PDA

View Full Version : Obama Restructures a Remark on Deaths

stephanie
02-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Too LATE...WE WILL NOT LET YOU LIVE THIS DOWN, as if it was a botched misspeak....
WE know you meant exactly how you said it.....:talk2hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_vFcW9pZI
By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: February 13, 2007
DURHAM, N.H., Feb. 12 — Senator Barack Obama of Illinois said Monday that he had misspoken when he suggested that the lives of more than 3,000 American soldiers killed in Iraq had been “wasted.”

As he arrived in New Hampshire, Mr. Obama said he would “absolutely apologize” to military families if they were offended by a remark he made in Iowa while criticizing the Bush administration’s Iraq policy.

“What I would say — and meant to say — is that their service hasn’t been honored,” Mr. Obama told reporters in Nashua, N.H., “because our civilian strategy has not honored their courage and bravery, and we have put them in a situation in which it is hard for them to succeed.”

A New Hampshire reporter asked Mr. Obama whether he regretted the remark, made at a rally on Sunday that “we ended up launching a war that should have never been authorized and should have never been waged, and to which we now have spent $400 billion and have seen over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted.”

“Even as I said it,” Mr. Obama said Monday, “I realized I had misspoken.”http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/13/us/politics/13obama.html?_r=2&oref=login&oref=slogin

That stinking Rat of Newpaper had to look for some way to bail his ass out...
Restructuers!:boom2:

Roopull
02-13-2007, 02:35 PM
If the troops do with this what they did with Kerry's dumbass comments, he's toast. I'd say burnt toast, but that might brand me a racist.:eek:

Abbey Marie
02-13-2007, 02:53 PM
It looks like Obama was against the troops, before he was for them. :uhoh:

It must be hard to keep everything straight, when you are trying to hide your real feelings in public.

Bonnie
02-13-2007, 03:47 PM
It looks like Obama was against the troops, before he was for them. :uhoh:

It must be hard to keep everything straight, when you are trying to hide your real feelings in public.

That is a toughy, he needs lessons from Bubba...

Hugh Lincoln
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
So Kerry thinks they're uneducated and Obama thinks they've led wasted lives. Why don't Democrats just introduce a resolution in the Congress denouncing the entire U.S. military?

red states rule
02-13-2007, 05:24 PM
So Kerry thinks they're uneducated and Obama thinks they've led wasted lives. Why don't Democrats just introduce a resolution in the Congress denouncing the entire U.S. military?

Dicky Durbin thinks they are Nazi's and are like Pol Pot

Teddy Kennedy says the troops run torture chambers

Libs dismiss all these comments are botched jokes and botched comments

Truth is - this is what libs REALLY think of the US military