PDA

View Full Version : *Huckabee Makes Sense: CWN APPROVED*

chesswarsnow
12-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Looks like Huckabee is gathering some major momentum now.
2. He is making a lot of sense with whats wrong with this Nation.
3. Even over shadowing Mitt, in his own back yard.
4. His recent trip to Mormon Country.
5. Huckabee's looking strong, read this:

http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/jonesboro/afhuckabee08.asp

"

Huckabee: U.S. gave up on religion
School shootings were wake-up call, he says
LINDA S. CAILLOUET
ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

SALT LAKE CITY -- Government may have dropped the ball in modern American society, but religion dropped it first, Gov. Mike Huckabee told Southern Baptist pastors Sunday night.
"The reason we have so much government is because we have so much broken humanity," he said. "And the reason we have so much broken humanity is because sin reigns in the hearts and lives of human beings instead of the Savior."
Huckabee, an ordained Southern Baptist minister, addressed his contemporaries at the two-day Pastors' Conference, which continues today. The three-day Southern Baptist Convention begins Tuesday here in the heartland of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the city in which the Mormons have their world headquarters.
Huckabee told the pastors gathered in the Salt Palace Convention Center that while the March 1, 1997, tornadoes which struck Arkansas were tragic, at least the devastation could be clearly seen from a helicopter. In contrast, he said, the catalysts for the nation's recent school shootings -- including the one March 24 near Jonesboro that left four students and a teacher dead and 10 others wounded -- were harder to see but were driven by "the winds of spiritual change in a nation that has forgotten its God."
"Government knows it does not have the answer, but it's arrogant and acts as though it does," Huckabee said. "Church does have the answer but will cowardly deny that it does and wonder when the world will be changed."
The shootings were just one more wake-up call to the nation, he said.
"I fear we will turn and hit the snooze button one more time and lose this great republic of ours."

"
6. There's more, click the link.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Pale Rider
12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
He's already in the toilet as far as I'm concerned. He's soft on illegal aliens, raised taxes while governor, and pushed to have a convicted rapist set free that raped and killed afterwards.

Like him if you want. I think he's a turd, and I'd never vote for him.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Looks like Huckabee is gathering some major momentum now.
2. He is making a lot of sense with whats wrong with this Nation.
3. Even over shadowing Mitt, in his own back yard.
4. His recent trip to Mormon Country.
5. Huckabee's looking strong, read this:

http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/jonesboro/afhuckabee08.asp

"

Huckabee: U.S. gave up on religion
School shootings were wake-up call, he says
LINDA S. CAILLOUET
ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

SALT LAKE CITY -- Government may have dropped the ball in modern American society, but religion dropped it first, Gov. Mike Huckabee told Southern Baptist pastors Sunday night.
"The reason we have so much government is because we have so much broken humanity," he said. "And the reason we have so much broken humanity is because sin reigns in the hearts and lives of human beings instead of the Savior."
Huckabee, an ordained Southern Baptist minister, addressed his contemporaries at the two-day Pastors' Conference, which continues today. The three-day Southern Baptist Convention begins Tuesday here in the heartland of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the city in which the Mormons have their world headquarters.
Huckabee told the pastors gathered in the Salt Palace Convention Center that while the March 1, 1997, tornadoes which struck Arkansas were tragic, at least the devastation could be clearly seen from a helicopter. In contrast, he said, the catalysts for the nation's recent school shootings -- including the one March 24 near Jonesboro that left four students and a teacher dead and 10 others wounded -- were harder to see but were driven by "the winds of spiritual change in a nation that has forgotten its God."
"Government knows it does not have the answer, but it's arrogant and acts as though it does," Huckabee said. "Church does have the answer but will cowardly deny that it does and wonder when the world will be changed."
The shootings were just one more wake-up call to the nation, he said.
"I fear we will turn and hit the snooze button one more time and lose this great republic of ours."

"
6. There's more, click the link.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Chess, you know your my friend right but are you FUCKING NUTS?

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 12:48 PM
He's already in the toilet as far as I'm concerned. He's soft on illegal aliens, raised taxes while governor, and pushed to have a convicted rapist set free that raped and killed afterwards.

You forgot that he raised a shitload of taxes while Governor and didn't feel bad about it and would rather give illegal children scholarships over American Children.

12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I completely disagree that Church has dropped the ball at all. Maybe his church has. But i see Churches all over there helping the poor, reaching out to the afflicted, standing up for whats right.

And I can't imagine that the crowd in Salt Lake was terribly crowded.

Pale Rider
12-10-2007, 01:30 PM

You forgot that he raised a shitload of taxes while Governor and didn't feel bad about it and would rather give illegal children scholarships over American Children.

I'll tell you nm, when you QUOTE me, and then make a post like you did above, it makes it real hard for me to think you're even sane. WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY?

For Christ sake man, READ!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!

Sitarro
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM

I agree, I'm not interested in having an ordained Southern Baptist Pastor for President. I'm not interested in another lawyer either, I want a business leader...... Steve Jobs for President!

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I'll tell nm, when you QUOTE me, and then make a post like you did above, it makes it real hard for me to think you're even sane. WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY?

For Christ sake man, READ!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!

I wasn't paying attention, my hatred of Hucklebee took over. But you didn't put that he would rather give Illegal's scholarships over American Citizens.

Sitarro
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I can't really trust eyes like these.........

Pale Rider
12-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree, I'm not interested in having an ordained Southern Baptist Pastor for President. I'm not interested in another lawyer either, I want a business leader...... Steve Jobs for President!

Hey... believe it or not, I'd vote for Steve Forbes. :salute:

12-10-2007, 02:10 PM

That be great if he was running. But the only business man i know of running is Mitt Romney. Of course he has both a JD and MBA although i dont know if he ever passed a bar exam. he is clearly better known for his business leadership.

Sitarro
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey... believe it or not, I'd vote for Steve Forbes. :salute:

I was ready to vote for Forbes when he ran.

Sitarro
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
That be great if he was running. But the only business man i know of running is Mitt Romney. Of course he has both a JD and MBA although i dont know if he ever passed a bar exam. he is clearly better known for his business leadership.

I didn't mean any offense to you Av, when I refer to lawyers in general I am talking about the ones that do more damage than good..... I certainly don't see you that way nor my nephew who just passes the Washington state bar exam.

I do like a lot about Romney..... the problem with Steve Jobs is that he actually made Al Gore a member of his board......yuck, obviously not a good judge of character!

12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I didn't mean any offense to you Av, when I refer to lawyers in general I am talking about the ones that do more damage than good..... I certainly don't see you that way nor my nephew who just passes the Washington state bar exam.

I do like a lot about Romney..... the problem with Steve Jobs is that he actually made Al Gore a member of his board......yuck, obviously not a good judge of character!

oh dont worry about it. i didnt think you were refering to me. I make fun of lawyers just as much as anyone else.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 03:25 PM

Actually if you want a real businessman as a President then vote Donald Trump!

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 03:26 PM

You actually like Multiple Choice Mitt?

April15
12-10-2007, 05:21 PM
This is not good news. I am liking Huckabee more and more.

manu1959
12-10-2007, 05:29 PM

you know i was having this exact discussion at a dinner party this weekend.....

we need someone that actually knows how to run a business and lead....

12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
You actually like Multiple Choice Mitt?

i love the fact that all you have is insults. Shows how strong a candidate he is.

12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
you know i was having this exact discussion at a dinner party this weekend.....

we need someone that actually knows how to run a business and lead....

And how many people in the race have those qualifications?

Pale Rider
12-10-2007, 06:31 PM
And how many people in the race have those qualifications?

I'm expecting my men Tancredo and Hunter to fall by the wayside here anytime soon. But after that, I'll be pulling for Romney.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm expecting my men Tancredo and Hunter to fall by the wayside here anytime soon. But after that, I'll be pulling for Romney.

You realize Multiple Choice Mitt supports sanctuary cities right?

Pale Rider
12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
You realize Multiple Choice Mitt supports sanctuary cities right?

No... nm... he does not. Please get educated with the facts before you spout such lies... http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=9545

chesswarsnow
12-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I like Huck!
2. But I understand there are still questions about him.
3. He is right on a bunch of stuff.
4. And seems like he is pulling away from the crowd now.
5. I still like Fred more, and Mitt, two great guys.
6. We will have to see where this goes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I like Huck!
2. But I understand there are still questions about him.
3. He is right on a bunch of stuff.
4. And seems like he is pulling away from the crowd now.
5. I still like Fred more, and Mitt, two great guys.
6. We will have to see where this goes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas I don't care much for Huckelberry but if he gets the nomination I will vote for him. THE only [R] I could not vote for is that KooK Ron Paul

chesswarsnow
12-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

I don't care much for Huckelberry but if he gets the nomination I will vote for him. THE only [R] I could not vote for is that KooK Ron Paul

1. I second that!:laugh2:
2. Ron Paul is the second coming of Ross Perot.
3. Two total screw ups!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
This is not good news. I am liking Huckabee more and more.Your right thats some scary shit :dance:

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
No... nm... he does not. Please get educated with the facts before you spout such lies... http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=9545

Actually he just changed his position on that after Tancredo made it one of his stances.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't care much for Huckelberry but if he gets the nomination I will vote for him. THE only [R] I could not vote for is that KooK Ron Paul

If Hucklebee or Multiple Choice Mitt get the nomination not only am I voting for Hillary but I will campaign for her as well.

82Marine89
12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
If Hucklebee or Multiple Choice Mitt get the nomination not only am I voting for Hillary but I will campaign for her as well.

Another fair weathered American posts at DP.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Damn straight! Fuck Huck.

OCA
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM

You got that correct.

12-10-2007, 11:07 PM

well thats a shame. but its up to you. what are you going to do if Hillary doesnt get the nomination?

chesswarsnow
12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I've had some chances to listen to Huckabee, he ain't all that bad Nevadamedic, he isn't perfect, amongst them, but who is really?
2. All of them have some negatives they carry around.
3. Especially Hillary, she is not electable, and or ever will be.
4. There's already a ground swell over Huckabee, and so far, he has done well in deflecting the newest attacks on him.
5. The parole thingy.
6. He's prepared, for more onslaughts, and seems to keep a cool head, amazingly cool.
7. I am starting to like his chances.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I've had some chances to listen to Huckabee, he ain't all that bad Nevadamedic, he isn't perfect, amongst them, but who is really?
2. All of them have some negatives they carry around.
3. Especially Hillary, she is not electable, and or ever will be.
4. There's already a ground swell over Huckabee, and so far, he has done well in deflecting the newest attacks on him.
5. The parole thingy.
6. He's prepared, for more onslaughts, and seems to keep a cool head, amazingly cool.
7. I am starting to like his chances.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ive always thought Huckabee was not getting the notice he should. I predicted a few months ago that the last two standing will be him and Mitt. Whether or not its going to happen. who can say. But I think Rudy and Thompson made some mistakes writing off the early races.

chesswarsnow
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

Ive always thought Huckabee was not getting the notice he should. I predicted a few months ago that the last two standing will be him and Mitt. Whether or not its going to happen. who can say. But I think Rudy and Thompson made some mistakes writing off the early races.

1. Also worth consideration is, Huckabee's a Southern Man.
2. Far more likely to pull enough votes to win in that case.
3. Mitt is from up north, which will hurt him.
4. Thompson is a Southern Man, which helps him.
5. Maybe Huckabee/Thompson will be *The Ticket*
6. *Two Southern Men*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
well thats a shame. but its up to you. what are you going to do if Hillary doesnt get the nomination?

What is a shame is when someone plays the "If I don't get what I want, I'll screw the rest of you to be spiteful" card. Screw what's good for the country, I want to have it my way. That's why this great Nation is so fucked up.

12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
What is a shame is when someone plays the "If I don't get what I want, I'll screw the rest of you to be spiteful" card. Screw what's good for the country, I want to have it my way. That's why this great Nation is so fucked up.

but this nation is also good because there are hundreds of thousands of good men and women willing to stand up for what's right.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 11:42 PM

Not screw the rest of the people. Romney is not a man of integrity. The things he said about Ronald Reagan and how he would never be like him because he is garbage is just aweful. He said that for over 15 years until he decided to run for President and then he realized being like Reagan would only help his chances. This guy is a joke.

To answer Avatar's question I would vote for anyone who opposes him unless it's Obama Bin Laden then I will just vote none of the above.

82Marine89
12-10-2007, 11:53 PM
but this nation is also good because there are hundreds of thousands of good men and women willing to stand up for what's right.

This is a great Nation. Thank God there are more that love Her than Hate Her. It's just the spiteful ones that act like little children really grate on my nerves.

82Marine89
12-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Not screw the rest of the people. Romney is not a man of integrity. The things he said about Ronald Reagan and how he would never be like him because he is garbage is just aweful. He said that for over 15 years until he decided to run for President and then he realized being like Reagan would only help his chances. This guy is a joke.

To answer Avatar's question I would vote for anyone who opposes him unless it's Obama Bin Laden then I will just vote none of the above.

If you haven't realized it by now,99% of politicians lick their finger and hold it up to the political winds. They use polls and the infamous town hall meetings to dictate how they will govern. Paul, Tancredo and Hunter seem to be the exception this year.

12-11-2007, 12:49 AM

that man willing to vote for Hillary is complaining about integrity.

people who dont change their views to some degree after decades haven't learned anything.

OCA
12-11-2007, 06:14 AM
If you haven't realized it by now,99% of politicians lick their finger and hold it up to the political winds. They use polls and the infamous town hall meetings to dictate how they will govern. Paul, Tancredo and Hunter seem to be the exception this year.

There is no exception to that rule. Democrats are Repubs and Repubs are Demos and electing either will not change squat, pick your issue.

You see they know this, its the same every election cycle, they blow smoke up your ass to get elected then govern pretty much doing nothing or the exact opposite of what they said. They know that no 3rd party has a chance so in reality they don't give a shit if the people like it or not, they know there is no other choice, we will continue to eat the same shit and there isn't a damn thing that can be done about it.

chesswarsnow
12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But in America, this Nation was founded on Christian Doctrine.
2. America as its aged has slipped further and further away from that.
3. I would say on the most part, its the lawyers fault.
4. Those tearing this Nation apart, making its foundation weaker by the minute.
5. The biggest contributor is, the ACLU.
6. If any organization needs to be banned its that one.
7. How long will they continue to rape this Country?
8. How long shall we keep silent?
9. Huckabee claims he's for the retaking of America by its roots of *Christian Founders*.
10. I can support a person who has the nerve to let that fall from his lips in a political speech for *The Presidency of the United States of America* in *Mormon Country*, within the boundaries of his fellow competition Mitt Romney.
11. This Nation has slipped in *Religious Leadership*, and if this isn't corrected, and soon, American values are threatened, and even our Freedom to practice our Faith is at risk.
12. If Americans who have Faith and are not willing to stand up for it, then they shall suffer for it, as was spoken by the Lord, himself, "Those of you that deny me before men, I shall deny before my Father, those who stand with me I shall proclaim to the Father". (Not exact quote)
13. Christians in America need a man that defends Christian Works, and America is a *Christian Work*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
He's soft on illegal aliens,

You know, Pale, your own link showed that he's not soft on illegals. He's not quite Tancredo, but he's certainly not soft.

5stringJeff
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM

You are totally fucking nuts.

Pale Rider
12-11-2007, 11:10 AM
You know, Pale, your own link showed that he's not soft on illegals. He's not quite Tancredo, but he's certainly not soft.

I guess I'd be more accurate to say, "he used to be soft on illegals." He still wants to give the kids of illegal aliens college tuition. He can kiss my ass for that.

Pale Rider
12-11-2007, 11:12 AM

That has to be THE WORST thing I've seen you say to date.

And you claim you're not a liberal... :poke:

Bullshit.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2007, 03:27 PM

Wow. What is it about Hillary that you like better than these two?

Hobbit
12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Say what you will about Huckabee, but he's a quick learner, and his heart is in the right place.

As far as tax increases go, over time, taxes stayed about the same, despite there being more tax increases than decreases. This is because the decreases were larger. You also have to be familiar with local politics and the fact that the Arkansas Supreme Court mandated changes to government education in Arkansas that were going to require a LOT of money...fast.

He's also changed his mind on immigration since he was in office. The Arkansas voters quickly saw to it that illegals wouldn't get in-state tuition, so I think it's a lesson learned there. The only 'soft' part I've seen on him recently is trying to decide how to handle the poor saps who get dragged here illegally by their parents. Now, I'm all for a crack-down, but zero tolerance leads to problems, as we've seen in schools. I met an illegal once who was dragged here at 3 years old, spoke accent-less, fluent English, and had served several years in the Army. I'd be willing to give him a pass, anyway.

Oh, and then there's his ace in the hole...the FairTax.

I also won't entertain any arguments about the FairTax that make it painfully obvious that you've never read the FairTax book or H.R. 25 and relied solely on others for your research, as seems to be the norm among all but one opponent I've seen so far.

5stringJeff
12-12-2007, 10:17 AM
I guess I'd be more accurate to say, "he used to be soft on illegals." He still wants to give the kids of illegal aliens college tuition. He can kiss my ass for that.

And I absolutely disagree with that stance, although I do understand his reasoning behind it.

Yurt
12-12-2007, 08:48 PM

WTF?

Kathianne
12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
This pretty much summarizes my take on Huckabee and why I wouldn't vote for him:

http://www.stephenbainbridge.com/punditry/comments/personal_presidential_elimination_process_the_case _of_mike_huckabee/

Personal Presidential Elimination Process: The Case Against Mike Huckabee

In my continuing quest to decide which (if any) of the GOP candidates to support in the 2008 Presidential primaries, we come back to the case of Mike Huckabee. I’ve joked in the past about never giving Hope, Arkansas, another chance at the presidency, but more serious and substantial reasons for eliminating Huckabee have now become apparent. Here’s a few in no particular oder:

1. He’s a wowser. Consider, for example, that he supports a national smoking ban. They’re just bad policy (see my TCS column).

2. He’s a religious bigot, as Hugh Hewitt points out (granted, Hugh’s got an agenda; i.e., boosting Romney, but that doesn’t make him wrong):

Huck asks in this Sunday’s New York Times Magazine, “Don’t Mormons believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers?”

No word yet on whether the former Arkansas governor asked if the Jews killed Jesus or if Catholics pray to Mary as a god.

3. He sounds pretty homophobic, as Andrew Sullivan points out:

The revelations of his previous statements about gay people and people with AIDS are immensely depressing but should hardly be surprising. The views Huckabee held were much more common in 1992 than now - although even then, Huckabee’s callous sentiments were irrational, outside any scientific consensus, ignorant for 1992, and clearly based on animus. I don’t doubt he will distance himself from those early statements about HIV, just as even Jesse Helms did in his later years. But I wonder if Huckabee will be able to distance himself from the statements about gay people as such. Watching every Republican debate this year, you can see how no one ever dares take a position that could be deemed in any way supportive of gay people, understanding of the challenges many gay people face in a sometimes hostile world, let alone supportive of those of us constructing stable relationships.

I disagree with aspects of Sullivan’s positions on issues such as gay marriage, but Sullivan’s absolutely right about the callous nature of Huckabee’s comments. A Huckabee nomination, moreover, would simply prolong the divisive culture wars. In the long run, this is a losing issue for the GOP. As a Barna Group poll found:

Today, the most common perception is that present-day Christianity is “anti-homosexual.” Overall, 91% of young non-Christians and 80% of young churchgoers say this phrase describes Christianity. As the research probed this perception, non-Christians and Christians explained that beyond their recognition that Christians oppose homosexuality, they believe that Christians show excessive contempt and unloving attitudes towards gays and lesbians. One of the most frequent criticisms of young Christians was that they believe the church has made homosexuality a “bigger sin” than anything else. Moreover, they claim that the church has not helped them apply the biblical teaching on homosexuality to their friendships with gays and lesbians.

The GOP brand image of an “unloving” attitude towards gays and lesbians, as well as its positions on a variety of other social issues, seems increasingly likely to cost the GOP among younger voters. There are issues where one must draw a line in the sand, such as respect for all life, including the unborn variety, but I’m not convinced that issues arising out of someone’s sexual identity is among them.

4. Speaking of respect for life, Huckabee supports the death penalty. Although I freely acknowledge (and, indeed, have insisted upon) the moral differences between the death penalty and abortion, I was persuaded by John Paul II that:

Nowadays, in America as elsewhere in the world, a model of society appears to be emerging in which the powerful predominate, setting aside and even eliminating the powerless: I am thinking here of unborn children, helpless victims of abortion; the elderly and incurably ill, subjected at times to euthanasia; and the many other people relegated to the margins of society by consumerism and materialism. Nor can I fail to mention the unnecessary recourse to the death penalty when other “bloodless means are sufficient to defend human lives against an aggressor and to protect public order and the safety of persons. Today, given the means at the State’s disposal to deal with crime and control those who commit it, without abandoning all hope of their redemption, the cases where it is absolutely necessary to do away with an offender ‘are now very rare, even non-existent practically’”. (Pope John Paul II, Ecclesia in America January 1999)

I’d like to hear some Presidential candidate articulate a consistent respect for all life, even the hardened criminal variety.

5. Speaking of hardened criminals, is Wayne Dumond Huckabee’s Willie Horton?

6. He’s clueless on foreign policy.

7. Huckabee’s a serial tax hiker.

8. He’s probably a closet economic populist, as the Club for Growth noted:

Governor Huckabee’s record on pro-growth, free-market policies is a mixed bag, with pro-growth positions on trade and tort reform, mixed positions on school choice, political speech, and entitlement reform, and profoundly anti-growth positions on taxes, spending, and government regulation.

Ditto from Cato:

On its annual governor’s report card, Cato gave Huckabee an “F” for fiscal policy during his final term, and an overall two-term grade of “D.” Only four governors had worse scores, and 15 Democratic governors got higher grades, including well-known liberals like Ted Kulongoski of Oregon, Rod Blagojevich of Illinois, and Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania.

But Huckabee doesn’t just embrace big government in the form of big taxes. He truly appears to believe that if something is a good idea it should be a federal government program.

For example, having become health conscious while losing more than 120 pounds (a remarkable feat), he now calls for a national smoking ban. Because he believes that “art and music are as important as math and science” in public schools, he wants these programs funded—and thus, directed and administered—federally.

Huckabee is, incidentally, the only Republican candidate for president who opposes school choice.

Huckabee has called for increased federal spending on a variety of programs from infrastructure to health care. He wants more energy subsidies, including, naturally, more subsidies for ethanol. In fact, he supports increased agricultural subsidies generally. He is the only Republican candidate who opposes President Bush’s veto of the Democrats’ proposed expansion of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, and he is skeptical of most conservative proposals for entitlement reform.

Calling himself “a different kind of Republican,” Huckabee often appears to be channeling John Edwards or Lou Dobbs. He rails against high corporate profits and attacks free trade agreements. As governor, he raised the minimum wage and increased business regulation. He says it is “a biblical duty” to pass more regulation to fight global warming.

In sum, Mike Huckabee may be a “different” kind of Republican. He’s also the wrong kind.
Posted on Wednesday, December 12 2007

chesswarsnow
12-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. If Old Huckabee is all this, he won't go very far.
2. If it is made up and no proof behind it, he will perhaps get the bid.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas