PDA

View Full Version : Vick gets 23 months

hjmick
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Well, it looks like the judge likes dogs, he went five months over what many thought would be the maximum of eighteen months. I believe the most he will get off according to federal guidelines is fifty one days. Will any NFL team want him when he's done serving his time? Will the NFL let him come back?

He's also facing state charges.

As a dog lover myself, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Vick is getting off easy.

Little-Acorn
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Good to know that popularity doesn't deflect justice. This time, anyway.

theHawk
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm a dog lover too, but I think its a bit rediculous to jail a man for so long over killing dogs. We slaughter animals all the time for consumption, but no one wants to think about that. We live in a society where we value the life of pitbulls over that of an unborn baby. We let pedophiles roam the streets but feel we need to jail someone for setting up stupid dog fights.

manu1959
12-10-2007, 11:48 AM
wow.....every other celebrity has gotten off easy....except mike tyson of course....

Immanuel
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
wow.....every other celebrity has gotten off easy....except mike tyson of course....

Martha Stewart got the shaft as well.

It is possible this may be fallout on all the celebrities who do get off easy.

I think Barry Bonds and his attorney had better take heed of this because they are out to get the "celebrity". We wouldn't want the court to appear to go easy on celebrities now would we?

Immie

glockmail
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I gotta feeling this dipshit won't be so tough in his cell with "Tiny".

Little-Acorn
12-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm a dog lover too, but I think its a bit rediculous to jail a man for so long over killing dogs.
He tortured them too, and did it repeatedly over a period of years. That's what they really got him for.

To me, the puzzle is not why his sentence was so long. It's why sentences for the other things you mentioned, are so short.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, it looks like the judge likes dogs, he went five months over what many thought would be the maximum of eighteen months. I believe the most he will get off according to federal guidelines is fifty one days. Will any NFL team want him when he's done serving his time? Will the NFL let him come back?

He's also facing state charges.

As a dog lover myself, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Vick is getting off easy.

While in jail they need to torture him like he did those poor dogs. It takes a really evil man to do something like that. If you look at him in his pictures you see a cold and evil person. 23 months? he should have gotten six times that much. I hope they hit him with state charges as soon as he is close enough to get out of prison so he has to do more time. I also think he should have a lifetime ban from the NFL.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm a dog lover too, but I think its a bit rediculous to jail a man for so long over killing dogs. We slaughter animals all the time for consumption, but no one wants to think about that. We live in a society where we value the life of pitbulls over that of an unborn baby. We let pedophiles roam the streets but feel we need to jail someone for setting up stupid dog fights.

He didn't just slaughter them he tortured them. He also didn't slaughter them for consumption he slaughtered them to be a bad ass infrount of his dog fighting friends since god knows he didn't need the money.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 12:59 PM

I think Barry Bonds and his attorney had better take heed of this because they are out to get the "celebrity". We wouldn't want the court to appear to go easy on celebrities now would we?

Immie

Martha Stewart got off easy.

Immanuel
12-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Martha Stewart got off easy.

Like heck she did. They made an example out of her. She didn't do anything that those who had prosecuted her would not have done if they have not done it. They went after her because of who she was. Had it been a nobody like me, they would not even have spent the time investigating the "crime". It was a high profile case that the prosecutor expected to become famous over and he ruined her life for his 15 minutes of fame.

Immie

Abbey Marie
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Vick deserves to be very scared and very uncomfortable for his entire jail sentence.

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Like heck she did. They made an example out of her. She didn't do anything that those who had prosecuted her would not have done if they have not done it. They went after her because of who she was. Had it been a nobody like me, they would not even have spent the time investigating the "crime". It was a high profile case that the prosecutor expected to become famous over and he ruined her life for his 15 minutes of fame.

Immie

Insider trading is nothing? You know what when you go from being an Illegal to getting your American Citizenship then you can come talk to me.

Immanuel
12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Insider trading is nothing? You know what when you go from being an Illegal to getting your American Citizenship then you can come talk to me.

The punishment she received was not appropriate for the crime she commited. I didn't say it was nothing. Put your glasses on and try reading what I wrote. The point is that they made an example of her, the prosecutor saw fame and fortune and that was the ONLY reason behind the prosecution of Martha Stewart.

Immie

theHawk
12-10-2007, 04:14 PM
To me, the puzzle is not why his sentence was so long. It's why sentences for the other things you mentioned, are so short.
Its not just that. To me putting someone in prison is a pretty big deal. You're essencially saying that that person is so dangerous to society that he must be locked up away from the public. Vicks treatment of his fight dogs was really bad, but does that make him a threat to society? If you want to make him 'pay for his crimes' then fine him. Fine him alot of money. It just seems like a whole lot of wasted tax dollars to keep this man locked up, as if he were some sort of threat to the rest of us...all while shitbag murderers and rapists often get off scott free due to our joke of a justice system.

manu1959
12-10-2007, 04:32 PM

Immie

martha got off easy....

and barry will go to prision as well....

good thing kobe drilled that white chick in the ass a few years ago or he would be takin it now....

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
The punishment she received was not appropriate for the crime she commited. I didn't say it was nothing. Put your glasses on and try reading what I wrote. The point is that they made an example of her, the prosecutor saw fame and fortune and that was the ONLY reason behind the prosecution of Martha Stewart.

Immie

There are people doing 10+ years for insider trading, she got off easy because of her celebrity status.

Immanuel
12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
There are people doing 10+ years for insider trading, she got off easy because of her celebrity status.

Um, NVM, here is a clue... she wasn't even convicted or charged in court for Insider Trading. She was charged with obstruction of justice and lying to investigators... which translates to nothing more than, "I am the prosecutor. I know you are guilty of something but cannot prove it. You have made me look like the jackass that I am, but I am going to get the last laugh".

Fast forward to several months later after the verdict is read for Obstruction of Justice charges.

"Muwhahahahahahahahahaha... I told you I would get the last laugh"

She did not get off easy. That prosecutor could not prove the crime so he went after her to save face.

Need a link? Here you go... http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/05/news/companies/martha_verdict/

Stewart convicted on all charges

Jury finds style maven, ex-broker guilty of obstructing justice and lying to investigators.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A jury found Martha Stewart guilty Friday on all four counts of obstructing justice and lying to investigators about a well-timed stock sale, and the former stockbroker turned style-setter could face years in jail.

Immie

JackDaniels
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM

How stupid are you?

Martha Stewart was not convicted of insider trading. Get your facts straight you uneducated fuck.