PDA

View Full Version : This Is Amazing! This Little Girl Is Amazing!

eighballsidepocket
02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Please check out this site and turn on your P.C. sound.

This little girl claims to be blessed by God.

Please express what you folks think.

http://tinyurl.com/yxewot

Nienna
02-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Is she invisible? :D

I can't view anything. :(

The Slayer
02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
She just had a showing here in Boise, not that long ago. My mother said it was amazing..

Abbey Marie
02-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Sorry you can't view it Nienna. You would really love it.

How incredible that Akiane's mother was atheist!

jimnyc
02-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Wow, that was amazing. That little girl has some serious talent. I wish I could get her to do a painting for me, hers are better than most I see at most museums!

Sitarro
02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
She is truely amazing, I can tell you from experience that the eye she has for detail, light and shadow typically takes decades to accomplish if ever. She is a very old soul in a very young body. I have heard that her paintings sell for huge sums.

darin
02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
excellent!! Beautiful work!

Nienna
02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
googled her... that is truly amazing, and inspiring!

eighballsidepocket
02-12-2007, 06:16 PM
googled her... that is truly amazing, and inspiring!

Sorry you couldn't get the media to work.:( Glad you were able to find a website anyway.

Abbey Marie
02-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey Eight, was that Glenn Beck narrating?

Hobbit
02-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey Eight, was that Glenn Beck narrating?

It was indeed. I saw when this was on his CNN show.

The ClayTaurus
02-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Was I the only one who found the whole thing entirely too shmaltzy?

I mean, she's a stellar painter, don't get me wrong, but jeez. I also found it VERY interesting that they made absolutely no mention of her using her talents for profit.

Sitarro
02-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Well, she is 12 years old..... what do you want....cleavage? I'm sure many "progressives" will be turned off by her willingness to speak of her love for God..... silly her, she should know that there is a "scientific" explanation for what she thinks she is experiencing and it's just not cool to talk about a relationship with God.....I mean, really.

an answer to what she wants to do with her money......

“Dream Child” Today’s Christian, Illinois

“Akiane is hoping to use her amazing gift to help feed needy children around the world. When asked why she thinks she received the gift, Akiane thinks that she has been blessed by God for one reason and one reason only, and that is to help others.”

How selfish of her!

“The fine arts phenomenon” The Press, Post Falls, Idaho

…an 8 year-old prodigy’s paintings and poetry attract experts’ attention.
We are not aware of any other expert who has been able to offer a plausible explanation for how a person is so accomplished to master this, when never afforded years of experience. Akiane is probably the only visual arts prodigy to have mastered realism. Every other prodigy has mastered forms such as either cubism or abstraction. Which means, frankly, that you don’t know if they made a mistake. But realism is considered the most difficult to master. Akiane’s art is only one facet of what makes her so special. Her poetry is as much in her heart and soul as are her paintings. You can justifiably call her an old soul in a young person’s body. One sees the expression on the face she has brushed on
the canvas and then realizes where it is coming from.”

Looks like this author agrees with what I wrote in my other post about an old soul in a young body.:cool:

Abbey Marie
02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Was I the only one who found the whole thing entirely too shmaltzy?

I mean, she's a stellar painter, don't get me wrong, but jeez. I also found it VERY interesting that they made absolutely no mention of her using her talents for profit.

Clay, you are going to be an amazing guy once you allow your heart to soften up a bit. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

The ClayTaurus
02-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Clay, you are going to be an amazing guy once you allow your heart to soften up a bit. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gifBut I have such curmudgeon potential!

Abbey Marie
02-13-2007, 02:44 PM
But I have such curmudgeon potential!

Ha! Men seem to reach their full curmudgeon potential at around age 80.