PDA

View Full Version : Senator McCain has earned my vote..........

nevadamedic
12-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I have decided that I will be voting for McCain for President in the primaries and the general election.

I have been a supporter of his for years and the only reason I decided I wasn’t going to vote for him and vote for Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo or Rudy Giuliani was his support for the Kennedy Amnesty Bill. Unfortunately what the media printed regarding this bill and Senator McCain’s stance was not correct and I am sure rival campaigns had a part to play with that. McCain does not support Amnesty in now way, shape or form. He entered into the bill writing process to at least get a compromise since the Democrats were really going to screw us as usual. He got the parts about a stronger verification, a boarder fence and more boarder agents and law enforcement dedicated to tracking and arresting illegals.

Senator McCain has done a lot for this country, even before he was elected to the Senate. If everyone remembers that he is a decorated veteran, a war hero and was a POW held for over 5 years being tortured ever single day of that period. He is a hero in every sense of the word.

Senator McCain has made some very important promises that I know he can keep.

His main promise is that he will either capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. I think he has the best chance out of all the candidates because of his distinguished service record. He is a decorated military officer and leader. He has the strategic knowledge and experience that the other candidates don’t have. Besides the Clinton’s already have had the chance to get Bin Laden but they royally screwed that up because Bill Clinton was and is a coward.

Senator McCain Clintons have already had the chance. Military experience.

I also think that Senator McCain is the best chance we have of taking out the Liberals in this election. Giuliani will lose a lot of Republican votes (either they wont vote or will vote for his opponent or write a name in) because of his stance on Abortion and Guns. Multiple Choice Mitt flips more then a pancake and his religion are going to hurt him and not to mention he is a liar and a hypocrite. Hucklebee and Paul don’t stand a chance. Hucklebee’s position on giving Illegal’s scholarships and his weak stance on High Risk Sex Offenders is a dangerous position and Paul is just nuts and the majority of people realize that. Unfortunately Hunter and Tancredo don’t have the recognition to beat Hillary although they are awesome candidates.

Ideally I would love to see Senator McCain and Duncan Hunter on the same ticket, I think they would be unstoppable.

hjmick
12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Uh...why did you stick this in the |Entertainment/Movies section?

Just curious...

82Marine89
12-08-2007, 10:15 PM
McCain's backing of the amnesty measure undercuts his claim of representing conservative voters as he seeks the GOP presidential primaries in 2008. But the worst part about the proposed Kennedy-McCain bill is the crystal-clear message it sends to wannabe illegals around the globe: Come here, America will cave, and eventually you will be granted citizenship. (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/1/25/131758.shtml)

nevadamedic
12-08-2007, 10:20 PM
McCain's backing of the amnesty measure undercuts his claim of representing conservative voters as he seeks the GOP presidential primaries in 2008. But the worst part about the proposed Kennedy-McCain bill is the crystal-clear message it sends to wannabe illegals around the globe: Come here, America will cave, and eventually you will be granted citizenship. (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/1/25/131758.shtml)

He only got involved in the Amnesty bill to compromise and get a lot of what the Democrats were proposing deleted from it.

82Marine89
12-08-2007, 10:34 PM
He only got involved in the Amnesty bill to compromise and get a lot of what the Democrats were proposing deleted from it.

Really?

"Examine the bill," was Sen. John McCain's response to a question at Tuesday's GOP presidential debate, asking if the new immigration bill before Congress is amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Referring to opponents of the legislation who say that the proposed pathway to citizenship amounts to amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants, the Arizona Republican said, "Honestly, with people like that, and I respect their views, anything short of deportation is, quote, 'amnesty.' "

"What we're doing is making it very tough and making them pay heavy penalty for having violated our laws," McCain said in explaining the immigration bill he helped craft.

Among the proposed requirements for illegal immigrants seeking to stay in the United States, they would have to go through a years-long process for permanent residency or eventual citizenship, pay a fine, and leave the U.S. for their home country and apply for reentry.

McCain has had to defend his position on immigration while on the campaign trail and during the presidential debate in the key primary state of New Hampshire. (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/05/mccain-its-not-amnesty/)