PDA

View Full Version : Alan Keyes might be mentally retarded

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm watching this Republican debate on CNN right now and all the candidates are pretty good except Alan Keyes. First of all, he's black so nobody takes him seriously to begin with and second, he hasn't once addressed the question asked. He takes every opportunity to rattle-off a bunch of preachy jabberwocky. It's pretty sad. Usually the lesser-known candidates are the ones who make some pretty good points, but this guy is a freakin' joke.

12-12-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm watching this Republican debate on CNN right now and all the candidates are pretty good except Alan Keyes. First of all, he's black so nobody takes him seriously to begin with and second, he hasn't once addressed the question asked. He takes every opportunity to rattle-off a bunch of preachy jabberwocky. It's pretty sad. Usually the lesser-known candidates are the ones who make some pretty good points, but this guy is a freakin' joke.

No one takes him seriously because he is black? I dont know about anyone else but ive never even really given the fact that he is black much thought.

hjmick
12-12-2007, 04:08 PM
No one takes him seriously because he is black? I dont know about anyone else but ive never even really given the fact that he is black much thought.

I think Hag means because he is a black Republican. ;)

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:16 PM

1. I didn't know he was black until I saw him and my assessment of his seriousness and intellect did not change.
2. I've heard the guy speak at GOP functions and I can assure you that we lilly-white-racist-homophobes take him very seriously.

theHawk
12-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Libs don't take him seriously because he is black and isn't spewing out the typical left-wing bullshit. Maybe Keys needs to act more like that jackass Al Sharpton before he is "taken seriously".

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
1. I didn't know he was black until I saw him and my assessment of his seriousness and intellect did not change.
2. I've heard the guy speak at GOP functions and I can assure you that we lilly-white-racist-homophobes take him very seriously.

I don't know why. None of the other candidates take him seriously and none of the "answers" he gave during the debate were even intelligible. Apparently the issues he stands for are pointing out that politicians sometimes change their stances on issues, making a presidential declaration that women should no longer have control of their own wombs and that school kids can't learn without putting prayer back in schools. He's a fruitbat.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Libs don't take him seriously because he is black and isn't spewing out the typical left-wing bullshit. Maybe Keys needs to act more like that jackass Al Sharpton before he is "taken seriously".

Yeah, because Al Sharpton is taken seriously :rolleyes: Just so you know, making dumbass stereotypical statements about "libs" is another behavior that causes "one" to not be taken seriously. :laugh:

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't know why. None of the other candidates take him seriously and none of the "answers" he gave during the debate were even intelligible. Apparently the issues he stands for are pointing out that politicians sometimes change their stances on issues, making a presidential declaration that women should no longer have control of their own wombs and that school kids can't learn without putting prayer back in schools. He's a fruitbat. The impression I got when I heard him up close was he was talking way over the heads of most of us. Sort of like Michael Savage.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I think Hag means because he is a black Republican. ;)

Yeah, Jesus, let's be realistic here. Idealistic philosophies aside, how much chance does of a black candidate really have of being elected? And on top of that, a black Republican. It has nothing to do with whether or not I'm "racist" or not.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
The impression I got when I heard him up close was he was talking way over the heads of most of us. Sort of like Michael Savage.

He speaks very fast, so fast that you can't process what he says. He says a lot of idealistic crap that sounds good at first glance.

12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Jesus, let's be realistic here. Idealistic philosophies aside, how much chance does of a black candidate really have of being elected? And on top of that, a black Republican. It has nothing to do with whether or not I'm "racist" or not.

a black conservative candidate would have a much better chance than a black liberal democrat.

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah, Jesus, let's be realistic here. Idealistic philosophies aside, how much chance does of a black candidate really have of being elected? And on top of that, a black Republican. It has nothing to do with whether or not I'm "racist" or not. How many times have you seen a GOP poster talk about how they'd support Colin Powell, or Condi Rice? Prolly many times. Personally I'd suppprt Keyes but he's a little too radical for most.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
a black conservative candidate would have a much better chance than a black liberal democrat.

I guess that's why Alan Keyes is so far ahead of Barack Obama in the race :rolleyes:. Think before you speak please Avatar.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
How many times have you seen a GOP poster talk about how they'd support Colin Powell, or Condi Rice? Prolly many times. Personally I'd suppprt Keyes but he's a little too radical for most.

It's one thing to say those things. It's quite another to actually do them.

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I guess that's why Alan Keyes is so far ahead of Barack Obama in the race :rolleyes:. Think before you speak please Avatar. Obama is mainstream liberal democrat and Keyes is hardcore radical conservtive republican. You can't compare the two just because they're both black. They defy any other meaningful comparison.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Obama is mainstream liberal democrat and Keyes is hardcore radical conservtive republican. You can't compare the two just because they're both black. They defy any other meaningful comparison.

One's a Black Republican. One's a Black Democrat. Avatar said a Black Republican would do better than a Black "lib" Democrat. Reality begs to differ.:lol:

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
It's one thing to say those things. It's quite another to actually do them.
You've basically just called all us republicans liars. Haven't you?

The fact is I have spent more money and time in support of a congressional candidate, who happened to be black, on all other candidates combined.

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
One's a Black Republican. One's a Black Democrat. Avatar said a Black Republican would do better than a Black "lib" Democrat. Reality begs to differ.:lol: I don't speak for Avatar.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't speak for Avatar.

Well then why are you defending his post?

12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
One's a Black Republican. One's a Black Democrat. Avatar said a Black Republican would do better than a Black "lib" Democrat. Reality begs to differ.:lol:

I said a black conservative. I stand by my statement. Alan is a radical although he occasionally has some good ideas.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:47 PM
You've basically just called all us republicans liars. Haven't you?

The fact is I have spent more money and time in support of a congressional candidate, who happened to be black, on all other candidates combined.

No I haven't, you're creating an "issue" out of nothing as usual. I'm happy for you. You're so ethnically diverse :rolleyes:

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I said a black conservative. I stand by my statement. Alan is a radical although he occasionally has some good ideas.

Hey, he's running on the Republican ticket. That wasn't my idea.

hjmick
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM

First, it was a joke. The joke being not that he is black but that he is a Republican. Second, judging by the reception Barack Obama has recieved during his campaign, I would say that there is a very good chance that a black candidate, from either party, will be elected President. Maybe not in this election cycle, but certainly in my lifetime. Third, the idea that you may or may not be a racist never crossed my mind when I posted. To my knowledge, you have never posted anything that would lead anyone to think this. At least the thought never occurred to me where you are concerned.

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:50 PM
No I haven't, you're creating an "issue" out of nothing as usual. I'm happy for you. You're so ethnically diverse :rolleyes: You created the "issue", post 1, sentence 2.

glockmail
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Well then why are you defending his post?
I wasn't. I was using it as a point of discussion.

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I wasn't. I was using it as a point of discussion.

Sorry, I'm on the semAtkins diet so I have to limit the amount of semantics I read.:finger3:

Hagbard Celine
12-12-2007, 05:01 PM
You created the "issue", post 1, sentence 2.

Oh, my mistake. I was under the impression that you were commenting on post 14 since it was the one you quoted. I'm not a mind reader glock. The fact remains that pundits and politicians of ALL creeds respond to hypothetical questions the same way. They will all always come down on the side that makes them seem the most tolerant because it makes for a good public image. What they do in reality is quite a different thing entirely. It's not "lying," it's posturing.

glockmail
12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Sorry, I'm on the semAtkins diet so I have to limit the amount of semantics I read.:finger3: Is this where I say "touche"? :pee:

Pale Rider
12-12-2007, 06:13 PM

Damn Hag... you've been really bitter lately. A real "black" cloud.

You need to tie one on and get laid brother. :D

glockmail
12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Damn Hag... you've been really bitter lately. A real "black" cloud.

You need to tie one on and get laid brother. :D He needs to get it on with a black girl. THAT would set his mind straight!:mm:

PostmodernProphet
12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
you would be hard pressed to find a more articulate conservative than Keyes......