PDA

View Full Version : Glenn beck monologue on faith in politics

12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/news/12052007.shtml

I found it amusing and it rings true on a number of levels. And i thought the last two paragraphs were the best:

I may say this, that this is the most important election of our lifetime because we haven't corrected the mistakes of the last election and they're bigger. And you know what? In four years I'll probably say to you -- I hope I don't but I'll probably say, this is it, man, this is the most important election of our lifetime. This isn't a popularity contest. You should vote for the man you feel it going to do the best job, has the best solutions to get this great country back on track. Good heavens. Shucks! We're America. We're the United States of America and somehow or another we have allowed ourselves once again to be convinced that we can't fix the problems! We can fix the problems! But not by being small minded.

If I do decide to vote for Mitt Romney, and I don't know if I'm going to. I haven't made up my mind. I'd like to take a little piece of Mitt Romney, a little piece of Giuliani, a little piece of Mike Huckabee and stitch them all together. A big piece of Duncan Hunter, a piece of Tancredo and, yes, even a little piece of Ron Paul. I'd like to be Dr. Frankenstein, stitch my candidate together and say, it's alive! But because I can't do that, and most likely I'd be arrested and it couldn't get any worse -- well, I guess it could. It could be raining. I'll just have to decide who I'm going to vote for. But I can tell you what. Whatever candidate is I end up backing, it won't be because he's a Mormon and it won't be because he's not a Baptist, and I hope people in my audience feel the same way. I want to know a guy's character. I want to know a guy's values. I want to know how smart he is. I want to know how nimble he is and being able to speak the truth and crush lies. If Mitt Romney gets my vote, it's because I find him to be smart, thoughtful, clearheaded thinker on the issues that matter to me. I don't care if Mitt Romney is a Mormon or not a Mormon, and I plan on telling him that, you know, the next great world meeting where we plot the domination of the Earth and preselect the next winner of American Idol, in the basement of our churches. Shhh.

hjmick
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I think Glenn Beck is underrated.

Abbey Marie
12-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I noticed he said he'd take a "big" piece of Duncan Hunter. So many people like Hunter, yet today, there was a poll on our answering machine asking who I'd vote for if the Republican primary was today. The choices were McCain, Romney, Giulinai, Huckabee, or "Other". :rolleyes: