PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee stands by Aids statement

12-10-2007, 04:20 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071209/ap_on_el_pr/huckabee

WASHINGTON - GOP presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee said Sunday he won't run from his statement 15 years ago that AIDS patients should have been isolated.

Huckabee acknowledged the prevailing scientific view then, and since, that the virus that causes AIDS is not spread through casual contact, but said that was not certain. He cited revelations in 1991 that a dentist had infected a patient in an extraordinary case that highlighted the risk of infection through contact with blood or bodily fluids.

"I still believe this today," he said in a broadcast interview, that "we were acting more out of political correctness" in responding to the AIDS crisis. "I don't run from it, I don't recant it," he said of his position in 1992. Yet he said he would state his view differently in retrospect.

I am not entirely sure the article title and the story are saying the same thing. Seems to me that Huckabee isnt standing by his statement by saying he would state his view differently. But assuming the article is accurate, I just have to say kudos for Huckabee for staying consistant on this. I agree that acting out of political correctness rather than fixing the problems is ridiculous.

Traditionally, people with high risk diseases would be quarantined. political correctness prevents this from ever happening and i think that could be dangerous down the line.

In regards to Aids though, I am not sure how a quarantine would have been possible even if it was politically correct. The main problem with the disease is HIV lies dormant for long periods of time and it won't even show up in tests until months after the HIV is present and even were the person quarantined at that very second, there was still months where the quarantine wouldn't have been effective and the disease would have been able to spread without any problems.

However, the fact that he stands by his statements is admirable. even if the position wouldnt be very strong or effective.

12-10-2007, 04:20 AM
I also wanted to add, i think this clearly demonstrates that the media is setting up Huckabee just to rip him back down. it's what they do.

Pale Rider
12-10-2007, 04:29 AM
I also wanted to add, i think this clearly demonstrates that the media is setting up Huckabee just to rip him back down. it's what they do.

Yup. The man out front is the one with the big target on his back.

But I remember when there were only a few aides cases way back when, and I also remember talk about putting them in quarantine. I don't know why they didn't, although if I was to venture a guess, I'd say it would have something to do with the homosexual agenda. They cried, they won. Now they've spread their sick ass faggot disease to everyone.

12-10-2007, 04:35 AM
Yup. The man out front is the one with the big target on his back.

But I remember when there were only a few aides cases way back when, and I also remember talk about putting them in quarantine. I don't know why they didn't, although if I was to venture a guess, I'd say it would have something to do with the homosexual agenda. They cried, they won. Now they've spread their sick ass faggot disease to everyone.

It was exactly a PC problem. One of the solutions were to clothes the bath houses where there was indiscriminate sex with multiple partners. despite the high risks for the disease, the political agenda of the free sex/gay communties won out over logic. The result were millions of misguided people died.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071209/ap_on_el_pr/huckabee

I am not entirely sure the article title and the story are saying the same thing. Seems to me that Huckabee isnt standing by his statement by saying he would state his view differently. But assuming the article is accurate, I just have to say kudos for Huckabee for staying consistant on this. I agree that acting out of political correctness rather than fixing the problems is ridiculous.

Traditionally, people with high risk diseases would be quarantined. political correctness prevents this from ever happening and i think that could be dangerous down the line.

In regards to Aids though, I am not sure how a quarantine would have been possible even if it was politically correct. The main problem with the disease is HIV lies dormant for long periods of time and it won't even show up in tests until months after the HIV is present and even were the person quarantined at that very second, there was still months where the quarantine wouldn't have been effective and the disease would have been able to spread without any problems.

However, the fact that he stands by his statements is admirable. even if the position wouldnt be very strong or effective.

Fuck Huck.

12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Fuck Huck.

no thanks. I prefer women.

April15
12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I heard him say that and I agree that it made me feel that this is a man who is comfortable with his mistakes and with being able to change as new information come. At the time in the 80's quarenteen was thought to be the answer.

5stringJeff
12-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I heard him say that and I agree that it made me feel that this is a man who is comfortable with his mistakes and with being able to change as new information come. At the time in the 80's quarenteen was thought to be the answer.

For a high school assignment in 1993, I advocated quarantine of people who were HIV positive. It was presented as a legitimate option, though I did write that civil rights would be violated if the government did that.