PDA

View Full Version : Edwards' blogger resigns

stephanie
02-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Have you read anything by this woman??:puke: Hiring her and then keeping her on when it was pointed out just how ugly and hatful this woman writing are...shows you what Edwards is made of...Another empty suit and a phoney ...

By Michelle Malkin · February 12, 2007 08:42 PM
"Blogmaster" Amanda Marcotte has resigned from the Edwards' campaign (the site is currently down). Of course, it's all the right wing's and Catholic activists' fault (a blame-avoidance strategy I highlighted on The O'Reilly Factor tonight before news of Marcotte's resignation broke). Writes Marcotte this evening:

I was hired by the Edwards campaign for the skills and talents I bring to the table, and my willingness to work hard for what’s right. Unfortunately, Bill Donohue and his calvacade of right wing shills don’t respect that a mere woman like me could be hired for my skills, :boohoo: and pretended that John Edwards had to be held accountable for some of my personal, non-mainstream views on religious influence on politics (I’m anti-theocracy, for those who were keeping track). Bill Donohue—anti-Semite, right wing lackey whose entire job is to create non-controversies in order to derail liberal politics—has been running a scorched earth campaign to get me fired for my personal beliefs and my writings on this blog. In fact, he’s made no bones about the fact that his intent is to “silence” me, as if he—a perfect stranger—should have a right to curtail my freedom of speech. Why? Because I’m a woman? Because I’m pro-choice? Because I’m not religious? All of the above, it seems.

Regardless, it was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign. No matter what you think about the campaign, I signed on to be a supporter and a tireless employee for them, and if I can’t do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue doesn’t have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won’t do it. I resigned my position today and they accepted.

The Associated Press has a typically fair and balanced--not--headline:

Targeted Blogger Quits Edwards Campaign
Here, let me rewrite that headline for you, AP:

"Godbag"-spewing Blogger Quits Edwards Campaign

(11:15pm Eastern update) - WaPo's Howard Kurtz has a story in Tuesday's paper, now up on the Web.

Marcotte vows revenge, Danny Glover points out:

Unencumbered by her work for Edwards, she vowed to strike back. "The main good news," Marcotte wrote, "is that I don’t have a conflict of interest issue anymore that was preventing me from defending myself against these baseless accusations. So it’s on."
So much for that sincere apology. Good news for the nutroots: She's free, free again to yell "Jeebus" all she wants!

More at"
http://michellemalkin.com/

jillian
02-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Pssssssssssst... Steffie. Bill Donohue IS an anti-semite with raging fantasies about Jews and what he *thinks* we run. He also wishes children who are gay dead....

Pretty disgusting guy. You want to argue policies? That's one thing.. .but defending someone like him is another. There isn't anything that justtifies wishing children dead.

Perhaps the MSM version of events was more accurate. Cause I've never seen Malkin do anything but distort and obfuscate.

red states rule
02-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Pssssssssssst... Steffie. Bill Donohue IS an anti-semite with raging fantasies about Jews and what he *thinks* we run. He also wishes children who are gay dead....

Pretty disgusting guy. You want to argue policies? That's one thing.. .but defending someone like him is another. There isn't anything that justtifies wishing children dead.

Perhaps the MSM version of events was more accurate. Cause I've never seen Malkin do anything but distort and obfuscate.

It is the "in" thing to bash Christians if you are a lib. If she would have said the same things about Muslims or Jews, Pretty Boy would have fired her the same day

Of course, Pretty Boy did the Kerry thing when he fired her then rehired her

Now, it is the fault of those rascally Republicans this lib is now unemployed. I am sure she can find work at al Jazeera where her views on Christians are welcome

stephanie
02-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Pssssssssssst... Steffie. Bill Donohue IS an anti-Semite with raging fantasies about Jews and what he *thinks* we run. He also wishes children who are gay dead....

Pretty disgusting guy. You want to argue policies? That's one thing.. .but defending someone like him is another. There isn't anything that justifies wishing children dead.

So like normal, you attact the source instead of the object of the article...
This was about HER...
This woman writes some vile and hateful stuff..
And not just against Catholics...
Edwards hired her while he proclaims to be a Christian....He's a Phoney and she's.....Sick

I'd tell you to go read her stuff.....But I'm sure you would probably agree with her.......:puke:

red states rule
02-13-2007, 07:11 AM
So like normal, you attact the source instead of the object of the article...
This was about HER...
This woman writes some vile and hateful stuff..
And not just against Catholics...
Edwards hired her while he proclaims to be a Christian....He's a Phoney and she's.....Sick

I'd tell you to go read her stuff.....But I'm sure you would probably agree with her.......

Steph, libs still blame the "Christian right" for their loss of Congress in 94 and Pres Bush's two election wins

To them, these are unforgivable sins and they deserve anything a lib says about them

KarlMarx
02-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Anti-semitism is bad, anti-Christianity is also bad...

both seem to be the in thing with the Left these days

Sitarro
02-13-2007, 07:33 AM

I'm sure this bigot is looking for a lawyer to defend her first amendment rights, better rush on over there, wouldn't want to miss a chance to defend human excrement..... you might not want to let her know about the whole Jewish thing, she might just decide to "bust a cap" in you.:coffee:

red states rule
02-13-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm sure this bigot is looking for a lawyer to defend her first amendment rights, better rush on over there, wouldn't want to miss a chance to defend human excrement..... you might not want to let her know about the whole Jewish thing, she might just decide to "bust a cap" in you.:coffee:

I thought Pretty Boy was an ambulance chaser (i.e. lawyer) He can defend her and take 50% of whatever she gets

He does have to pay for his new 30,000 sq ft compound

Pale Rider
02-13-2007, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the morning joke. That gave me a good laugh to jump start my day... :coffee:

Pale Rider
02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
I thought Pretty Boy was an ambulance chaser (i.e. lawyer) He can defend her and take 50% of whatever she gets

He does have to pay for his new 30,000 sq ft compound

Ambulance chaser, trial lawyer, which he is, they're all a bunch of pissbags.

red states rule
02-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Ambulance chaser, trial lawyer, which he is, they're all a bunch of pissbags.

They claim to be there to help the poor victims of corporate injustice. But how much of the money do the "victims" get after the lawyers get their cut?

Look at the modest home Pretty Boy is building. 30,000 sq feet. I wonder where the money came from? I wonder how much energy is needed to heat/cool this simple version of a liberal treehuger's home

Pale Rider
02-13-2007, 10:52 AM
They claim to be there to help the poor victims of corporate injustice. But how much of the money do the "victims" get after the lawyers get their cut?

Look at the modest home Pretty Boy is building. 30,000 sq feet. I wonder where the money came from? I wonder how much energy is needed to heat/cool this simple version of a liberal treehuger's home

Pretty boy should be slapped up and told go sit in the corner and shut up. He will never see the White House.

I think lawyers fees are some of the biggest rip offs this country has ever seen. Lawyers are blood suckers walking upright on two feet.

red states rule
02-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Pretty boy should be slapped up and told go sit in the corner and shut up. He will never see the White House.

I think lawyers fees are some of the biggest rip offs this country has ever seen. Lawyers are blood suckers walking upright on two feet.

Then the lawyers turn around and whine about the fees credit cards charge. Or the late fee on your home mortage.

Welcome to Looney Tune Liberalville

Birdzeye
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I really don't like blogs, for the most part. I see blogs as propaganda pieces that spread stories that may have no basis in reality or fact. I find this true of both liberal and conservative blogs, Democrat and Republican leaning blogs.

red states rule
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
I really don't like blogs, for the most part. I see blogs as propaganda pieces that spread stories that may have no basis in reality or fact. I find this true of both liberal and conservative blogs, Democrat and Republican leaning blogs.

The racist rants are not fiction. She wrote it while working for Pretty Boy Edwards

Like a true liberal, Pretty Boy Edwards waited and hoped the issue would go away. But because of the evil Fox News and the evil talk radio hotsts it did not. Then he fired her. Then he rehired her. Now is quit

Of course there was no problem for Pretty Boy Edwards and the left - her racist rants were directed toward Christians

Pale Rider
02-13-2007, 12:45 PM

Then what, pray tell, are you doing here?

jillian
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Ummmm... this isn't a blog, it's a messageboard. :cheers2:

Grumplestillskin
02-13-2007, 01:28 PM

Maybe you can glue her cases shut as you put them in the plane. Better yet why don't you get out your disposable and do some point and click work - oh, that's right, you're crap at that too, or else you wouldn't need a secondary job...:gay:

Grumplestillskin
02-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Coming from a guy who is friendly with drug-supplying outlaw biker gangs, I find this a tad amusing...

Grumplestillskin
02-13-2007, 01:30 PM

What do blogs have to do with writing on messageboards?

Abbey Marie
02-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Wow. Looks like Grump is really livin' up to his name today.

Grumplestillskin
02-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Wow. Looks like Grump is really livin' up to his name today.

:cheers2: