
-idiot drivers who either drive too fast or too slow the second they see a snowflake hit the windshield
-having to bundle the kids up, increasing the time to get ready to go somewhere, even if it is only going to be a 20 minute trip
-snow tracked in by the younger kids who never seem to listen when I tell them to stay by the door to take their stuff off
-the need to constantly be mopping up melted snow that is mixed with salt so it doesn't damage the (real) hardwood floor.
-having to brush off your car at any store/mall
-accidentally stepping in that unseen cold wet spot from the snow that clung to your pantleg and fell on the carpet, with your socks or even bare feet.
-having the snowplows come by and elevate the level of snow, thus blocking your driveway by 18+ inches
-then in spring, with all the melting snow, everything is muddy, brown, and dirty

.... there's more, but I think this list is detailed enough.

-Cp
12-05-2007, 03:07 AM
-Icy roads
-Icy sidewalks - Don't walk on em'
-icy windows and doors of your car - Park in the garage
-salt from the roads just loves to erode the finish of your car - That's what a car wash is for.
-getting stuck behind a plow when you're in a hurry - Pull over and let some other schmoe go behind it or take a diff road
-the need for an additional source of income just to fund the increase in buying windshield washer fluid - Never been a problem - stop using it
-fuel economy goes down because of the additives that are put in fuel to keep it from freezing - huh?
-having to shovel your driveway because you can't afford a snowblower - That's what I have a wife for
-having to wear multiple layers that make you feel fatter than you already are - sounds like a personal problem
-idiot drivers who either drive too fast or too slow the second they see a snowflake hit the windshield - now THAT I agree with
-having to bundle the kids up, increasing the time to get ready to go somewhere, even if it is only going to be a 20 minute trip - make the kids bundle themselves up.
-snow tracked in by the younger kids who never seem to listen when I tell them to stay by the door to take their stuff off - that's what God made belts for - swat em'.
-the need to constantly be mopping up melted snow that is mixed with salt so it doesn't damage the (real) hardwood floor. Got nothing on that one
-accidentally stepping in that unseen cold wet spot from the snow that clung to your pantleg and fell on the carpet, with your socks or even bare feet. Cold socks do suck..
-having the snowplows come by and elevate the level of snow, thus blocking your driveway by 18+ inches - NICE!! I'd love to have that problem..
-then in spring, with all the melting snow, everything is muddy, brown, and dirty - Snow never sticks around here till spring..

glockmail
12-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Yes. Unfortunately, for the next week or so, that's all I'm forecasted to see. :( I lived there for 11 years, and the winter skies were grey for 6-1/2 months, for all but a half-dozen or so days. Only Binghamton is worse.

When I moved to NC my new boss gave me the option of a small office with a window (south exposure) or a large office with no window. That first winter they caught me many times gazing out that window at the perfectly blue sky. "Carolina blue" is what we call it. :D

Hagbard Celine
12-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I hate winter but love snow. Down here in GA we don't get snow too often. More often than not, winter is just a wet, cold mess. This year it's dry and cold :dunno: I hate being cold. I need to move to Miami.

Pale Rider
12-19-2007, 03:19 AM
I hate winter but love snow. Down here in GA we don't get snow too often. More often than not, winter is just a wet, cold mess. This year it's dry and cold :dunno: I hate being cold. I need to move to Miami.

I lived in Tampa for three years. Very tropical. Spent New Years Day on the beach in cut offs drinking beer. It was fun for awhile, but I was real glad to leave.

I'll take Reno, Nevada. It's not too cold, and not too hot. We're right in the middle. It snows, but then melts. But we have mountains around that get tons of snow, like up around Lake Tahoe where they have world class snow skiing. A tradition around here is snow ski and play golf in the same day. Yup. We have the best of both worlds here.

shattered
12-19-2007, 07:11 AM
-Icy roads
-Icy sidewalks
-icy windows and doors of your car
-salt from the roads just loves to erode the finish of your car
-getting stuck behind a plow when you're in a hurry
-the need for an additional source of income just to fund the increase in buying windshield washer fluid
-fuel economy goes down because of the additives that are put in fuel to keep it from freezing
-having to shovel your driveway because you can't afford a snowblower
-having to wear multiple layers that make you feel fatter than you already are
-idiot drivers who either drive too fast or too slow the second they see a snowflake hit the windshield
-having to bundle the kids up, increasing the time to get ready to go somewhere, even if it is only going to be a 20 minute trip
-snow tracked in by the younger kids who never seem to listen when I tell them to stay by the door to take their stuff off
-the need to constantly be mopping up melted snow that is mixed with salt so it doesn't damage the (real) hardwood floor.
-accidentally stepping in that unseen cold wet spot from the snow that clung to your pantleg and fell on the carpet, with your socks or even bare feet.
-having the snowplows come by and elevate the level of snow, thus blocking your driveway by 18+ inches
-then in spring, with all the melting snow, everything is muddy, brown, and dirty

If all of that bothers you, it's really time to move..

Oh, and take your shoes off OUTSIDE, or keep mats inside the door... I have hardwood floors, and no white salt marks.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Yeah, Miami is the closest thing to being in the United States without needing a passport, anymore.

Christmas with Santa who wears "CHORTS" and has a Cuban accent is kinda odd..."WeeWeeChu a Merry Christmas!"