TUESDAY EVENING...

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
TUESDAY EVENING.

FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET...POSSIBLY MIXED AT TIMES WITH SNOW...WILL
DEVELOP AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. PRECIPITATION WILL GRADUALLY
CHANGE TO MOSTLY FREEZING RAIN TUESDAY MORNING. PRECIPITATION
COULD FALL RATHER HEAVILY AT TIMES LATE TONIGHT AND TUESDAY
LEADING TO THE POTENTIAL FOR RAPID ICE ACCUMULATIONS...ESPECIALLY
ON ELEVATED OBJECTS SUCH AS TREES AND POWER LINES.

PRESENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT PORTIONS OF THIS WATCH AREA COULD
RECEIVE IN EXCESS OF A HALF INCH OF ICE...IN ADDITION TO SOME
SLEET AND SNOW ACCUMULATIONS. TEMPERATURES COULD RISE ABOVE
FREEZING AND PRECIPITATION TURN TO ALL RAIN DURING THE AFTERNOON
TUESDAY...PARTICULARLY SOUTH OF I-88 AND I-290. FARTHER NORTH
TOWARD THE WISCONSIN BORDER PRECIPITATION MAY REMAIN FREEZING RAIN
THROUGH THE DAY TUESDAY.

ANY SMALL CHANGE IN THE FORECAST TEMPERATURE...EITHER AT THE
SURFACE OR ALOFT...WOULD HAVE DRASTIC IMPLICATIONS ON THE EXPECTED
PRECIPITATION TYPE AND AMOUNTS. PERSONS PLANNING TRAVEL ACROSS
THE WATCH AREA TUESDAY SHOULD CLOSELY MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND
STATEMENTS ON THIS DEVELOPING WINTER STORM.

gabosaurus
12-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Exactly why I don't live there. Or anyplace in the north.
I prefer Southern California weather. Or what passes for such.

Sitarro
12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I know what you mean, it's going to get pretty cold later in the week here.....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I know what you mean, it's going to get pretty cold later in the week here.....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

ah, but you'll be having such glorious weather along about July and August, won't you?

jackass
12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I miss that weather!! I am going to PA this weekend. I REALLY am hoping for some snow!!

glockmail
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
73 F here today. :laugh2:

Classact
12-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I've been thinking about you guys, yesterday my wives car broke down and I had to tow it back to our mechanic's garage (about 45 miles)... I remember telling my wife, at least it isn't cold and snowing...

Today it rained and for two days in a row I had a good excuse for not cutting the grass... It was about 85F with 35 MPH gusts of wind and rain... raw winter weather... still in shorts with no shirt at home with windows, front and back door open... Feel sorry for me because the mosquitoes are killing us in this wet weather.

Kathianne
12-10-2007, 08:45 PM
I've been thinking about you guys, yesterday my wives car broke down and I had to tow it back to our mechanic's garage (about 45 miles)... I remember telling my wife, at least it isn't cold and snowing...

Today it rained and for two days in a row I had a good excuse for not cutting the grass... It was about 85F with 35 MPH gusts of wind and rain... raw winter weather... still in shorts with no shirt at home with windows, front and back door open... Feel sorry for me because the mosquitoes are killing us in this wet weather.

I hate you too! :laugh2:

Trigg
12-11-2007, 01:23 PM
:smoke:

I feel your pain.

Although at least today it's warmed up above freezing and we don't have freezing rain like Sunday.

I hate this stuff, I WANT SNOW

Trigg
12-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Even with the crappy weather this week I don't miss Florida..humidity, roaches, lovebugs, HEAT, and I certainly don't miss New Orleans...stinky, nasty hot weather and all it does is rain during the winter.

darin
12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Kath - you don't know how good you have it. That's GREAT, exciting weather! :)

Kathianne
12-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Kath - you don't know how good you have it. That's GREAT, exciting weather! :)

Oh I'll tell you about my morning, after school. Freaking weather, freaking car! :coffee:

Abbey Marie
12-11-2007, 02:57 PM
But after dealing with the cold, how good it feels to get inside, light a fire, have a warm drink of choice, and snuggle up... :)

glockmail
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh I'll tell you about my morning, after school. Freaking weather, freaking car! :coffee:
High of 77 here today. Breaks the 1971 record. :poke:

Classact
12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I hate you too! :laugh2:Are you into voodoo? Last night our little wind and rain turned almost into a hurricane... I'm guessing, based on the limbs on the ground and roofing damage the gusts were about 70MPH about 3:00AM this morning. The damn trash truck at 1:30AM, storm at 3:00 to ? and then a cat fight to wake me a half hour late since there was a brown out that screwed up the alarm clock... Please don't stick any more pins in your doll of me tonight. To top it off the sun didn't shine today and that only happens once or twice a year here... the house didn't warm up and it will really be cool in the morning, I actually closed most of the windows today. The house thermometer reads only 75.9... I think I need a hug.

Kathianne
12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Are you into voodoo? Last night our little wind and rain turned almost into a hurricane... I'm guessing, based on the limbs on the ground and roofing damage the gusts were about 70MPH about 3:00AM this morning. The damn trash truck at 1:30AM, storm at 3:00 to ? and then a cat fight to wake me a half hour late since there was a brown out that screwed up the alarm clock... Please don't stick any more pins in your doll of me tonight. To top it off the sun didn't shine today and that only happens once or twice a year here... the house didn't warm up and it will really be cool in the morning, I actually closed most of the windows today. The house thermometer reads only 75.9... I think I need a hug.

Yes my dear, I'm very much into voodoo in the winter, with those to the far South and West of me. ;)

You laughed at my anticipated pain, yet you paid the price. :laugh2:

If it makes you feel better, this morning was a lesson in 'no good intention goes unpunished.' I left for school at 5:50 a.m. When I hit a major artery I knew it wasn't as bad as the forcast said. I also knew that one of my good friends, a teacher at my school, would not drive. To save her mom or dad from driving her, I decided to surprise her and pick her up, so I deviated from my normal route.

When I got to the major cross intersections to her, it was about 6:15, too early. There was a gas station, at $2.99 a gallon. I thought to myself, "Fine, I'll fill-up and clean out my car, burning some time, way too early to show up unannounced. So I did. When I went to restart my car, click, click, click.

My cell phone dead, the gas station owner let me use their phone for motor club. 55 minutes. I sit in my car, going through 3, 20oz coffees. at 7, I get the jump. The guy, who has responded to my motor club calls before says, "I've got a mobile service, want me to pick up a battery and install at your school?" Sweet music to my ears. Obviously I have a problem with the battery. I tell him, "A battery is about $70-90?" His reply, "Yes, but labor will be about $30." Sounds good. Tell him to call before buying. I get a note from him around 9:30: "will cost 92.25". Cool, go ahead.

$155 later, with the knowledge I won't take my car to his place of business ever, sigh.

It's pouring outside and temps are to drop. Damn, I should neg you, just because. :laugh2:

Classact
12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Yes my dear, I'm very much into voodoo in the winter, with those to the far South and West of me. ;)

You laughed at my anticipated pain, yet you paid the price. :laugh2:

If it makes you feel better, this morning was a lesson in 'no good intention goes unpunished.' I left for school at 5:50 a.m. When I hit a major artery I knew it wasn't as bad as the forcast said. I also knew that one of my good friends, a teacher at my school, would not drive. To save her mom or dad from driving her, I decided to surprise her and pick her up, so I deviated from my normal route.

When I got to the major cross intersections to her, it was about 6:15, too early. There was a gas station, at $2.99 a gallon. I thought to myself, "Fine, I'll fill-up and clean out my car, burning some time, way too early to show up unannounced. So I did. When I went to restart my car, click, click, click.

My cell phone dead, the gas station owner let me use their phone for motor club. 55 minutes. I sit in my car, going through 3, 20oz coffees. at 7, I get the jump. The guy, who has responded to my motor club calls before says, "I've got a mobile service, want me to pick up a battery and install at your school?" Sweet music to my ears. Obviously I have a problem with the battery. I tell him, "A battery is about $70-90?" His reply, "Yes, but labor will be about $30." Sounds good. Tell him to call before buying. I get a note from him around 9:30: "will cost 92.25". Cool, go ahead.

$155 later, with the knowledge I won't take my car to his place of business ever, sigh.

It's pouring outside and temps are to drop. Damn, I should neg you, just because. :laugh2:Olga please! http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Active.aspx?storm=1&type=track Sunday my wife was en-route to school, she's doing her masters... being the loving husband I am on Saturday I took her car to this shade tree auto electrical mechanic to repair the radiator fan... it seems it sticks and don't turn on and as a result the AC fan doesn't cool enough and the AC gas escapes... costs $25 bucks to fill the AC and I've done it twice so I take the car to the guy and he says, you need a new fan motor... I see two radiator fans laying on the floor across the shop so I say why not see if they fit? So he made one of the fans fit and connected so it would run with the AC which is fine since it is always hot here. I noticed the bolt of the fan seemed to stick out a little and double checked with the guy asking are you sure it isn't going to touch the radiator... no, it's fine... and it is and I then take the car to have the AC charged another $25 bucks... car fixed end of story, used fan $35...

Sunday morning the wife gets up at 6:00AM and I make coffee, kiss her bye and return to never never land... thirty minutes later she calls and says I'm stranded in the center of the interstate and cops are all around me... I'll be right there... got there and the battery is dead... go home get tools and a spare battery from my solar system and return... replace her battery and disconnect the fan the guy installed thinking it is the problem... she starts up and off she goes to the other end of the island... I get home and my son says, mom called and she is broke down half way across the island... smoke coming out... I call her, be right there... and with a short strap I tow her to a gas station... need a long strap but the stores are closed until 11:00, it's Sunday... go home, go to WalMart and buy strap and we go back to get her car... tow it back to our mechanic... He's there dicking around and says your head is blown and it will require shaving $300... the radiator has a hole (caused by the new(used fan) bolt) repair $45, the battery is no good $50... going to rent a car next weekend because if the wife misses two classes she has to take the course over... and you are bitching about $92.25...

Kathianne
12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Olga please! http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Active.aspx?storm=1&type=track Sunday my wife was en-route to school, she's doing her masters... being the loving husband I am on Saturday I took her car to this shade tree auto electrical mechanic to repair the radiator fan... it seems it sticks and don't turn on and as a result the AC fan doesn't cool enough and the AC gas escapes... costs $25 bucks to fill the AC and I've done it twice so I take the car to the guy and he says, you need a new fan motor... I see two radiator fans laying on the floor across the shop so I say why not see if they fit? So he made one of the fans fit and connected so it would run with the AC which is fine since it is always hot here. I noticed the bolt of the fan seemed to stick out a little and double checked with the guy asking are you sure it isn't going to touch the radiator... no, it's fine... and it is and I then take the car to have the AC charged another $25 bucks... car fixed end of story, used fan $35...

Sunday morning the wife gets up at 6:00AM and I make coffee, kiss her bye and return to never never land... thirty minutes later she calls and says I'm stranded in the center of the interstate and cops are all around me... I'll be right there... got there and the battery is dead... go home get tools and a spare battery from my solar system and return... replace her battery and disconnect the fan the guy installed thinking it is the problem... she starts up and off she goes to the other end of the island... I get home and my son says, mom called and she is broke down half way across the island... smoke coming out... I call her, be right there... and with a short strap I tow her to a gas station... need a long strap but the stores are closed until 11:00, it's Sunday... go home, go to WalMart and buy strap and we go back to get her car... tow it back to our mechanic... He's there dicking around and says your head is blown and it will require shaving $300... the radiator has a hole (caused by the new(used fan) bolt) repair $45, the battery is no good $50... going to rent a car next weekend because if the wife misses two classes she has to take the course over... and you are bitching about $92.25...

Man I hate cars, when they don't turn over by keys. Even more, I hate houses that I own, when the basement pipes leak. :laugh2: Thanks for the rep and backatcha!