PDA

View Full Version : Jolie: I Prefer My Non-White Children

Hugh Lincoln
12-13-2007, 07:52 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=501284&in_page_id=1773

Kathianne
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=501284&in_page_id=1773

Hollyweird.

Pale Rider
12-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Another DAZLING reason why these mutton heads should NOT be role models.

manu1959
12-13-2007, 09:07 PM
good thing she has her looks.....

Nukeman
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM

For now!!!

She was with Billy BobThorton though, so that puts her way up on the skank scale......IMHO:cheers2:

manu1959
12-13-2007, 09:22 PM
For now!!!

She was with Billy BobThorton though, so that puts her way up on the skank scale......IMHO:cheers2:

she is on her way.......

82Marine89
12-13-2007, 09:22 PM

Good thing she knows Doc Hollywood. She's got more plastic than a Lego factory.

actsnoblemartin
12-14-2007, 12:00 AM
I think that is a racist statement by jolie.

nevadamedic
12-14-2007, 01:44 AM

What looks? She's a dog ugly troll.

Who cares of someone want's to adopt a baby of a different race. I would probably adopt a black or hispanic baby if one needed a home and a loving family.

Abbey Marie
12-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Poor baby. She'll spend her life trying to make up for feeling second best/less loved by Mommy.

nevadamedic
12-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Poor baby. She'll spend her life trying to make up for feeling second best/less loved by Mommy.

How so?

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2007, 05:46 AM
I Prefer My Non-White Children

???.....you know, I am puzzled....I read the article and in my opinion, it is ridiculous to try to put that interpretation on her comments.....is it simply because you are racist that you try to put that spin on it?

12-14-2007, 06:25 AM
???.....you know, I am puzzled....I read the article and in my opinion, it is ridiculous to try to put that interpretation on her comments.....is it simply because you are racist that you try to put that spin on it?

im agreeing. Im not sure how that story can be spun this way. she is simply saying she loves all her children.

poor kids still.

Hugh Lincoln
12-14-2007, 09:49 AM
im agreeing. Im not sure how that story can be spun this way. she is simply saying she loves all her children.

poor kids still.

Alright, let's go to the tape:

The actress said she felt a deep connection to her adopted children because of the pain they had endured in their young lives.

She added: "I felt so much more for Madd, Zahara and Pax because they were survivors.

"Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born.

I think my spin is closer than yours.

Abbey Marie
12-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Racist or not, it is pathetic for a mother to state (or imply) that she has different feelings for one child than another. And to do so when you are famous, is a guarantee that the child will hear about it some day. It's no one's business anyway, so for her to talk about her adopted children like that, seems calculated to show herself as a Hollywood version of Mother Theresa.

If Ms. Jolie did not mean to sound like she was favoring her adopted children over her natural one, perhaps she should lay off the interviews until she learns how to artiucalte her thoughts better.

Hagbard Celine
12-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Racist or not, it is pathetic for a mother to state (or imply) that she has different feelings for one child than another. And to do so when you are famous, is a guarantee that the child will hear about it some day. It's no one's business anyway, so for her to talk about her adopted children like that, seems calculated to show herself as a Hollywood version of Mother Theresa.

If Ms. Jolie did not mean to sound like she was favoring her adopted children over her natural one, perhaps she should lay off the interviews until she learns how to artiucalte her thoughts better.

You tell 'em Abs. I'm just glad that someone finally came out with a strong stance on this important issue. :poke:

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Alright, let's go to the tape:

The actress said she felt a deep connection to her adopted children because of the pain they had endured in their young lives.

She added: "I felt so much more for Madd, Zahara and Pax because they were survivors.

"Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born.

I think my spin is closer than yours.

I'm sure you do, but I say your spin is bogus.....she doesn't say she feels more LOVE for them, she's talking about the suffering they went through as orphans in third world countries........good grief.....

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2007, 11:50 AM
until she learns how to artiucalte her thoughts better
sorry, Abbey, but the problem is the way YOU are articulating her thoughts, not the way she did.....

manu1959
12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
sorry, Abbey, but the problem is the way YOU are articulating her thoughts, not the way she did.....

she called you of her children an outcast....

she called one of her children privileged...

she called certain children survivors and expressed special compassion for their plight....

this will most likely cause a rift in the family dynamics if it hasn't already happened....

nice parenting skills........

Sitarro
12-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Want to place bets on which child becomes THE problem child. She is already being called an outcast because of the way she looks.

"Angelina told Look magazine: "She looks like Brad. It's funny because she's almost going to be the outcast in the family because she's blonde and blue-eyed."

Jolie also admitted she would have been happy not to have a biological child."

The only chance this kid has is if Brad takes her far away from this looney tunes character(apologies to all Looney Tunes characters). For that matter, that might be the only chance for Pitt.

Hagbard Celine
12-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Want to place bets on which child becomes THE problem child. She is already being called an outcast because of the way she looks.

"Angelina told Look magazine: "She looks like Brad. It's funny because she's almost going to be the outcast in the family because she's blonde and blue-eyed."

Jolie also admitted she would have been happy not to have a biological child."

The only chance this kid has is if Brad takes her far away from this looney tunes character(apologies to all Looney Tunes characters). For that matter, that might be the only chance for Pitt.

I think Pitt will make sure she's a well-rounded person as she gets older.

truthmatters
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Another DAZLING reason why these mutton heads should NOT be role models.

So who do you think should be a role model?

It is really funny to me that people think they should pick who gets to be a role model for others.

People pick their own role models.

Why dont you like people to have choice?

Adopting kids should be something someone who hates abortion should LIKE people to do dont you think?

Why are you hating on people for loving their adopted kids so much they have to be careful to treat their biological kids the same?

It is really funny to me how people who think like you do can not keep their thoughts consistant with their beliefs.

manu1959
12-14-2007, 01:30 PM
anyone have the ovaltine decoder ring handy.................

It is really funny to me that people think they should pick who gets to be a role model for others.

Adopting kids should be something someone who hates abortion should LIKE people to do dont you think?

Why are you hating on people for loving their adopted kids so much they have to be careful to treat their biological kids the same?

It is really funny to me how people who think like you do can not keep their thoughts consistant with their beliefs.

Trigg
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM

:cuckoo:

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
she called you of her children an outcast....

she called one of her children privileged...

she called certain children survivors and expressed special compassion for their plight....

this will most likely cause a rift in the family dynamics if it hasn't already happened....

nice parenting skills........

lords, you people don't get enough caffeine in your diet, do you.....

"she called one of her children an outcast"....yeah, she said "It's funny because she's almost going to be the outcast in the family because she's blonde and blue-eyed".....you turn it from a funny statement into a curse on her first born....

"she called certain children survivors"....do you know what it's like in a third world orphanage?......they ARE survivors.....

"expressed special compassion for their plight".....well damn the woman, THAT's certainly going too far, who does she think she is to have COMPASSION!.......

(before this goes further, my 32 year old niece came out of a Korean orphanage, both my kids are adopted and I know a LOT, repeat LOT, of people with kids they have adopted from third world countries......not only do I think it is a good thing that she has adopted three kids from three different countries, but I don't think ANYTHING she said detracts in anyway from how she views her oldest child)......

manu1959
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM

"she called one of her children an outcast"....yeah, she said "It's funny because she's almost going to be the outcast in the family because she's blonde and blue-eyed".....you turn it from a funny statement into a curse on her first born....

"she called certain children survivors"....do you know what it's like in a third world orphanage?......they ARE survivors.....

"expressed special compassion for their plight".....well damn the woman, THAT's certainly going too far, who does she think she is to have COMPASSION!.......

sorry to have an opinion that is different than yours....

by all means make fun of your children anyway you want....

Trigg
12-14-2007, 02:20 PM

(before this goes further, my 32 year old niece came out of a Korean orphanage, both my kids are adopted and I know a LOT, repeat LOT, of people with kids they have adopted from third world countries......not only do I think it is a good thing that she has adopted three kids from three different countries, but I don't think ANYTHING she said detracts in anyway from how she views her oldest child)......

How about this one??

Jolie also admitted she would have been happy not to have a biological child.

She needs to be very careful about what she says, this will be read back to the child at a later date. Refusing to answer the question about whether she is happy she got pregnant is very telling.

Their hard beginning in life really isn't going to matter in the long run. They will never remember any hardship and are going to grow up rich.

manu1959
12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
How about this one??

She needs to be very careful about what she says, this will be read back to the child at a later date. Refusing to answer the question about whether she is happy she got pregnant is very telling.

Their hard beginning in life really isn't going to matter in the long run. They will never remember any hardship and are going to grow up rich.

really this little kid is going to eventually find out mommy called em an outcast....didn't want em .....

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2007, 02:45 PM
How about this one??

Quote:
Jolie also admitted she would have been happy not to have a biological child

the fact that someone would have been happy not to have a biological child does not mean she doesn't love the biological child she has.....it's simply a statement that she would have been content with having only adopted children.....I can understand that very well......I am content with having adopted children.....somepeople avoid adoption and spend tens of thousands of dollars for in vitreo fertilization because they can't deal with not having biological children.....

as she said "It was different journeys but very similar feelings."....

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
by all means make fun of your children anyway you want....

I do....I tell them they are lucky they are adopted.....otherwise they would have been stuck with either my genes or my wife's........

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2007, 02:47 PM
.didn't want em .....

she didn't say that, Manu.....you are being dishonest now.....

nevadamedic
12-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I think that is a racist statement by jolie.

It quite possibly is. She could have handled it differently and im sure she didn't mean for it to be or sound racist.

Hugh Lincoln
12-14-2007, 03:32 PM
It quite possibly is. She could have handled it differently and im sure she didn't mean for it to be or sound racist.

But it was indeed "racist" in the sense that she's calling her own white child an "outcast" and her little brown pets her "survivors." But since racism against whites doesn't count...

nevadamedic
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
But it was indeed "racist" in the sense that she's calling her own white child an "outcast" and her little brown pets her "survivors." But since racism against whites doesn't count...

What she said on a one time basis isn't even as close to as racist as the things you say on a daily or regular basis.

Hugh Lincoln
12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
What she said on a one time basis isn't even as close to as racist as the things you say on a daily or regular basis.

But the difference is that my "racism" is acknowledged, principled and consistent. I'm for whites, period. Angelina Jolie would never admit to being for or against anything, except that she might actually say she was against white people. But for that, nobody calls HER a bad name. She's a big star and everyone applauds her adoption of the third-world kiddies as magnanimous.