PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore donates 'feet' to peace cause

stephanie
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I wonder if everybody will have to bow down and kiss them before they can walk on the path?:coffee:

Al Gore donates 'feet' to peace cause

Published: Dec. 10, 2007 at 8:04 AM
Print story Email to a friend Font size:STAVANGER, Norway, Dec. 10 (UPI) -- Former U.S. Vice President and Nobel Peace laureate Al Gore consented to casts of his bare feet being taken to decorate a peace pathway in Norway.

Sunday, Gore had the castings taken in Stavanger, from which bronze footprints will be made for a Path of Peace created by the human rights foundation, Point of Peace, the Stavanger Aftenblad newspaper reported.

"Funny and nice, a very good idea. I have never heard of this, but I think it is a very good idea," Gore told the newspaper.

The group has plans to ask at least 10 other Nobel Peace Prize winners for casts of their feet to line the path.

Sunday, Gore praised Norway for being "among the leaders" in the fight to stop climate change after a private meeting with Norwegian Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Store and the government minister in charge of environmental issues and foreign aid, Erik Solheim, Aftenposten said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/12/10/al_gore_donates_feet_to_peace_cause/4425/

nevadamedic
12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Now if he would only just take his own life for the betterment of this country.