PDA

View Full Version : Israel No Nuclear Threat To Neighbors, Says Gates

Psychoblues
12-09-2007, 12:36 AM
What? Me worry?

By Kristin Roberts

MANAMA (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates defended Israel's nuclear program on Saturday, saying the Jewish state did not seek to destroy its neighbors or support terrorism, unlike Iran.

Asked at the Manama Dialogue conference whether he thought Israel's nuclear program posed a threat to the region, Gates replied: "No, I do not."

The statement was greeted by laughter from a room filled with government officials from Middle Eastern countries.

Israel is widely assumed to have the region's only atomic arsenal, but refuses to confirm or deny it. Washington has long avoided pressing Israel to go public with its capabilities.

Gates did not specifically mention Israel's nuclear weapons or arsenal, but responded to questions about its "nuclear program" -- giving the Pentagon chief room to dismiss any suggestion that he implicitly confirmed the existence of nuclear weapons in Israel.

He dismissed the allegation that the United States applied a double standard on the nuclear issue by supporting Israel while calling for Iran to abandon its enrichment activities, which Tehran says are for peaceful purposes.

"Israel is not training terrorists to subvert its neighbors. It has not shipped weapons into a place like Iraq to kill thousands of innocent civilians covertly," Gates said.

"It has not threatened to destroy any of its neighbors. It is not trying to destabilize the government of Lebanon.

Much More: http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSL0866169420071208

Great piece. I suggest you read it before responding.

gabosaurus
12-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Of course not!! :lmao:

I trust Israel as much as I trust Iran and Saudi Arabia. They are all basically terrorist states.

Psychoblues
12-09-2007, 12:54 AM
You silly goose!!!!!!!!!

I trust Israel as much as I trust Iran and Saudi Arabia. They are all basically terrorist states.

Israel is not an oil producing nation. Have you no shame or education? Obviously you didn't heed my warning and actually read the article.

5stringJeff
12-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Really? How many Israeli suicide bombers have you seen in the past decade? I've lost count of all the Arab suicide bombers.

Sir Evil
12-09-2007, 10:07 AM
What? Me worry?

Of course not, crack open a Bud, and Fugetaboutit!!!

gabosaurus
12-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Israel doesn't use suicide bombers. They use guns, tanks, missiles and aircraft.
Different method, same result.
Suicide bomber blows up a market -- people die.
Army troops fire into a market -- people die.

Psychoblues
12-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Are you also a silly goose, SE?

Of course not, crack open a Bud, and Fugetaboutit!!!

You know damn well I drink Busch and I tend to gently peel the tab on top so as not to destroy the pique or obstruct the emasculating aroma promised by the creator. Do I need to go on?

Psychoblues
12-12-2007, 03:20 AM
How about the enormous damge caused by the ever so sophisticated rocks and sticks?

Israel doesn't use suicide bombers. They use guns, tanks, missiles and aircraft.

Why would anyone attack an F-16 with only a rock or a stick?

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2007, 12:25 AM
excellent point

gabosaurus cant actually think, so she morally equates everything.

Really? How many Israeli suicide bombers have you seen in the past decade? I've lost count of all the Arab suicide bombers.

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2007, 12:26 AM
we shouldnt allow children at the adults table

Psychoblues
12-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Although I would hesitate at calling the 5Stringer a child I think you are correct on this one, martin.

we shouldnt allow children at the adults table

The answers my friend, are blowing in the wind.

5stringJeff
12-29-2007, 10:25 AM

Using an army to fight terrorists is not terrorism.