PDA

View Full Version : New Rule:

manu1959
02-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to "beef with broccoli." The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

trobinett
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
What did I miss?

manu1959
02-12-2007, 09:09 PM
What did I miss?

ah come on.....you are under 30 huh?

KitchenKitten99
02-12-2007, 11:23 PM
my cousin wanted a kanji tattoo that meant peace or something, but I talked her out of it because I asked her how she knew for sure what the symbol meant. For all she knew, it means 'stupid blonde' or anything mean. Plus Kanji tats are a dying trend, but one that you can't just change like clothing or hair.

manu1959
02-12-2007, 11:24 PM
my cousin wanted a kanji tattoo that meant peace or something, but I talked her out of it because I asked her how she knew for sure what the symbol meant. For all she knew, it means 'stupid blonde' or anything mean. Plus Kanji tats are a dying trend, but one that you can't just change like clothing or hair.

probaly said "this side down"

Roopull
02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Trob's probably heard this one but...

Several years ago, a lady friend of mine was lusting after a "tramp stamp" tattoo... you know, one of those just above the ass crack that advertises to the world, "ImaWhore?" Anyhoo, she really liked the tats with the moon, stars & sun in them... so, she got a fancy Islamic Crescent. She didn't know that's what it was, but being a Methodist, it sent a confusing message.:uhoh:

Hobbit
02-13-2007, 04:58 PM
One of the things that pisses off the tattoo artists the most is just calling it a 'Kanji' tattoo, and it's a mistake mostly propogated by the widespread obsession with Japan, and anime specifically. Most tattoo artists capable of creating the desired effect are Chinese. Kanji is a Japanese character set nearly identical to the Chinese alphabet, but with just enough differences in syntax to be almost unique, much like Spanish and Portuguese, but with fewer differences. Despite the fact that we tend to lump Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, etc. into the catch-all 'Asian' minority, they're distinct cultures with millenia-old grudges and animosity. Remember Pai Mei from Kill Bill 2? Yeah, that's what a lot of Chinese think of the Japanese. So when a teenage bimbo asks a Chinese tattoo artist for a 'Kanji' tattoo that says 'love,' that would be like a French snob asking a Texan for Mexican chile with beans, or a backwoods hillbilly asking a Philly Cheese Steak place in Philidelphia for a grilled hamburger sandwich.

So when a Chinese tattoo artist writes 'whore' on your butt instead of 'peace,' you know why.