PDA

View Full Version : A killer wine-site

-Cp
12-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I love this guy's fun-approach to wine:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="370" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/2409ca78/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/2409ca78/" width="437" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

http://tv.winelibrary.com

PostmodernProphet
12-06-2007, 07:57 PM
this guy clearly looks at wine differently than I do......I have never looked for an "earthy muddy" aroma in my red wines before......I'm sort of old fashioned....I like my wine to taste like fermented grapes......

-Cp
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
this guy clearly looks at wine differently than I do......I have never looked for an "earthy muddy" aroma in my red wines before......I'm sort of old fashioned....I like my wine to taste like fermented grapes......

Oh.. I have - I've even tasted the "Dirty sock", dirt, chocolate, tobacco, flint and other stuff...

You should try some of this methods on there (as seen on his conan o'brien taping) to help educate your pallet.

PostmodernProphet
12-07-2007, 05:40 PM
actually, he lost me when he poured some wine in the glass, swished it around and POURED IT OUT......I wanted to reach in the picture and slap him around......nah, I was at WalMart this afternoon and saw that Wild Vines Blackberry wine was on sale for $3.14 a bottle.....works for me.......

darin
12-07-2007, 05:53 PM
wow. PmP - C'mon over for dinner - bring your family. We'll do some wine and help ya 'mature' your taste. :D

manu1959
12-12-2007, 12:57 AM
anyone trying all the new spanish wines.....went to a spanish wine dinner a few weeks back....amazing stuff under $20 some of it over 90 points:cheers2:

Pale Rider
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
anyone trying all the new spanish wines.....went to a spanish wine dinner a few weeks back....amazing stuff under $20 some of it over 90 points:cheers2:

Gimme some Beringer White Zinfandel and I'm good. The sparkling white zin is even better. $9 a bottle. Anything with a dry, earthy, sock taste and I'm likely to spit it out. :puke:

manu1959
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Gimme some Beringer White Zinfandel and I'm good. The sparkling white zin is even better. $9 a bottle. Anything with a dry, earthy, sock taste and I'm likely to spit it out. :puke:

white zin!.......dude that is the drink of choice in the castro.....you may want to rethink that choice.....

Pale Rider
12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
white zin!.......dude that is the drink of choice in the castro.....you may want to rethink that choice.....

I like Cadilacs too. Does that make me black? :laugh:

OCA
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
actually, he lost me when he poured some wine in the glass, swished it around and POURED IT OUT......I wanted to reach in the picture and slap him around......nah, I was at WalMart this afternoon and saw that Wild Vines Blackberry wine was on sale for $3.14 a bottle.....works for me.......

Oh my! You are like big pile of wet clay that I could mold into a big beautiful bold Cabernet lover.

Blackberry wine indeed!:talk2hand:

OCA
12-14-2007, 09:48 PM

White zin! Holy shit! Do you wear pink socks too you freakin sidewinder?:laugh2:

OCA
12-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I like Cadilacs too. Does that make me black? :laugh:

God no! Cadillacs are probably the best made American car.................ever.