PDA

View Full Version : Skeptical Scientists Urge World To ‘Have the Courage to Do Nothing' At UN Conference

stephanie
12-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Skeptical Scientists Urge World To ‘Have the Courage to Do Nothing' At UN Conference

BALI, Indonesia - An international team of scientists skeptical of man-made climate fears promoted by the UN and former Vice President Al Gore, descended on Bali this week to urge the world to "have the courage to do nothing" in response to UN demands.

Lord Christopher Monckton, a UK climate researcher, had a blunt message for UN climate conference participants on Monday.

"Climate change is a non-problem. The right answer to a non problem is to have the courage to do nothing," Monckton told participants.

"The UN conference is a complete waste of our time and your money and we should no longer pay the slightest attention to the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change,)" Monckton added. (LINK)

Monckton also noted that the UN has not been overly welcoming to the group of skeptical scientists.

"UN organizers refused my credentials and appeared desperate that I should not come to this conference. They have also made several attempts to interfere with our public meetings," Monckton explained.

"It is a circus here," agreed Australian scientist Dr. David Evans. Evans is making scientific presentations to delegates and journalists at the conference revealing the latest peer-reviewed studies that refute the UN's climate claims.

"This is the most lavish conference I have ever been to, but I am only a scientist and I actually only go to the science conferences," Evans said, noting the luxury of the tropical resort. (Note: An analysis by Bloomberg News on December 6 found: "Government officials and activists flying to Bali, Indonesia, for the United Nations meeting on climate change will cause as much pollution as 20,000 cars in a year." - LINK)

Evans, a mathematician who did carbon accounting for the Australian government, recently converted to a skeptical scientist about man-made global warming after reviewing the new scientific studies. (LINK)

"We now have quite a lot of evidence that carbon emissions definitely don't cause global warming. We have the missing [human] signature [in the atmosphere], we have the IPCC models being wrong and we have the lack of a temperature going up the last 5 years," Evans said in an interview with the Inhofe EPW Press Blog. Evans authored a November 28 2007 paper "Carbon Emissions Don't Cause Global Warming." (LINK)

Evans touted a new peer-reviewed study by a team of scientists appearing in the December 2007 issue of the International Journal of Climatology of the Royal Meteorological Society which found "Warming is naturally caused and shows no human influence." (LINK)

"Most of the people here have jobs that are very well paid and they depend on the idea that carbon emissions cause global warming. They are not going to be very receptive to the idea that well actually the science has gone off in a different direction," Evans explained.

[Inhofe EPW Press Blog Note: Several other recent peer-reviewed studies have cast considerable doubt about man-made global warming fears. For most recent sampling see: New Peer-Reviewed Study finds 'Solar changes significantly alter climate' (11-3-07) (LINK) & "New Peer-Reviewed Study Halves the Global Average Surface Temperature Trend 1980 - 2002" (LINK) & New Study finds Medieval Warm Period '0.3C Warmer than 20th Century' (LINK) For a more comprehensive sampling of peer-reviewed studies earlier in 2007 see "New Peer-Reviewed Scientific Studies Chill Global Warming Fears" LINK ]

‘IPCC is unsound'

read the rest..
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=c9554887-802a-23ad-4303-68f67ebd151c

Kathianne
12-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I think this an important post. The jury is more than out on whether or not the warming trend is man caused. With that said, I highly doubt that any of these scientists would say that we shouldn't work at reducing pollutants, increasing MPG, etc. The problem comes in mandates that cost some countries mega $$$ with the argument that we are killing the planet.

Bad science, bad response.

manu1959
12-11-2007, 07:53 PM
heard an interesting thing on NPR yesterday when china said there is no way the will ever sign onto kyoto.....

anyone care to guess which country reduced carbon emissions the most over the past year?

Kathianne
12-11-2007, 07:53 PM
heard an interesting thing on NPR yesterday when china said there is no way the will ever sign onto kyoto.....

anyone care to guess which contry reduced carbon emissions the most over the past year?

I'm hoping I'm right, the US?

manu1959
12-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm hoping I'm right, the US?

yep that is what they said.....

Kathianne
12-11-2007, 08:00 PM
yep that is what they said.....

Where's my rep? :laugh2: I got it right! j/k. I was saying such to Diuretics last night, I don't think the US is ever going to go along with Kyoto or any follow ups, however, good science or bad, we are doing individually, city wise, county wise, state wise, federal wise, what we can to clean water, air, and local environment.

We're not into the 'carbon offsets' other than the jet setting Hollywood and Political whores, but we are very much into recycling, buying green, etc. Not because of the UN, just because it "MAY" make a difference. We remain skeptical, while doing the right things.

manu1959
12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Where's my rep? :laugh2: I got it right! j/k. I was saying such to Diuretics last night, I don't think the US is ever going to go along with Kyoto or any follow ups, however, good science or bad, we are doing individually, city wise, county wise, state wise, federal wise, what we can to clean water, air, and local environment.

We're not into the 'carbon offsets' other than the jet setting Hollywood and Political whores, but we are very much into recycling, buying green, etc. Not because of the UN, just because it "MAY" make a difference. We remain skeptical, while doing the right things.

me too.....i plant trees, i compost and recycle everything, i grow vegetables, will only eat organic food.....i have solar heated water .... soon to have solar power and be off the grid, working on a cistern design so all my yard watering will be off the grid as well ..... every building i design is LEED certified ...... my one guilty pleasure is my sports car ....

Kathianne
12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
me too.....i plant trees, i compost and recycle everything, i grow vegetables, will only eat organic food.....i have solar heated water .... soon to have solar power and be off the grid, working on a cistern design so all my yard watering will be off the grid as well ..... every building i design is LEED certified ...... my one guilty pleasure is my sports car ....

Love the sports car! Yep, given your income, I'm not surprised by the rest. I can't switch to solar. I do recycle, keep my car tuned up, which is a pretty energy efficient Mazda 6. I use green bulbs for lighting. I use bags or cart for groceries.

Do I believe the alarmists, no actually. I think we are in cycle of weather. I hope I'm right. I do know that making our air, water, land more pristine is a good idea, just for esthetics if for no other reasons.

diuretic
12-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Skeptical Scientists Urge World To ‘Have the Courage to Do Nothing' At UN Conference

BALI, Indonesia - An international team of scientists skeptical of man-made climate fears promoted by the UN and former Vice President Al Gore, descended on Bali this week to urge the world to "have the courage to do nothing" in response to UN demands.

Lord Christopher Monckton, a UK climate researcher, had a blunt message for UN climate conference participants on Monday.

"Climate change is a non-problem. The right answer to a non problem is to have the courage to do nothing," Monckton told participants.

"The UN conference is a complete waste of our time and your money and we should no longer pay the slightest attention to the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change,)" Monckton added. (LINK)

Monckton also noted that the UN has not been overly welcoming to the group of skeptical scientists.

"UN organizers refused my credentials and appeared desperate that I should not come to this conference. They have also made several attempts to interfere with our public meetings," Monckton explained.

"It is a circus here," agreed Australian scientist Dr. David Evans. Evans is making scientific presentations to delegates and journalists at the conference revealing the latest peer-reviewed studies that refute the UN's climate claims.

"This is the most lavish conference I have ever been to, but I am only a scientist and I actually only go to the science conferences," Evans said, noting the luxury of the tropical resort. (Note: An analysis by Bloomberg News on December 6 found: "Government officials and activists flying to Bali, Indonesia, for the United Nations meeting on climate change will cause as much pollution as 20,000 cars in a year." - LINK)

Evans, a mathematician who did carbon accounting for the Australian government, recently converted to a skeptical scientist about man-made global warming after reviewing the new scientific studies. (LINK)

"We now have quite a lot of evidence that carbon emissions definitely don't cause global warming. We have the missing [human] signature [in the atmosphere], we have the IPCC models being wrong and we have the lack of a temperature going up the last 5 years," Evans said in an interview with the Inhofe EPW Press Blog. Evans authored a November 28 2007 paper "Carbon Emissions Don't Cause Global Warming." (LINK)

Evans touted a new peer-reviewed study by a team of scientists appearing in the December 2007 issue of the International Journal of Climatology of the Royal Meteorological Society which found "Warming is naturally caused and shows no human influence." (LINK)

"Most of the people here have jobs that are very well paid and they depend on the idea that carbon emissions cause global warming. They are not going to be very receptive to the idea that well actually the science has gone off in a different direction," Evans explained.

[Inhofe EPW Press Blog Note: Several other recent peer-reviewed studies have cast considerable doubt about man-made global warming fears. For most recent sampling see: New Peer-Reviewed Study finds 'Solar changes significantly alter climate' (11-3-07) (LINK) & "New Peer-Reviewed Study Halves the Global Average Surface Temperature Trend 1980 - 2002" (LINK) & New Study finds Medieval Warm Period '0.3C Warmer than 20th Century' (LINK) For a more comprehensive sampling of peer-reviewed studies earlier in 2007 see "New Peer-Reviewed Scientific Studies Chill Global Warming Fears" LINK ]

‘IPCC is unsound'

read the rest..
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=c9554887-802a-23ad-4303-68f67ebd151c

"Scientists" :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

manu1959
12-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Love the sports car! Yep, given your income, I'm not surprised by the rest. I can't switch to solar. I do recycle, keep my car tuned up, which is a pretty energy efficient Mazda 6. I use green bulbs for lighting. I use bags or cart for groceries.

Do I believe the alarmists, no actually. I think we are in cycle of weather. I hope I'm right. I do know that making our air, water, land more pristine is a good idea, just for esthetics if for no other reasons.

hey i think if you can lead a clean lifestyle you should.....one should do as much as they can.......i love mazda's my comutter is a melinium S....thing is a rocket.....