PDA

View Full Version : Baby Boomers owe America's young people an apology

Little-Acorn
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Once again Prager nails it. He states that this is a partial list of things we need to apologize for, and he is right: He left out the War on Poverty, which took a rapidly-decreasing poverty rate and froze it at its 1964 levels; and did not mention Social Security, which has dispossessed more millionaires than all the other tax-collection schemes in this country combined, with no end in sight.

However, he clearly points out some of the things we have inflicted on many of our children.

Click on the link and scroll down to some of the comments made by readers. They come from both sides.

--------------------------------------

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DennisPrager/2007/12/04/baby_boomers_owe_americas_young_people_an_apology? page=full&comments=true

Baby Boomers Owe America's Young People an Apology

By Dennis Prager
Tuesday, December 4, 2007

We live in the age of group apologies.

Rest at link - It's a violation for board rules and fair-use policy to quote entire articles - admin

gabosaurus
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Little-Acorn
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Looks like the left-wingnut tag team in action. Gabby and little haggy taking turns finding posts they don't like but can't think of anything to say about, but replying anyway.

Part of an "I got you last" mentality, I guess? :lol:

Hagbard Celine
12-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Looks like the left-wingnut tag team in action. Gabby and little haggy taking turns finding posts they don't like but can't think of anything to say about, but replying anyway.

Part of an "I got you last" mentality, I guess? :lol:

Awwee. Acorn has a crush on me! I check "No" Acorn. :dance:

typomaniac
12-04-2007, 05:58 PM
But for those of us who know the damage baby boomers as a whole did to you, a heartfelt apology.
Hear, hear: GWB's a baby boomer, and look how much he's done to you!

hjmick
12-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I apologize for nothing.

Pale Rider
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Hear, hear: GWB's a baby boomer, and look how much he's done to you!

Much worse than a baby boomer, bush is a globalist and illegal alien sympathiser. He should be impeached for his actions on such matters, including the way he has ignored the illegal rail road job his border security guards Ramos and Compean have gotten.

typomaniac
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I apologize for nothing.

That's because it's all your fault. :)

darin
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
From the link:

We made you anti-war and almost completely sexualized your lives. We told you that having sex was terrific or at least to be expected, even in early teens, and that your only concerns should be avoiding sexually transmitted diseases and getting pregnant. And if you did get pregnant, we made sure that you could extinguish the life you were carrying as effortlessly and guiltlessly as possible.

We started teaching you about sexuality and homosexuality in early grade school and we taught you how to put condoms on bananas. It is true that we did not grow up learning about these things at such young ages -- certainly our schools never taught us about these things -- but we chalked that up to the preposterous, if not reactionary, values of the 1950s and early 1960s. We had contempt for our parents believing that "Father Knows Best" and "Leave It to Beaver" and "Superman" -- with the show's motto of "truth, justice, and the American way" -- were good things for young people to be exposed to. So we replaced these shows with MTV's mind-numbing parade of three-second images and sex-drenched shows for teenagers. Sorry.

SPOT-ON.

April15
12-04-2007, 06:48 PM
We baby boomers were allowed perhaps the most innocent childhoods known to history. We grew up without material want, in one of the most decent places in world history, with media that preserved our sexual and other innocence, in schools that generally taught us well, and we were allowed childhood play from boy-girl play to rough and tumble boy-boy play to monkey bars.

I guess I missed those luxuries of childhood. I wanted a few things and got nothing. I started work at 13 in a gas station pumping gas for a buck a day. This prager can kiss my ass!

typomaniac
12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
From the link:

SPOT-ON.

Yep: the 1950s and 1960s were so moral, with their institutionalized racism and McCarthy's witch hunts. </sarcasm>

hjmick
12-04-2007, 07:44 PM
That's because it's all your fault. :)

I can live with that. :lol: