PDA

View Full Version : Best 9-11 book of them all

gabosaurus
12-09-2007, 12:29 AM
I just finished reading a book called "Inside 9-11: What Really Happened". It was written by the staff of the German news magazine Der Spiegel.
One primary difference between this book and so many others is that there no opinions expressed and no speculations made. Every page is full of meticulously researched facts. Magazine staffers tracked down and interviewed thousands of subjects, from both sides of the confrontation. Survivors, widows, friends and families of the terrorists, all sorts of people.

Reading the book changed my opinions on some things and informed me on countless other issues. I gained a new understanding on many issues.
One of the most eye-opening parts of the book (to me) is interviews with the actual planners and architects of the WTC buildings. They explained how the Twin Towers were sort of square "Christmas trees" -- the core foundation was in the middle, with the floors spread out from the center. It was built to withstand 200 MPH winds and large megaton bombs.
What happened with the two planes was that they so large and traveling so fast that they smacked the center "core" of the buildings. The impact and generated heat caused the buildings to collapse upon themselves.

The Pentagon story is interesting as well. They took the most experienced pilot and had him fly almost parallel to the ground in order to make that kind of hit.

If you are interested, read the book. It is totally fascinating. Some of you will not like it because it approaches the story from both sides.

dan
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Sounds interesting!

jackass
12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
What happened with the two planes was that they so large and traveling so fast that they smacked the center "core" of the buildings. The impact and generated heat caused the buildings to collapse upon themselves.

Can you PLEASE explain this simple fact to "others" on the board? Thanks!