PDA

View Full Version : Bush Denies Troop Funding, what a jerk!!!!!!

Psychoblues
12-09-2007, 12:27 AM
You just can't play politics when it comes it to our TROOPS!!!!!!

By CARL HULSE and SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: December 9, 2007

WASHINGTON, Dec. 8 — The White House budget director warned on Saturday that President Bush was prepared to veto a $500 billion spending package being assembled in Congress if Democrats pushed for too much additional money for domestic programs.

Jim Nussle, the director of the Office of Management and Budget, accused Democrats of trying to tie money for combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan to what the president considers excessive spending for federal agencies and home-state projects.

“Instead of trying to leverage troop-funding for more pork-barrel spending, Congress ought to pass responsible appropriations bills and the funding for the troops our commanders say they need to build on their battlefield success,” Mr. Nussle said.

Democratic leaders accused the White House of responding hastily to news accounts of the proposal, which is being developed behind closed doors. They said Democrats were determined to devote more resources to national needs like homeland security and law enforcement.

Much More: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/washington/09spend.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Or can you?

PostmodernProphet
12-09-2007, 07:49 AM
lol, so Bush is playing politics with federal funding.....well I am sure glad the Democrats didn't stoop so low as to try that.....rolf..........

it's stupid shit like this that keeps Congress's approval rating even lower than Bush's...........

Joe Steel
12-09-2007, 07:55 AM
You just can't play politics when it comes it to our TROOPS!!!!!!

By CARL HULSE and SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: December 9, 2007

WASHINGTON, Dec. 8 — The White House budget director warned on Saturday that President Bush was prepared to veto a $500 billion spending package being assembled in Congress if Democrats pushed for too much additional money for domestic programs.

Jim Nussle, the director of the Office of Management and Budget, accused Democrats of trying to tie money for combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan to what the president considers excessive spending for federal agencies and home-state projects.

Too much money for peace. Not enough for war. This is America! We can't have that.

April15
12-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Congress should just flat out not send any money for the war! Place restrictions on any bill with money and revoke the act giving him war authority.

Dilloduck
12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Congress should just flat out not send any money for the war! Place restrictions on any bill with money and revoke the act giving him war authority.

They are too afraid of losing their jobs to do that.

Joe Steel
12-09-2007, 01:26 PM

I'd love to see it; but these Democrats might as well be Republicans when it comes to giving Bush money for war. They're so afraid of what the conservative mainstream media will do them if they don't, all they have the guts to do is cave-in.

Dilloduck
12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I'd love to see it; but these Democrats might as well be Republicans when it comes to giving Bush money for war. They're so afraid of what the conservative mainstream media will do them if they don't, all they have the guts to do is cave-in.

Just who is the conservative mainstream media anyway? They must be pretty powerful if they can control congress.

MtnBiker
12-09-2007, 01:32 PM
But, the last election was about the war(supposedly) and the dems gained control of the house. Have the dems failed you?

Leave the dem party, go Green!

Joe Steel
12-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Just who is the conservative mainstream media anyway? They must be pretty powerful if they can control congress.

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and, of course, Fox.

NY Times and Washington Post.

Time and Newsweek.

All of them do nothing but repeat Republican talking points. They might as well be run by the RNC.

Dilloduck
12-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Time and Newsweek.

All of them do nothing but repeat Republican talking points. They might as well be run by the RNC.

Give me an example of ABC,CBS,NBC or CNN repeating Republican talking points.

April15
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I'd love to see it; but these Democrats might as well be Republicans when it comes to giving Bush money for war. They're so afraid of what the conservative mainstream media will do them if they don't, all they have the guts to do is cave-in.Sad but true!

Joe Steel
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
But, the last election was about the war(supposedly) and the dems gained control of the house. Have the dems failed you?

Leave the dem party, go Green!

Failed?

At least.

More accurately, embarrassed.

Joe Steel
12-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Give me an example of ABC,CBS,NBC or CNN repeating Republican talking points.

Why?

If you don't know it now, you never will.

Joe Steel
12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Sad but true!

I could understand and accept defeat after a good fight but they don't even try to fake a fight. They just quit.

nevadamedic
12-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I could understand and accept defeat after a good fight but they don't even try to fake a fight. They just quit.

I'm sure you do accept defeat, you get defeated on a daily basis.

Joe Steel
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm sure you do accept defeat, you get defeated on a daily basis.

Really?

Where?

April15
12-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I could understand and accept defeat after a good fight but they don't even try to fake a fight. They just quit.How can they quit if the first step is not taken. I am very disappointed.

5stringJeff
12-09-2007, 04:49 PM
revoke the act giving him war authority.

If the Dems had any balls whatsoever, they would have already done this.

5stringJeff
12-09-2007, 04:50 PM

Time and Newsweek.

I've got something to help you do some self-diagnosis.

http://www.icongrouponline.com/Health/jacket/0497003430.jpg

Pale Rider
12-09-2007, 05:01 PM
All I have to do is see that one of resident, frothing at the mouth, bush hatred syndrome, liberals posted this, and the link is to the nytimes, and I know it's bull shit.

No further reading or comment is needed.