PDA

View Full Version : Person of the Year

stephanie
12-05-2007, 02:23 AM
:poke:

Snip..
Brian Williams Veteran journalist who became anchor of NBC Nightly News in 2004, replacing Tom Brokaw

My nominee for 2007 Person of the Year is a woman--a woman with a history of abuse, a woman who has never run for elective office, someone we all know, someone who makes her presence known on a daily basis in all our lives and, for my money, is better than any male alternative. That woman is Mother Earth. I think the environment is the compelling issue of our time.

read the rest of the choices..
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1689222,00.html

Little-Acorn
12-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Lefties like Williams NEVER nominate an actual person to be "Person of the Year", in years when Republicans have done most of the good stuff. Anything but acknowledge that!

The nomination of Bill Cosby isn't bad, though I think there are even more deserving people.

One obvious choice is the one that no one dare touch, after all the leftist screaming: George W. Bush. He's hardly a perfect choice, after his huge spending increases and signing of McCain-Feingold. But M-F wasn't this last year. And he deserves laud for sticking to his guns on embryonic stem cell research and the war against terrorists in Iraq when everyone else was turning tail and running.

Those two issues are now starting to come around, showing that he was right and all the hysterical screamers wrong. Many of us knew most of that already, but it's nice to have proof to quiet those of the southpaw persuasion among us. His guts and persistence on those issues, have brought us one more step away from stone-age barbarism and casual baby-harvesting, and one step closer to peaceful, responsible civilization.

It may be that Bush has done more to influence the course of events in the world this past year, than any other person - the criteria that TIME supposedly uses to pick its "Person of the Year".

But does anyone think Time Magazine will EVER select GWB to be Person of the Year, when we're this close to a pivotal election that may foreshadow the end of extreme-left dominance of the Democrat party?

gabosaurus
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
But does anyone think Time Magazine will EVER select GWB to be Person of the Year, when we're this close to a pivotal election that may foreshadow the end of extreme-left dominance of the Democrat party?

If Time is going to select a terrorist, why not just go with bin Laden? He and Bush are in bed together anyway.

MtnBiker
12-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Try making posts that make sense.

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
If Time is going to select a terrorist, why not just go with bin Laden He Reid and Peloisi are in bed together anyway. FIXED