actsnoblemartin
12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
yay!

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Houston 31 Denver 13

q13M_t3XXKU

diuretic
12-14-2007, 03:02 AM
Is that the Astrodome? I saw the Astros beat the San Francisco Giants there back in July or August 1996 (a bloke proposed to his girlfriend that night and they showed it up on the screen). I liked the plastic beer glasses, size of buckets - perfect! :cheers2:

Sorry for the hijack.................I'm a Rams fan :o

hjmick
12-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Is that the Astrodome? I saw the Astros beat the San Francisco Giants there back in July or August 1996 (a bloke proposed to his girlfriend that night and they showed it up on the screen). I liked the plastic beer glasses, size of buckets - perfect! :cheers2:

Sorry for the hijack.................I'm a Rams fan :o

No, that is the new Reliant Stadium, it's right next to the Astrodome. It is a beautiful stadium, it has a retractable roof, great facilities. Every seat feels close to the field.

The Astrodome does hold some good memories for me, I saw the Astros and Oilers play there in my youth.

5stringJeff
12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
I saw this game last night. I was the only one in the bar (of about 30 people) who cared about the game. Awesome!

hjmick
12-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I saw this game last night. I was the only one in the bar (of about 30 people) who cared about the game. Awesome!

There's the other Texans fan. I only wish I could have seen it, damn Time Warner. They're still in the playoff chase. This is the first season I have not seen at least one game in person. They are pretty much ignored by the networks so there is little hope to see them on Sunday.

5stringJeff
12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
There's the other Texans fan. I only wish I could have seen it, damn Time Warner. They're still in the playoff chase. This is the first season I have not seen at least one game in person. They are pretty much ignored by the networks so there is little hope to see them on Sunday.

I've seen two games this year... this one and the Cleveland game. Drove five hours one way to see that, and we stunk. Oh well. Now we're 7-7 and still alive for the playoffs!

hjmick
12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
And Mario Williams is beginning to look like a brilliant first round pick.

5stringJeff
12-14-2007, 02:59 PM
And Mario Williams is beginning to look like a brilliant first round pick.

Richard Justice, eat your heart out!

hjmick
12-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I never have liked The Houston Comical, I was always a Post man myself.

5stringJeff
12-14-2007, 04:57 PM
I never have liked The Houston Comical, I was always a Post man myself.

I haven't lived in the area since '89, so I only see the online version of the Chron.

hjmick
12-14-2007, 05:00 PM
I haven't lived in the area since '89, so I only see the online version of the Chron.

I haven't lived there since '76, but, up until this year, I usually go back once or twice a year. For whatever reason, I have Houston stuck in my heart. When the Oilers moved it damn near killed me.