PDA

View Full Version : LIVE Republican Debates On CNN Right NOW!

Pale Rider
12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
VIA IOWA... live debates going on, on CNN, and lo and behold who's included in the debates but ALAN KEYES!!! I like this guy!

12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
do they have it archived? ive been busy all afternoon. I hear Fox is saying that Romney came off as the winner, but id like to see it myself.

hjmick
12-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Nice scheduling, in the middle of the day when everyone is at work. Way to go CNN.

theHawk
12-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Why the hell would they have the debates on at this time of day? Republicans are at work!

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Nice scheduling, in the middle of the day when everyone is at work. Way to go CNN.

It was the Iowa Caucus debate, not the "CNN debate." Debates draw good ratings, are you really naive enough to believe that CNN would air something like this in the middle of the day if they could control when it aired? You're probably one of those geniuses who calls us the "Communist News Network." Go have a banana Pookie.

hjmick
12-12-2007, 04:56 PM
It was the Iowa Caucus debate, not the "CNN debate." Debates draw good ratings, are you really naive enough to believe that CNN would air something like this in the middle of the day if they could control when it aired? You're probably one of those geniuses who calls us the "Communist News Network." Go have a banana Pookie.

What the hell? Did someone piss in your Cheerios today Hag? You usually strike me as being in better humor.

I was unaware that the debate was associated with the Iowa Caucus rather than being sponsored by CNN, so sue me. I'm in the office today. No television. Except for popping onto the DP, I haven't really been cruising the news sites today.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM
What the hell? Did someone piss in your Cheerios today Hag? You usually strike me as being in better humor.

I was unaware that the debate was associated with the Iowa Caucus rather than being sponsored by CNN, so sue me. I'm in the office today. No television. Except for popping onto the DP, I haven't really been cruising the news sites today.

Sorry.

stephanie
12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I only saw some snippets of the debate..

But someone on another site said the moderator reminded them of Nurse Ratchet..:laugh2:

hjmick
12-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Sorry.

No worries.

Pale Rider
12-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I only saw some snippets of the debate..

But someone on another site said the moderator reminded them of Nurse Ratchet..:laugh2:

She did. At one point she asked for a "show of hands" in answer to one of her questions, and Thompson said "no, no hand shows today." She had a fit so he asked her if she was going to give him a minute to answer the question and she said "no." So Thompson said "no." Romney said "I'm with him." It put this BITTER looking HAG in her place, and then they go on to ANSWER THE QUESTION ANYWAY. Stupid bitch.

Hucklebee was giving a lot of general, feel good answers. I was disappointed in that. Romney gave some of the same type answers, "you rah rah, America is great" type stuff. Tancredo, Hunter and Paul on the other hand all gave excellent answers with WHAT THEY'D DO TO CHANGE THINGS in them. If I had to pick a winner, it was HUNTER!

stephanie
12-12-2007, 05:47 PM
She did. At one point she asked for a "show of hands" in answer to one of her questions, and Thompson said "no, no hand shows today." She had a fit so he asked her if she was going to give him a minute to answer the question and she said "no." So Thompson said "no." Romney said "I'm with him." It put this BITTER looking HAG in her place, and then they go on to ANSWER THE QUESTION ANYWAY. Stupid bitch.

Huckabee was giving a lot of general, feel good answers. I was disappointed in that. Romney gave some of the same type answers, "you rah rah, America is great" type stuff. Tancredo, Hunter, Paul on the other hand all gave excellent answers with WHAT THEY'D DO TO CHANGE THINGS in them. If I had to pick a winner, it was HUNTER!

I did happen to see that question.."a show of hands"??
When she asked that question I'm like thinking, what the hell are we in second grade...Ugh!

Pale Rider
12-12-2007, 05:48 PM
do they have it archived? ive been busy all afternoon. I hear Fox is saying that Romney came off as the winner, but id like to see it myself.

I swear, sometimes Fox News is hard to watch. Sean Hannity is such a fucking SHAMELESS MOUTH PIECE for RUDY GEEUULIAAANIE, like he pronounces it, the guy makes me SICK! I used to listen to him on talk radio some, but don't do that anymore either. I just want to tell him to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

No I watched it, and I surely wouldn't say Romney was the winner. He said NOTHING that would give him that honor. HUNTER was the winner I'd say. He gave the best answers of anybody up there. And even though I like Alan Keyes, he had NO PLACE being in that debate. He did nothing but grand stand.

stephanie
12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Nurse Ratchet wasn't happy here...:laugh2: look at the meter that comes up at the end of the clip..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUn8GSbUl_4&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUn8GSbUl_4&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pale Rider
12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Nurse Ratchet wasn't happy here...:laugh2: look at the meter that comes up at the end of the clip.

It just makes one wonder, how in the hell did a corn cob up the ass whore like that get the job of moderation?

theHawk
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Hahah that video is great. Really put that wench in her place. Thats one of the reasons I really like Fred, he is so candid.

theHawk
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I swear, sometimes Fox News is hard to watch. Sean Hannity is such a fucking SHAMELESS MOUTH PIECE for RUDY GEEUULIAAANIE, like he pronounces it, the guy makes me SICK! I used to listen to him on talk radio some, but don't do that anymore either. I just want to tell him to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I couldn't agree more. I hate how fox does nothing than promote Rudy and Mitt.

Pale Rider
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I couldn't agree more. I hate how fox does nothing than promote Rudy and Mitt.

No doubt. And by the way, love the avatar... :laugh:

chesswarsnow
12-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Was working all day, missed it, is there a re~run?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JohnDoe
12-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I didn't get to see today's debate other than some clips of it.

I will say one thing, i can't stand the way ANY of these debates have been going, both democratic and republican. Nothing of great importance to our country is really being asked or discussed in any kind of depth.

what about our national debt? how do any of them plan to get it under control so that we don't have to spend $300 billion a year just to pay the interest payment on it?

how about social security, how do they plan to shore it up?

and what about our immigration problem? has anyone really given a full scope picture on how we can get a handle on it and what are we going to do with the 20 million illegals that are here already? i have only heard fluff answers and a minute or two really given to it.

and what about the value of our dollar dropping, dropping and dropping, what plans do they have to strengthen it?

and what about China, letting them manipulation their currency the way they do which affects us and what about china and saudi arabia owning the majority of our debt? that puts us on shakey ground.

and gas and oil prices, sheesh, i can remember paying 97 cents a gallon for gas under clinton, and that wasn't too long ago? what is really causing oil to go up, is it all from warring?

and what happened to the 100 billion in tax dollars that they gave for Katrina? what the heck happened with all of that money? there has virtually been no progress in that area...? 100 BILLION DOLLARS, that is 999 million dollars times 100, plus 100 million for goodness sakes and they are having to dish out more? give me a break!!! sheesh!

and what about jobs? good jobs, where are they? we are turning in to a service oriented society...which lowers the pay scale in our country... what are their plans on getting us back on to the right track?

and what about our children not being educated and ranking low on the world totem pole, not that this is a federal issue but it will affect us all in the future, this dumbing down of america.

And for goodness sakes, something has to be done about healthcare costs and there needs to be a plan to reign that pony in...or it will bankrupt our gvt with medicare costs, medicaid costs and the prescription drugs we are now paying for, for seniors with our tax dollars?

Let alone the high cost of healthcare for the individual? even the dems that have offered plans don't really go in to how it will be paid for with all of their plans...

it is ALL just fluff, no substance to ANYTHING....

I am extremely disappointed in the media not insisting on more than feel good snippet answers from the candidates.

jd

hjmick
12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Raise your hand if you agree with John...

:coffee:

theHawk
12-13-2007, 12:35 PM
I didn't get to see today's debate other than some clips of it.

I will say one thing, i can't stand the way ANY of these debates have been going, both democratic and republican. Nothing of great importance to our country is really being asked or discussed in any kind of depth.

They seem to ask some good questions, the problem is too little time to answer it so all the answers sound the same.

what about our national debt? how do any of them plan to get it under control so that we don't have to spend $300 billion a year just to pay the interest payment on it?

None of the candidates is willing to say the truth, that many of the massive government programs need to be axed completely. No one is going to get elected by saying, 'we need to abolish welfare, social security, and medicare.' Its simply policital suicide. People don't want to hear the ugly truth.

how about social security, how do they plan to shore it up?

and what about our immigration problem? has anyone really given a full scope picture on how we can get a handle on it and what are we going to do with the 20 million illegals that are here already? i have only heard fluff answers and a minute or two really given to it.

From what I've heard only a few Republicans are serious about this issue. Hunter and Trancredo, maybe Fred too. I have yet to hear a Dem say they will tackle this issue hard.

and what about the value of our dollar dropping, dropping and dropping, what plans do they have to strengthen it?

and what about China, letting them manipulation their currency the way they do which affects us and what about china and saudi arabia owning the majority of our debt? that puts us on shakey ground.

This is one of the reasons I really like Duncan Hunter, he wants to hold China accountable for their unfair trading practices.

and gas and oil prices, sheesh, i can remember paying 97 cents a gallon for gas under clinton, and that wasn't too long ago? what is really causing oil to go up, is it all from warring?

Its going up alot from countries like China that are increasing their consumtion ten fold. But also our currency problem is making prices go up too. The more worthless the dollar becomes, the more dollars it takes to buy the oil...

and what happened to the 100 billion in tax dollars that they gave for Katrina? what the heck happened with all of that money? there has virtually been no progress in that area...? 100 BILLION DOLLARS, that is 999 million dollars times 100, plus 100 million for goodness sakes and they are having to dish out more? give me a break!!! sheesh!

A prime example of why government shouldn't be trusted with money to help with charity. The money probably would had been better spent if the government just gave it to charity organizations and churches committed to helping rebuild the area.

and what about jobs? good jobs, where are they? we are turning in to a service oriented society...which lowers the pay scale in our country... what are their plans on getting us back on to the right track?

The high paying jobs are disappearing because of the unfair trade practices we allow other countries to get away with. Why on hell would a company set up shop stateside where there are so many environmental and labor rescrictions and costs when they can just go overseas to Timbucktu and have their product made at a fraction of the cost? I believe the only candidate that would advocate tarriffs to combat this problem is Hunter, but I could be wrong.

and what about our children not being educated and ranking low on the world totem pole, not that this is a federal issue but it will affect us all in the future, this dumbing down of america.

What can I say, liberals run local schools. The best schools are private ones and maybe thats the way we should go.

And for goodness sakes, something has to be done about healthcare costs and there needs to be a plan to reign that pony in...or it will bankrupt our gvt with medicare costs, medicaid costs and the prescription drugs we are now paying for, for seniors with our tax dollars?

Let alone the high cost of healthcare for the individual? even the dems that have offered plans don't really go in to how it will be paid for with all of their plans...

Agreed. The answer is not having government take over health care, we need to find ways to lower health care costs, then insurance companies will be more willing to cover "the little people".

it is ALL just fluff, no substance to ANYTHING....

I am extremely disappointed in the media not insisting on more than feel good snippet answers from the candidates.

jd
Yup, the media is only concerned with getting their darling into office. They don't give two shits about what the effects will be with another lame-duck president. They think all the country's problems are going to be solved once we show the world we can have a woman (or black man) as President.

This election shouldn't be about showing the world we are "ready" for a black or female President. It should be about solving all the above issues you are talking about.