PDA

View Full Version : Investigation of Baseball

Nukeman
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I gotta get this off my chest.

Why in the hell are we spending TAX dollars on the investigation of possible steroid use in baseball.

Is baseball funded by tax dollars???
Is it under the jurisdiction of the Feds???

Why does the Federal gavernment care what a PRIVATE group does, as to wether or not they police themselves or let the drugs run rampant. I dont understand where the government comes into play on this. It is a entertainment industry so why dont they go after all the actor/actresses for the same or all TV news anchors for that matter...

This whole thing is a complete waste of Your money and mine.....

Mr. P
12-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I gotta get this off my chest.

Why in the hell are we spending TAX dollars on the investigation of possible steroid use in baseball.

Is baseball funded by tax dollars???
Is it under the jurisdiction of the Feds???

Why does the Federal gavernment care what a PRIVATE group does, as to wether or not they police themselves or let the drugs run rampant. I dont understand where the government comes into play on this. It is a entertainment industry so why dont they go after all the actor/actresses for the same or all TV news anchors for that matter...

This whole thing is a complete waste of Your money and mine.....

I agree 100%!

manu1959
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
agree......

Hagbard Celine
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I thought Congress was actually in control of baseball.

darin
12-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I thought it was the Jews.

Hagbard Celine
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I thought it was the Jews.

Noahide Jews? :eek:

5stringJeff
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I thought the Mitchell report was commissioned by MLB. Regardless, since steroid use is banned by federal law, and it seems to be fairly widespread (according to the report) then there's some reason for the federal government to be involved.

actsnoblemartin
12-13-2007, 07:06 PM
agree

the feds are a big fat piggie.

agree......