PDA

View Full Version : Everbody hates everybody else

hjmick
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Okay, not really. But the truth is, the majority of the three major minority groups in the U.S. harbor a good deal of prejudice and distrust for the others. Individually, they each trust whites more than each other.

Well, this is true if you believe the poll. I have a problem with a poll that poses questions to less than twelve hundred people from three different minority groups and then says this is what they all feel. Then again, isn't this the problem with all polls? But I digress...

On the other hand, I did find it interesting.

US minorities don't trust each other
Dec 12 12:27 PM US/Eastern

The three main minorities in the United States -- blacks, Hispanics and Asians -- have little trust for each other and hold prejudiced views about Americans of different ethnic origins to their own...

"This extraordinary poll reveals some unflattering realities that exist in America today," said Sandy Close, head of New America Media (NAM)...

Forty-four percent of Hispanics and 47 percent of Asians are "afraid of African-Americans because they are responsible for most of the crime," the survey of 1,105 adults drawn from the three ethnic groups showed.

More than half of black Americans polled and 46 percent of Hispanics said Asian business owners do not treat them with respect.

And half of African-Americans said Latin American immigrants "are taking jobs, housing and political power away from the black community."

Hispanics and Asians, whose populations are made up mainly of immigrants, were positive about the American dream, saying that those who work hard in the United States reap the rewards of their toil.

All three ethnic groups viewed white Americans in a more favorable light than they did members of another minority.

Sixty-one percent of Hispanics, 54 percent of Asians and 47 percent of African-Americans said they would rather do business with whites than members of the other two groups.

"The poll reaffirms that while race relations between ethnic groups and whites grab the headlines, there are also serious racial problems between minority groups in America," said Sergio Bendixen...

"Blacks feel they are left out of the American Dream and are being displaced by newcomers, and each group buys into the negative stereotypes about the other two," he said.

They also said they believe racial tensions in the United States will ease over the next 10 years.

Complete article... (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071212172751.61j4vrow&show_article=1)

Hugh Lincoln
12-14-2007, 09:55 AM
It's funny that minorities actually prefer WHITES to fellow minorities. Damn... don't they know that's racist?

hjmick
12-14-2007, 10:30 AM
It's funny that minorities actually prefer WHITES to fellow minorities. Damn... don't they know that's racist?

I found that interesting as well. Don't they know that it is whitey who is most responsible for whatever problem they may have?