PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Used The New ASP Handcuffs?

nevadamedic
12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
I just ordered a pair of hinged for my main pair and a pair of chained for my back up. They are fairly new on the market and im wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them. I like them because they have dual keyholes(which is great for a struggle) and they come in different colors(Blue,Black,Yellow,Pink,Orange and Grey) to eliminate the whole mess of trying to figure out whos cuffs are whose. They also are half the weight of standared peerless or smith and wesson which I carry now. Here's a link to the site with more about them.

http://www.botachtactical.com/asphandcuffs.html

manu1959
12-11-2007, 11:54 PM
you should get pink....:poke:

nevadamedic
12-11-2007, 11:56 PM
you should get pink....:poke:

I got blue, but I was thinking about pink because it would really embarass the crook walking them infront of the whole store in pink handcuffs. :laugh2:

Gaffer
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I always found the hinged cuffs to be a pain to work with in a struggle. The chain ones are easier to grasp and work with when the suspect is fighting you. The hinged ones are real good for controlling the person once they are on and they are fine if there are two or three of you holding them down, but by yourself they are not as easy to work with.

darin
12-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Mary likes 'em.

Immanuel
12-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I always found the hinged cuffs to be a pain to work with in a struggle. The chain ones are easier to grasp and work with when the suspect is fighting you. The hinged ones are real good for controlling the person once they are on and they are fine if there are two or three of you holding them down, but by yourself they are not as easy to work with.

Obviously, your idea of the use of handcuffs is different from mine and dmp's.

:)

Immie

darin
12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Obviously, your idea of the use of handcuffs is different from mine and dmp's.

:)

Immie

Actually - this is just about right-on:

The hinged ones are real good for controlling the person once they are on and they are fine if there are two or three of you holding them down, but by yourself they are not as easy to work with.

:D :D :D :wank2:

dan
12-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Mary likes 'em.

That's going in the vault....:wank2:

nevadamedic
12-13-2007, 01:30 AM

I haven't had a problem getting the hinged on during a struggle at all.

I ordered a Chained and a Hinged pair both in blue. The chain will be my backup pair. I also got the investigator style case so I can just pull them out but mostly ill just be keeping them in my pocket.

I just got the chained ones in today and they are nice. I love the dual keyhole feature and the yellow alert that shows you when you didn't double lock the cuffs. They are also a quarter of the weight as my peerless and smith and wesson cuffs which is a nice feature. They have a double locking internal lock which makes them stay in place better. I can't wait to try these out and so far I totally reccommend them to everyone who has use for handcuffs. I will be throwing my old pairs out as I have no use for them anymore.