PDA

View Full Version : Go Speed, Go!

hjmick
12-14-2007, 12:12 AM
When I heard that they were going to make the classic Speed Racer into a movie, I was concerned that Hollywood would, once again, destroy a part of my youth . Judging by the trailer, I'd say they captured the spirit of the old anime classic.

MQyYPP9zR7M

dan
12-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Looks okay, I suppose. The racing stuff looks cool, but the green screen work looks terrible. None of the actors in any shot of that trailer looked like they were actually in the environment behind them. Same issue I had with the Star Wars prequels. I'd watch it, though, I really like Emile Hirsch ever since Into the Wild.

Offtopic, kinda, but I hate that every single trailer has the same exact structure these days. Just like this one, they always end with a bunch of fast cuts of random action with super-loud music playing, then it all cuts out for the title, someone says one or two lines of dialogue, then the music slams back in for another few seconds. Is it that hard to make original previews?

hjmick
12-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Is it that hard to make original previews?

Hell Dan, they can't make original movies and you want original trailers? :laugh2:

dan
12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Hell Dan, they can't make original movies and you want original trailers? :laugh2:

This is true! At least they're not eating each other's shit like in the Alvin & The Chipmunks trailer. Talk about a movie raping your childhood!

nevadamedic
12-16-2007, 01:13 PM
When I heard that they were going to make the classic Speed Racer into a movie, I was concerned that Hollywood would, once again, destroy a part of my youth . Judging by the trailer, I'd say they captured the spirit of the old anime classic.

MQyYPP9zR7M

I totally agree, they should not make this movie, it will completly ruin the cartoon series. What's next, Voltron? The Jetsons? Geez.