PDA

View Full Version : Undocumented Contractors vs Undocumented Aliens

Yurt
12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Watched a show on NBC about contractors who operate without a license. NBC proudly called them "Illegal Contractors." When NBC asked them why they operated illegally, the replies were:

have to feed the kids
everybody hustles man, just doing the hustle
my work is good, i don't need the license
have to take care of the family

I was amazed the lib news did not call them "Undocumented Contractors." Now, why is it the liberal media has no problem calling these people illegal, but yet has a problem calling people who are in this country unlawfully, "illegal?"

Both use pretty much the same excuse, have to have a better life, etc... Both are crimes. And, the illegal contractors almost always cost the homeowner more money, thus, stealing from this countries economy for their own personal gain.

82Marine89
12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
In California, a lot of the unlicensed contractors also happen to be illegal aliens. Specifically landscapers, painters, and masons.

JohnDoe
12-10-2007, 12:27 AM
I didn't realize that anyone had a problem with the word "illegal", I thought the word "alien" is where the problem stood with the immigrants?

Illegal alien verses illegal immigrant.....

so now it is "illegal" that has some people upset? vs "undocumented"?

I honestly did not know that....

I wonder if undocumented "alien" would be okay or will the PC police get me on that too?

so, for the sake of getting this thing all straight, is the only "proper" thing to say, undocumented immigrant?

Oh boy oh boy, this is just too much for me to remember!!!! hahahahaha....geez louise!

jd

Yurt
12-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I didn't realize that anyone had a problem with the word "illegal", I thought the word "alien" is where the problem stood with the immigrants?

Illegal alien verses illegal immigrant.....

so now it is "illegal" that has some people upset? vs "undocumented"?

I honestly did not know that....

I wonder if undocumented "alien" would be okay or will the PC police get me on that too?

so, for the sake of getting this thing all straight, is the only "proper" thing to say, undocumented immigrant?

Oh boy oh boy, this is just too much for me to remember!!!! hahahahaha....geez louise!

jd

Its real simple:

You break the law, you are acting illegally. You don't have a license to drive, you are driving illegally. You don't have a license to be a contractor, you are an illegal contractor. You are in this country without the proper licenses or permits, you are here illegally and are thus an illegal.

Pretty simple JD

JohnDoe
12-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Its real simple:

You break the law, you are acting illegally. You don't have a license to drive, you are driving illegally. You don't have a license to be a contractor, you are an illegal contractor. You are in this country without the proper licenses or permits, you are here illegally and are thus an illegal.

Pretty simple JD

yes yurt, I understand that thoroughly mr cool man wearing those Vans, hahahahaha.....I was just pretending to have my blonde wig on.....illegal is illegal in my book and the word illegal isn't going to disappear from my language anytime soon.

;)

jd