PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Boils Over

stephanie
12-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Typical article written by a liberal..See how he protrays the republican man asking the question, and then he calls us racist.. ..Also check out Huckabees answer..:poke:

By JOE KLEIN Enlarge Photo
A few days after Thanksgiving, I asked Mike Huckabee what had surprised him about voters over the past six months of campaigning."The intensity of the immigration issue," he said immediately, and then added, "I honestly don't know why it's gotten so hot." Huckabee gets points for candor: most of the presidential candidates I've spoken with in recent months feel the same way but aren't about to say so. It is difficult to spend a day on the trail and not see the anger explode.
This is especially true in the Republican Party. John McCain, the sponsor of immigration-reform legislation, has been a target. During a recent town-hall meeting in Hopkinton, N.H., a heavily muscled young man with closely cropped hair began to shout about "open borders" as the issue "that will destroy this country ... You can't imagine the amount of anger your average European Christian American feels about the multicultural tower of babble." He raised the possibility of "civil war."
McCain usually turns warrior when confronted with such blatant racism,but sensing the heat in the room, he held his fire this time, calmly saying "I will do everything in my power to secure our borders ... But on the larger issue you raise, I believe that people who have come here [legally] from other countries ... are our greatest strength."

There are signs of festering intolerance even among Democratic audiences, noticeably in Iowa, which has seen a surge of Latino immigration in recent years. The Democratic candidates are uniformly in favor of comprehensive immigration reform, including a path to citizenship for those who have entered the country illegally. But they receive sharp--pointed--applause when they say illegals should "have to speak English" before becoming citizens. When I asked Hillary Clinton about that, she said she'd noticed it too and added, "During the 1990s, I cannot remember being asked about immigration ... Why? Because the economy was working ... And average Americans didn't have to go around looking for someone to blame."
Huckabee, who is making gains among working-class conservatives, came to the same conclusion. "There's a lot of underlying [economic] anxiety," he told me. "People are working harder and not getting ahead. There is a disconnect between the insider establishment in the country--and in my party--and the middle class about this. There's a greater divide between the top and bottom than ever before. And worse, people on the bottom are not sure they can get out of the bottom. That's a recipe for real trouble. That's the stuff out of which revolutions are born."

read the rest if you can stomach it..
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1689201,00.html

12-05-2007, 03:24 AM
read it somewhere... might have been here.

my opinion stays the same. Its obvious why its such a big deal. if these people cant figure it out than they arent the candidate for me. Rule of law. Period.

I don't care if people who are black, brown, purple, pink, white, yellow, blue, or any other color or race want to immigrate here. In fact, Ill welcome them to the family. But violating the law is something I don't like. Especially not after I just swore to uphold the rule of law.

Pale Rider
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Typical article written by a liberal..See how he protrays the republican man asking the question, and then he calls us racist.. ..Also check out Huckabees answer..:poke:

McCain usually turns warrior when confronted with such blatant racism, but sensing the heat in the room, he held his fire this time, calmly saying "I will do everything in my power to secure our borders ... But on the larger issue you raise, I believe that people who have come here [legally] from other countries ... are our greatest strength."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1689201,00.html

This article just DRIPS and REAKS of liberal slime, and liberals wonder why us conservatives loath them so at times. It's bull shit like this that does it.

But to comment on liberal McCains comment above, I couldn't disagree more. I don't think immigrants are this countries "greatest strength" AT ALL! Not only do I "think," but I "BELIEVE" that this countries "greatest strength" is it's "LEGAL CITIZENS" that have BEEN HERE FOR GENERATIONS! TRUE Americans. Patriots. Families that their ancestors were here far before the Johnny come lately's that came through Ellis Island. Families who's ancestors fought with George Washington at Valley Forge, and families who's ancestors fought in the Civil War. THOSE PEOPLE are this countries "GREATEST STRENGTH!" Not some muslim that has no intention of ASSIMILATING into America as an AMERICAN. He wants his mosque here, he wants his foot bathes here, he wants to pray seven times a day and get paid for it here, he wants to bring HIS WAY here and make AMERICA into HIS COUNTRY of origin, not make himself into an AMERICAN. FUCK all this immigration. FUCK all this multiculturalism. WE DON'T NEED IT, and it WILL be the ruin of this country. The only solace to this fact is people such as I will get the last laugh when we can say, "I told you so."

Hugh Lincoln
12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
The real "racists" are the jerks like Huckabee and McCain who put the cares and concerns of the Hispanics over that of whites, knowing it will get them popularity with the liberal elite. But not the people. Fuck them both.