PDA

View Full Version : No firewall in NH for Hillary

red states rule
12-13-2007, 09:04 AM
It is not looking good for the Red Queen. Oh the temper tantrum she will have if this upstart from Chicago beats her in both Iowa and NH

John DiStaso's Granite Status: No firewall in NH for Hillary
By JOHN DISTASO
Senior Political Reporter
8 hours, 57 minutes ago

REPORTS OF of New Hampshire as a firewall for Hillary Clinton have apparently been greatly exaggerated.

New Hampshire is no longer her firewall. It's a battleground, a free for all, and -- dare we say? -- a potential last stand for the former Granite State Democratic frontrunner.

For Barack Obama, whose steady rise here culminated yesterday with one poll showing him in a tie with Clinton, another showing him slightly ahead and a third showing him trailing but gaining, it's now his turn to be at least a co-frontrunner instead of the proverbial hunter. How will he handle the heat?

Close and closer
For those who haven't seen them yet, here are the numbers.

The CNN/WMUR poll, completed by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center Dec. 6-10 and released early yesterday morning, showed Clinton with 31 percent, Obama with 30 percent, John Edwards with 16 percent and Bill Richardson with 7 percent.

A month ago, the same poll showed Clinton leading Obama 36 to 22 percent, with Edwards at 13 percent and Richardson at 12 percent.

A poll by Rasmussen Reports showed Obama now leading Clinton 31 to 28 percent, with Edwards at 17 percent and Richardson at 8 percent. The same poll showed her with a 7-point lead two weeks ago and a 10-point lead a month ago.

A separate poll by Suffolk University and WHDH in Boston showed Clinton leading Obama 33 to 26 percent, with Edwards at 15 percent.

Two polls released yesterday gauged the GOP race; both showed Mitt Romney's lead remaining strong.

The CNN/WMUR poll showed him with 32 percent, John McCain and Rudy Giuliani tied at 19 percent and Mike Huckabee at 9 percent. The margin of error for both CNN/WMUR polls is 5 percent.

The Suffolk/WHDH poll showed Romney with 31 percent, McCain at 19 percent, Giuliani at 17 percent and Huckabee at 10 percent. The margin of error for both of these polls is 5.6 percent.

for the complete article

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=John+DiStaso\'s+Granite+Stat us:+No+firewall+in+NH+for+Hillary&articleId=356716f0-8412-46b1-bf48-a021d3f09dc1

glockmail
12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I an on record here as stating that the chances were very high that Shillery would be the next Prez. It appears that I was wrong.

Racist Dems will never vote for Obama though.

red states rule
12-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I an on record here as stating that the chances were very high that Shillery would be the next Prez. It appears that I was wrong.

Racist Dems will never vote for Obama though.

Hillary is on life support - watch for the attack dogs and Clinton hitmen to take over the campaign