PDA

View Full Version : Futurama Bender's Big Score

nevadamedic
12-09-2007, 11:13 PM
I just bought this, and it looks awesome. It's the new Furutama full length movie. Has anyone seen it? Here's the synopsis.........

Proving that you just can't keep a good animated series down, Bender's Big Score revives the Futurama crew in a full-length feature (reportedly, the first of four which will later be broken down into individual episodes for television broadcast) chock full of the satiric touches that made the Matt Groening series a cult favorite among sci-fi and animation fans. In true Futurama form, the plot of Big Score is proudly ridiculous: At its core, it's about alien telemarketers with a plan to steal Earth's most valuable historical objects, who use e-mail viruses to cripple Planet Express and take control of belligerent robot Bender; the latter carries out their scheme via a time-travel code tattooed on Fry's backside. This allows for all manner of subplots involving Fry's return to the 20 th century, romantic confusion between Fry and Leela (Katey Sagal), and a host of cameos ranging from Kwaanza-bot (Coolio) and Zapp Brannigan to Al Gore (voiced by the real former vice-president, who once again displays an offbeat sense of humor).

Futurama is about one of the funniest cartoons to ever hit the screen and im sure this will be great, even with Al Gore in it. Im going to watch it now and i'll fill you guys in on if it's worth seeing or not! :salute:

dan
12-10-2007, 11:21 PM
I'll probably rent this. I never found Futurama to be laugh-out-loud funny, but I enjoy it okay. However, that may be because I only saw it on Adult Swim, and when I watch Adult Swim, I'm looking for shows with a more stoner, absurdist humor style. To me, Futurama is like Mission Hill or Home Movies, not hilarious, but decent enough.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I'll probably rent this. I never found Futurama to be laugh-out-loud funny, but I enjoy it okay. However, that may be because I only saw it on Adult Swim, and when I watch Adult Swim, I'm looking for shows with a more stoner, absurdist humor style. To me, Futurama is like Mission Hill or Home Movies, not hilarious, but decent enough.

It's like the Simpsons but with a lot more humor and adult humor. I watched it and it is really good, I can't wait for the other three full length Futurama movies to come out as I will definantly buy them too. This one is definantly worth buying as well for anyone with any doubts.