PDA

View Full Version : Zeppelin play reunion show

gabosaurus
12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Am I the only one who believes this is a pretty bizarre set list? Why would they play "Stairway" in the middle of the set, unless they wanted to underscore its significance

'Good Times Bad Times'
'Ramble On'
'Black Dog'
'In My Time Of Dying'
'For Your Life'
'Trampled Under Foot'
'Nobody's Fault But Mine'
'No Quarter'
'Since I've Been Loving You'
'Dazed And Confused'
'Stairway To Heaven'
'The Song Remains The Same'
'Misty Mountain Hop'
'Kashmir'
---------
'Whole Lotta Love'
'Rock And Roll'

Asked about a Zep reunion, Plant said his only plans were to tour with Allison Krause for most of 2008. Page said he would worry about it later. Jones, as usual, said nothing.

Cheyenne
12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Zeppelin's son is taking Bonham's place. Anxious to hear this.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Good Times Bad Times is a good opening number. And personally, if I was sitting there and heard Dazed & Confused morph into Stairway to Heaven, I'd be thrilled.

dan
12-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Am I the only one who believes this is a pretty bizarre set list? Why would they play "Stairway" in the middle of the set, unless they wanted to underscore its significance

I think that's exactly what it is. Like I said, nobody OTHER than Zeppelin should even think about playing it live, but it would be such a cliche for them to finish with that, and if they didn't play it, all anybody would be thinking toward the end of the set is "are they going to play 'Stairway'?

Disappointed no 'The Ocean'. And Jimmy Page should be banned from ever playing 'Kashmir' again after taking part in that P Diddy bastardization.