PDA

View Full Version : Divorce Found To Harm The Environment

stephanie
12-06-2007, 12:38 AM
:rolleyes:

Divorce exacts a serious toll on the environment by boosting the energy and water consumption of those who used to live together, according an article published in the National Academy of Sciences by Jianguo Liu and Eunice Yu, both Michigan State University researchers.

Other findings:

In 2005, divorced American households used between 42 and 61 percent more resources per person than before they separated, spending 46 percent more per person on electricity and 56 percent more on water.
If the divorced couples had stayed together in 2005, the United States would have saved 73 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity and 627 billion gallons of water in that year alone.
Moreover, the divorced households they surveyed used up more space, occupying between 33 and 95 percent more rooms per person than in married households.
"Hopefully this will inform people about the environmental impact of divorce," Liu says. "For a long time we've blamed industries for environmental problems. One thing we've ignored is the household."

read the rest..
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=15326

Yurt
12-06-2007, 12:50 AM
think of all those court documents....

and paper money for the attorney....

this article is lame. i guess i shouldn't eat mexican food because I might need more than one square of toilet paper :cheers2:

stephanie
12-06-2007, 01:04 AM
All these Environment reports coming out of the woodwork now... are starting to sound insane...

I'm still amazed people are buying all this..:poke:

KarlMarx
12-06-2007, 05:08 AM
It's called "grant money" folks......

Remember a few months back when environmentalists accused scientists who denounced global warming as a myth as being on the oil companies' payroll?

Well, it sort of works that way with scientist who support global warming, too. You see, if they want grant money for their research, they have to say "global warming".... this whole global warming thing isn't about consensus it's about extortion.

We'd like to think that scientists are objective, but the fact is that they're influenced by money, too.

stephanie
12-06-2007, 05:32 AM
I guess if it works...:cow:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22879895-5002700,00.html

KarlMarx
12-06-2007, 06:24 AM
I guess if it works...:cow:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22879895-5002700,00.html

they're going to transfer bacteria to cattle to stop global warming.... uh, duh, what if the bacteria proves to be harmful to humans or to the cattle themselves?

Honest to goodness, those people have their heads stuck so far up their asses, if they farted, they'd blow their brains out!

Dilloduck
12-06-2007, 07:06 AM
It's called "grant money" folks......

Remember a few months back when environmentalists accused scientists who denounced global warming as a myth as being on the oil companies' payroll?

Well, it sort of works that way with scientist who support global warming, too. You see, if they want grant money for their research, they have to say "global warming".... this whole global warming thing isn't about consensus it's about extortion.

We'd like to think that scientists are objective, but the fact is that they're influenced by money, too.

Bingo----vultures in the guise of experts on anything that they can bleed some grant money from.:fu: