PDA

View Full Version : Al Sharpton Under Investigation.

Immanuel
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Here is one for TM.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071213/ap_on_re_us/sharpton_group_investigation

NEW YORK - Federal authorities subpoenaed financial records and employees in an apparent probe of the Rev. Al Sharpton's 2004 presidential bid, nonprofit civil rights group and for-profit businesses, newspapers reported Thursday.

As many as 10 Sharpton associates were subpoenaed Wednesday to testify before a federal grand jury in Brooklyn on Dec. 26, his lawyer told the Daily News.

"Here we go again," Sharpton, whose various ventures have come under scrutiny before, told the New York Post. "Whatever it is, it's part of the territory. I'm a public figure."

Of course, we all know Al didn't do anything wrong. He is after all a Democrat. I love what he had to say about this. "Whatever it is, it's part of the territory. I'm a public figure." Bah!

I don't know if he did anything wrong or not. He is right that as a public figure, people are out to get him but what really sucks about this whole matter is check out the date that these employees have to appear before the Grand Jury! December 26th what the hell is wrong with the courts? How many of these people (many of whom are probably nothing more than witnesses who will help the courts in the first place) are on vacation that week and visiting family? Could not the courts have waited until after the holidays?

Immie

hjmick
12-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't know if he did anything wrong or not. He is right that as a public figure, people are out to get him...

People are not out to get him because he is a public figure, hell, if there are some who are out to get it is because he is a bigot and a race baiter. Furthermore, the Feds rarely subpoena records for fun, there generally is a reasonable suspicion of malfeasance before they resort to such measures. I would think they would be especially cautious before issuing subpoenas where Sharpton is concerned, it's not as if he is ignored by the media, and we all know he has no problem making himself heard.

Immanuel
12-13-2007, 12:05 PM
People are not out to get him because he is a public figure, hell, if there are some who are out to get it is because he is a bigot and a race baiter. Furthermore, the Feds rarely subpoena records for fun, there generally is a reasonable suspicion of malfeasance before they resort to such measures. I would think they would be especially cautious before issuing subpoenas where Sharpton is concerned, it's not as if he is ignored by the media, and we all know he has no problem making himself heard.

Oh, hell yeah, he is a bigot and a race baiter. I don't disagree with that at all. I do disagree, though, that people are not out to get him because he is a public figure. If he were not a public figure, he would just be another POS racist who no one gave a rat's ass about.

Also, I don't doubt that there is something behind the subpoenas. Heck, if the government wants to look into anyone of our lives, they can find something that we are all guilty of doing, but I just think it sucks that they had to pick the day after Christmas knowing that a lot of people go away for the holidays. They subpoena'd people which means that those people who may have nothing to do with the crime will have to change their plans and maybe lose their money of airline tickets etc because of this. That is just plain wrong.

Immie

truthmatters
12-13-2007, 12:08 PM
If they find something him and or whoever is responsible should go down.

Sitarro
12-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Here is one for TM.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071213/ap_on_re_us/sharpton_group_investigation

what really sucks about this whole matter is check out the date that these employees have to appear before the Grand Jury! December 26th what the hell is wrong with the courts? How many of these people (many of whom are probably nothing more than witnesses who will help the courts in the first place) are on vacation that week and visiting family? Could not the courts have waited until after the holidays?

Immie

The timing is awful..... Kwanzaa starts on the 26th...... must be racism in the courts.

Immanuel
12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
If they find something him and or whoever is responsible should go down.

He should, but I doubt he will. Those guys, politicians, be they Republican or Democrat, always have a way out. They know what they are doing. They have attorneys that can make sure everything they do can be explained away as legal and they push everything to the letter of the law.

And if it begins to look like he actually has a problem, he can switch to the race card and make everyone else who are persecuting him out to be racists themselves. No, Al is safe and sound in his glass house. This probe was DOA before the ink dried.

Immie

darin
12-13-2007, 12:24 PM
He spreads stupidity and racism. I hope "Karma" gets him.