PDA

View Full Version : Jenna on Ellen

Sitarro
12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
This is pretty funny. I love how The President blows off Ellen and just concentrates on his daughter.

http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_Nays/2007/12/6/Jenna-Calls-Daddy-Live-on-Ellen

darin
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm wondering if the President will have his phone number changed now? :)

Hagbard Celine
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah, because being rude to people is a great attribute and is something to aspire to. :rolleyes: Why do you have to infer something negative about such an innocent exchange? It must be rough going through life being such a hater.

hjmick
12-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I didn't think the President blew off Ellen at all, but that's just my opinion. I think he treated the unexpected call during the taping of a nationally syndicated talk show with all the seriousness it warranted.

Anywho...

As a result of this interview, Bush Sr. apparently invited Ellen to dinner. It seems he was pleased with the interview and the treatment of Jenna and the President.

Curiously, this isn't the first time Bush Sr. and Ellen have broken bread.

Pale Rider
12-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah, because being rude to people is a great attribute and is something to aspire to. :rolleyes: Why do you have to infer something negative about such an innocent exchange? It must be rough going through life being such a hater.

You couldn't have listened to it Hag, because the President was nothing less than a very polite gentleman.

Unless it's YOUR "Bush HATRED Syndrome" kicking in... :rolleyes:

Hagbard Celine
12-07-2007, 12:35 PM
You couldn't have listened to it Hag, because the President was nothing less than a very polite gentleman.

Unless it's YOUR "Bush HATRED Syndrome" kicking in... :rolleyes:

I'm not saying he was rude at all. I called it an "innocent exchange." I'm simply calling-out Sitarro for being a hater. Why else would someone be gleeful about another person's percieved rudeness?

Sitarro
12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Once again it is assumed that I said something I didn't. Did President Bush try to bullshit Ellen in a long drawn out conversation like Bill Clinton or any other politician would have? No, he didn't, he was cordial but didn't waste any time bullshitting her by pretended he cared about her or her awful show. He concentrated on his daughter, not much of a politician, but a great father...... that is what I liked.

Ellen, on the other hand, is not funny nor a decent interviewer. The only reason she is still on TV is the fact that she is a lesbian, just like Rosie.

Hagbard Celine
12-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Once again it is assumed that I said something I didn't. Did President Bush try to bullshit Ellen in a long drawn out conversation like Bill Clinton or any other politician would have? No, he didn't, he was cordial but didn't waste any time bullshitting her by pretended he cared about her or her awful show. He concentrated on his daughter, not much of a politician, but a great father...... that is what I liked.

Ellen, on the other hand, is not funny nor a decent interviewer. The only reason she is still on TV is the fact that she is a lesbian, just like Rosie.

Yeah, their sexual orientation is what's keeping them on the air :rolleyes: It has nothing to do with ratings or anything like that. :rolleyes: :slap:

-Cp
12-07-2007, 01:11 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QH5fHOGst-E&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QH5fHOGst-E&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

dan
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
"Jenna on Ellen"

Man, I thought this thread was going to be more exciting than this.

12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
"Jenna on Ellen"

i thought it was going to be more SCARY than this

Yurt
12-07-2007, 08:03 PM
i thought it was cute.

Kathianne
12-07-2007, 08:19 PM

How was he rude?

Said1
12-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I thought that was great. Probably set up though. :laugh2:

Yurt
12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I thought that was great. Probably set up though. :laugh2:

I was thinking that too, but damn, Jenna is a great actress then. In the end, I actually think it was real. Very short, he kept saying how much he loved his daughter, that wasn't scripted, that was the real deal from Bush.

Abbey Marie
12-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Jenna is adorable.

(and I like Ellen, too).

Roadrunner
12-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Did anyone notice that after the telephone call, before the station went to break, Ellen said "we'll be right back with Jenna to talk about her book." When they returned from break, there was no Jenna available to talk about her book. There was no explanation given as to why that planned activity did not take place.

Hagbard Celine
12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
How was he rude?

:poke:I didn't say he was. Refer to post six genius. :rolleyes:

5stringJeff
12-11-2007, 10:14 AM
"Jenna on Ellen"

That was my thinking too! :D

Pale Rider
12-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm not saying he was rude at all. I called it an "innocent exchange." I'm simply calling-out Sitarro for being a hater. Why else would someone be gleeful about another person's percieved rudeness?

I reread it, and you're right. Sorry.